Who else feels the price of Disney is not bad considering what you get

It really is a matter of perspective, everything is getting expensive now days. We went sking last December it was $174 (for one day) for the lift pass each plus our rental gear... prior to the trip we spent 500 on warm weather gear, and i was shopping at discount places and used. The hotel prices were similar to Disney. Everything in the mountains is overpriced even outside the resort.
We had so much fun but it would have been a really nice disney trip.. we spend twice as much for the same amount of days

I don't understand why everyone keeps saying you can only go on a few rides a day. We go almost every year and we go on every ride we want. I guess it's all in the planning and timing of everything. Heck, last vacation we went on splash mountain 3 times in a row within the hour and that same day were on 7dmt a few times all while getting on the other rides. This is with a lot of stops and breaks since we had our 13 month old with us. There are maybe 2 rides per park that usually go over 60 minutes long.
Believe me when I say that I KNOW how to plan. I have been at this a lot longer than you have with multiple trips per year. Planning is just part of it, but the crowds are a huge factor. Looking at your past trips, I see you go more "off-season" in September and I'm guessing early December. I'm sure that colors your experience. Baby swap also helps getting on attractions more than once. Also believe me when I say that the crowds are much, much, much worse when kids are out of school: Spring Break, Summer, & Christmas. The only time we were able to ride Splash 3 times in one hour was when it was 49-degrees on a chilly late December night :crazy2:. My DD18 rode ALONE in a log! Unless you homeschool, you'll experience the joys of school break WDW soon enough and then you'll understand how you can only get a few rides in per day because even Small World has a 60-minute line.

This. There is always a price point where you lose customers. They have obviously not reached that point yet.
And they probably never will.

I don’t buy for a minute that Disney is trying to control crowds. There is no earthly reason for them to turn away business.
I agree. They want the place somewhat crowded so that they can sell some really high profit services, like Minnie Vans, hard-ticket events, and VIP tours.

I don't think they are trying to control crowds AT ALL. I know that I'm in the minority on that.

Also, to add to the sporting event comparison the money we were spending on LSU season tickets was equal to a Disney trip and we don't even go to every game. I can tell you once you add food and parking in the ticket price it really isn't worth it to us anymore. I'd rather go to Disney for one week. :) So I totally understand where OP is coming from on that.

I am not exactly sure how you are saying Disney is less? Or were you not talking about the football team?

http://www.lsusports.net/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=5200&ATCLID=177298
Looks like last year was basically $500 for 7 homes games. That is $71 per game per person for 7 weekends of fun. In comparison just tickets for 7 different weekends at Disney would require you to purchase an annual pass which was $894. Now if we want to talk about 7 straight days of Disney that's fine but its $497 and the food/hotel is going to be more expensive than going to those LSU games where you likely don't even stay overnight for because I assume you live nearby.

I will call out the spots analogy every single time because it is not accurate.

I do not think Disney is overpriced but lets at least be truthful.

Oh and if you want to say you can get by cheap for food at Disney the same can be said at sporting events where you tailgate or carry in food as well.

I am not exactly sure how you are saying Disney is less? Or were you not talking about the football team?

Looks like last year was basically $500 for 7 homes games. That is $71 per game per person for 7 weekends of fun. In comparison just tickets for 7 different weekends at Disney would require you to purchase an annual pass which was $894. Now if we want to talk about 7 straight days of Disney that's fine but its $497 and the food/hotel is going to be more expensive than going to those LSU games where you likely don't even stay overnight for because I assume you live nearby.

LOL

4 tickets, row 11, goal line. Hefty TAF donation just to have the "privilege" of buying the tickets. It's about $5000 for the season. That does not include the parking passes (if we want them) and the food and drinks per game.

But hey, thanks for the "call out."

ETA: We actually have 6 seats and a friend goes in on 2.

Hefty TAF donation

Except that donation is a donation not the price of the tickets. I assume that donation also unlocks you being allowed to purchase all sporting events at LSU. Is there also a limit on the number of tickets on the TAF donation per sporting event?

So yes I will call it out again.

How about I buy tickets second hand? No requirement for a donation.

LOL

4 tickets, row 11, goal line. Hefty TAF donation just to have the "privilege" of buying the tickets. It's about $5000 for the season. That does not include the parking passes (if we want them) and the food and drinks per game.

Want another call out?

http://www.lsusports.net/ViewArticle.dbml?&DB_OEM_ID=5200&ATCLID=3689647
$0 donations required for Skyline Club or Upper Bench.

Except that donation is a donation not the price of the tickets. I assume that donation also unlocks you being allowed to purchase all sporting events at LSU. Is there also a limit on the number of tickets on the TAF donation per sporting event?

So yes I will call it out again.

How about I buy tickets second hand? No requirement for a donation.

You cannot buy the tickets without making the donation. Therefore I will absolutely include that in the price.

Except that these tickets have been in the family for about 60 years. You really don't understand how it works.

https://www.stubhub.com/lsu-tigers-...uge-8-30-2019/event/103964342/?sort=price+asc
Wow so hard to find $400-$500 season tickets... I am done with this exchange though. If you want to pay extra because the seats are better thats fine I do it as well. I do not however say because I spent $400 on a single ticket to a National Championship game that its costs that much when I could have found tickets for $70 easily.

https://www.stubhub.com/lsu-tigers-...uge-8-30-2019/event/103964342/?sort=price+asc
Wow so hard to find $400-$500 season tickets... I am done with this exchange though. If you want to pay extra because the seats are better thats fine I do it as well. I do not however say because I spent $400 on a single ticket to a National Championship game that its costs that much when I could have found tickets for $70 easily.

I was talking about MY PERSONAL EXPERIENCE AS A SEASON TICKET HOLDER. What I pay would cost the same as a Disney trip. I was not talking about what EVERYONE ELSE pays.

My goodness. I forgot you're "done with this exchange."

I was freaking out about this. I don't think any hotel on Disney property is worth upwards of $600 a night, period. So much so we cancelled our reservation at Yacht Club.
But now we are staying at the new Gran Destino Tower at Coronado Springs and honest to god, I saw pictures today and I feel like we got the deal of the century!!! What they are charging for this hotel is bonkers compared to the deluxes. The money we saved vs having bus as transportation is BEYOND worth it in my opinion.

I think the tickets, food, etc. is on par with other similar experiences in the U.S.
So for now, I feel that it will be (hopefully) money well spent.

I was freaking out about this. I don't think any hotel on Disney property is worth upwards of $600 a night, period. So much so we cancelled our reservation at Yacht Club.
But now we are staying at the new Gran Destino Tower at Coronado Springs and honest to god, I saw pictures today and I feel like we got the deal of the century!!! What they are charging for this hotel is bonkers compared to the deluxes. The money we saved vs having bus as transportation is BEYOND worth it in my opinion.

I think the tickets, food, etc. is on par with other similar experiences in the U.S.
So for now, I feel that it will be (hopefully) money well spent.

Agree. They have lost their minds charging those room rates.

Oh and if you want to say you can get by cheap for food at Disney the same can be said at sporting events where you tailgate or carry in food as well.
You also can't compare what you paid as a student to what you pay as an alumni. My DD is a student at the UW Madison and student tickets for the 2019 season are $199 for 7 games. Our Badger football season tickets are $448 for the same games.

Let's not talk about how much my Cubs tickets are! Let's just say they have gone up 61% over 5 years. I just compared the increase in APs from 2014 - 2019 and in 2014 a Premium AP was $634 and now it's $1119 for an increase of nearly 77%

LOL

Gotta say, that does suck :(. We specifically sit in a zone that has no additional required contributions or seat fees for the Badgers. It's all the way in the upper deck in the corner, but the view and the people around me are great.

You also can't compare what you paid as a student to what you pay as an alumni. My DD is a student at the UW Madison and student tickets for the 2019 season are $199 for 7 games. Our Badger football season tickets are $448 for the same games.

Let's not talk about how much my Cubs tickets are! Let's just say they have gone up 61% over 5 years. I just compared the increase in APs from 2014 - 2019 and in 2014 a Premium AP was $634 and now it's $1119 for an increase of nearly 77%
It cost us $1000 to go see a Yankees game last week. That includes the train tickets and food. I’m only going to be paying $600 more to get a 9 day park hopper.

Nope, can't agree. Disney is crazy expensive, which is why it's a very occasional treat for us. Insanely expensive.

Admittedly, we don't go to concerts or live sporting events often -- partly because of the cost, partly because of the insane crowds, partly because we just don't get a whole lot of enjoyment out of such things. We'd rather own the CD or watch the game on TV.

Value is totally subjective. There isn’t a musical group or Broadway show worth $200 to me. I do not like sports, so again, no price is worth it to me. Disney is not worth what they are charging AT THIS TIME. They rested on their laurels for far too long and now they are playing catch up. I think they are grossly overpriced for what you get TODAY. I would not pay rack rate for one of their resorts or full price for a ticket. Once they get the bulk of the place refurbished and get the new attractions up and running then I will have to consider if they are a value at that time, and at what price.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter