'Where's your prince' and will this tale end 'happily ever after'? Sept 11 - Complete

Can't believe your on your last day....love the MK on our last day, but now Epcot WS is my favorite way to spend out last evening!

Isn't the opening ceremony great? I love it. Definitely worth getting up early for at least once!

:rotfl: for the yawn after Buzz. Too funny!

I love CP breakfast. That is the one group ADR I made for June when my brother's family comes. I wanted to pick on character breakfast and I knew that had to be it. :thumbsup2 I love the heart confetti on the table. How can I get one of those in June! :rotfl:

Hi Tanz! I'm sad to see it's your last full day
lol - good choice with Magic Kingdom though, it's nearly always the last park we visit on our trips :wizard:

With the pre-opening breakfast ADRs, they work really well with the jet lag on the first few days of the trips.. might be easier for you to wake up for them :cutie: - I've loved being at Magic Kingdom (Crystal Palace) and Animal Kingdom (Tusker House) when they are almost empty!

Hope you have a great weekend and your job search is going well :goodvibes

Emma princess: x

Hi Emma! I'm also sad to be writing about the last day - kind of makes me feel like the trip is coming to an end once again :( It was nice to spend our last full day at MK and I have a very nice evening here coming up soon as well! :goodvibes

Aah that makes sense about the early ADRs and getting to experience the empty parks :cutie: I did find it easier to wake up on the first portion of the trip. I struggled to get our MK Crystal Palace ADR as it was very popular and as we did not have Park Hoppers it made things a bit more complicated. However I will keep this advice in mind for future trips.

I had a great weekend especially as Manchester United won their match today hehe! I'm hoping to hear a positive result about the job search this week :wizard:

Nice photos of the opening ceremony! We've only seen it once as all the other times we've gone into the park early for ADR's.

I do not do well on Buzz, I can't seem to hit the targets hardly at all. TSM is much more my game! LOL

LOVE, Love the Crystal Palace! We enjoyed breakfast there in the past. It's so nice to sit and gaze out into the park while waiting for Pooh and the gang.

Thanks Carey! I enjoyed seeing it the once but will probably try to get in the park early on a future trip as well...it is so worth it.

Lol at least you do well on one game over the other. I'm pathetic on both of them! :rotfl: I just need to go on with someone who is even worse than me!

I LOVED Crystal Palace - it is such a nice place to have breakfast and still get to see what is happening in the park!

So sad it's your last full day!! You've had an amazing trip, though!! OMG I looooove CP breakfasts!!!! :love: Sooo good!! I agree with the orignal mickey waffles being wayyy better than the chocolate ones!! :goodvibes I can't wait to hear about the rest of your day!

I know - me too!!! :sad2: I loved the trip and had SO many highlights!! :goodvibes Lol I LOVE Crystal Palace as well. I will definitely be paying it another visit on a future trip! I know - I love anything covered in chocolate so thought I would enjoy the chocolate waffles but that didn't happen :confused3

Thanks! I hope to have an update in the next couple of days :goodvibes

Hey Tanz! I've been pretty bad about posting on here lately but I've still been following along. I was so glad we got to meet you guys. Even though you were late to dinner you had perfect timing because we had just finished our meal when you arrived. That gave us more time to talk. Thank you for the offer to come visit. I so wish we could afford to. One of these days maybe we'll be able to get across the pond haha. It stinks that you are already on your final full day. That just means it's time to start thinking about the next trip haha.

Hey Christina!! No worries - I know how hard it can be to find time to post on these boards sometimes - thank you for still following along! :hug: I was so happy to meet the both of you as well - it was so fun chatting to you and it was the only DIS meet Zaheer was a part of and he told me he enjoyed chatting with Matt! Lol I think if our food hadn't arrived we would've been chatting for much longer as it felt like time was passing too quickly!

You are more than welcome and I know what you mean about being able to afford the trip - I feel the same way about Disney World and other areas of the USA. I know - lol I have already been thinking about my next trip on numerous occasions! :rotfl:

Aww, your last day. :( Always so sad but yay for going to the Magic Kingdom. haha, I think it would be worth getting up early once so you can see the park with hardly anybody there. ;)

Glad you enjoyed the breakfast at CP. I will have to try it sometime. It does sound good!

I know - it sure is sad :( I'm so happy we were at MK for the last day! I think we did things in reverse order - we were at AK on our first day and MK for our last. I think most people do it the other way round lol! I feel the same way and think I'm going to attempt it on a future trip ;)

So sad... last day. I hate when I have to plan my last day and I haven't even had our first day...it rushes the trip!

Great pics--again... I love the one of you with Tigger. You look so happy!

Hoping Monday or Tuesday brings great news!! :hug:

I know, it feels like my trip is coming to an end again :sad2: Lol I know what you mean - you plan the trip so much that it feels like it has already taken place before it has even begun! :lmao:

Thanks - I love Tigger and the way he lifts your mood and makes you all happy!

Aaw thank you Debby :hug: I hope it's great news as well!!

Wow it's your last day already? This TR flew by! :eek:'

Glad you made it to rope drop! It's not fun getting up early on vacation, but to see MK rope drop, it's worth it! It's also nice to get in the park before everyone and get those castle pics with no one else in them! :thumbsup2

Glad you liked CP, it's one of my favorites! The characters are so cute, and the food is great!

I know right - just like the trip the TR went by far too quickly!! :rotfl: I think I had the extra time because of not having a permanent job. I want to try and finish it before I start a permanent job as will have less time to spend on these boards once that happens.

I'm SO happy we made rope drop as well! I'm glad you understand about not wanting to get up early on vacation!! Though it was easier to wake up on the first half due to the time difference :thumbsup2 It was nice getting into the park early though it was still busy on the day we visited.

I loved CP and would happily dine here again - I get why you find it hard to leave it out of your plans! ;)

Yum yum yum, Crystal Palace. I'm an early riser when I'm at WDW, but not typically early enough to catch the morning shows at the parks. However, I am a huge fan of early breakfast reservations. You're absolutely right, it does give you a great chance to see the park without lots of people there.

Yum, yum, yum indeed! Just thinking about the food is making me drool! :lmao: I did manage to get up early on the first part of the trip but think the jet lag and tiredness caught up with me by the last day! I'm looking forward to making and keeping that early ADR on a future trip ;)

I've never seen a MK opening ceremony, can you believe that? Next time I swear I will.
Mmmm Crystal Palace breakfast... drooling a little now.

You HAVE to!!! Definitely add it to your list for next time as I think everyone should experience it once and that's coming from me - someone who hates getting up in the mornings! :lmao:

Lol talking about it is making me drool as well!! If only I could have some Mickey Waffles now even though it is quite late here!

Aahhh, Crystal Palace...great breakfast choice!
And Winnie the Pooh characters are great, it looks like you both had a fun time interacting with them. :thumbsup2

That's awesome that you got to see the opening ceremony on your last Disney day.

It sure was a great breakfast choice and it looks like you'll be dining here soon as well ;) Enjoy!!!

We loved meeting and interacting with Winnie the Pooh characters - they were all fun though Tigger was the one that entertained us the most!

I know and it got better as I also got to see some more shows later on - hope to update soon :goodvibes

Can't believe your on your last day....love the MK on our last day, but now Epcot WS is my favorite way to spend out last evening!

I know...it doesn't seem that long since I started this TR or was even excited about the trip!! Time sure flies! :laughing:

Lol even though our last full day was at MK I do have a small segment of Epcot WS coming up on departure day :goodvibes

Isn't the opening ceremony great? I love it. Definitely worth getting up early for at least once!

:rotfl: for the yawn after Buzz. Too funny!

I love CP breakfast. That is the one group ADR I made for June when my brother's family comes. I wanted to pick on character breakfast and I knew that had to be it. :thumbsup2 I love the heart confetti on the table. How can I get one of those in June! :rotfl:

It sure is great and I have to say was even worth getting up early for!! :rotfl2:

I know, right? It must have been the early start catching up with me!! I didn't even realise until I got back home.

CP breakfast sure is the best! Ooh what a good choice to have when you visit with your brother's family - the kids will love it here! :thumbsup2 Lol I had that because I had noted that it was our anniversary! I was unsure whether to post that pic on here with everything that has taken place but decided to do it anyway. If you're noting a special occasion you could ask if you could have the confetti decorated in a heart shape :goodvibes

Hi everyone! How's your week going? I didn't get that job I was hoping for - was a bit disappointed but as a close friend of mine pointed out everything happens for a reason so maybe there's a better job out there for me. I'll just have to keep looking :)

So carrying on with our day at MK! After our delish breakfast at Crystal Palace we headed towards...

FANTASYLAND!!!

We hadn't spent much time in this area and I wanted to experience the rides before all the changes took place. Plus I knew how busy it could get and wanted to avoid the crowds.

We got FPs for Peter Pan and also got a Mickeys Philharmagic special FP as well, which we didn't need to use so kept as a souvenier ;)

We got in a queue thinking it was for Winnie the Pooh as it had the FP machine for it right outside but it turned out to be Mickey Philharmagic!! LOL though this was actually okay as I did want to see that show as well.

I LOVED this show and how it incorporated all the movies - it was amazing from start to finish!! Donald Duck was great and I laughed so hard at the ending when his butt was stuck out of the wall!!

I went on the Carousel which was okay but just like any other. I kept an eye out for the horse with a golden ribbon on it's tail but couldn't notice it.

807-1.jpg

We got in the line for Winnie the Pooh after successfully finding it this time round and it was very long! Think the time was posted at 40 minutes but it felt a lot longer. We hung around for a bit and I took a lot of pics of the new queue area.

791-1.jpg
790-1.jpg
792-1.jpg
793-1.jpg
DSCF1713-1.jpg

However after a bit decided to get FPs and go on something else instead - a smart move in my opinion! :thumbsup2

We skipped Dumbo as the queue was posted at 40 mins and didn't want to stand in the heat for that long! I did get this pic from afar and have seen pics of the construction on here so don't think I missed out on much ;)

DSCF1716-1.jpg

We then went on Snow White where I took lots of pics as I knew it'd be the first and last time I would be seeing or experiencing this attraction. I have to say I enjoyed it and will be sad to see it go but at the same time I'm excited about the Mine Train Coaster and other new attractions that'll be in place on my next visit!

797-1.jpg
DSCF1717-1.jpg
800-1.jpg
804-1.jpg

After saying goodbye to Snow White's Scary Adventures we used our FPs for Peter Pan and Winnie the Pooh. Both were a lot of fun and Zaheer loved this area as all the rides were the right speed for him!

DSCF1732-1.jpg
819-1.jpg

All but one...he was not tempted by the Mad tea cups and I even said I wouldn't spin the cup much lol. However, I enjoyed being on one one my own and spinning it as though my life depended on it! :rotfl:

DSCF1722-1.jpg

I wanted to see the inside of the castle and on the way we met the one and only Fairy Godmother. She was ever so sweet and asked me if it was my first visit.

DSCF1734-1.jpg

We went through the castle and took some shots of the murals but it was shut on the other side due to a show taking place.

DSCF1735-1.jpg
DSCF1736-1.jpg

More coming up - picture limit reached.

We then walked to Tommorowland and went on Speedway. Zaheer loved this. I thought it was okay and just took the opportunity to relax my feet!

829-1.jpg
831-1.jpg

We went on Space Mountain (I talked Zaheer on to it by saying there were no drops! I don't think he has quite forgiven me for it yet lol!) I was in the front row and a bit nervous myself as did not know what to expect. I LOVED the ride though screamed at the top of my lungs all the way through!! I'm pretty sure the CMs back at the podium could hear me! :lmao:

We took a shot of the red neck photo (which I can't seem to locate - sorry!) before leaving however Zaheer realised he had lost his sunglasses. This meant walking all the way back into the ride entrance in order to ask the CMs if they had found them. Luckily they had and everyone could relax! :teeth:

I wanted to go on People Mover however Zaheer only wanted to do one more attraction as he wanted to rest at Pop before our meal at Artist Point. There was no doubt in my mind as of what we were going to do. It had to be...

Monsters Inc Laugh Floor!!

This was hilarious!! This poor guy kept getting picked on but bless him he was a good sport. The jokes were okay but I can't remember them and didn't write them down.

836-1.jpg
837-1.jpg

We walked out of the park taking pics along the way. Although I knew I would be back later on it still felt sad walking out of the park.

839-1.jpg
840-1.jpg
842-1.jpg
843-1.jpg

In order to cheer myself up I got an ice cream cookie sandwich which was very yummy! It was very BIG though and even between the two of us we couldn't finish the thing!!

838-2.jpg

We took the bus back to Pop and rested before our dinner.

Coming up: Dinner at Artist Point!

What a fun morning! Too funny tricked Zaheer onto SM!!

I am sad that your trip is winding down, but eager to hear about Artist Point.:goodvibes

You got a lot done! I'm glad Zaheer didn't loose his glasses in the ride, or did he? I think if something drops it's lost forever.

Monster's Inc was so funny. We went for the first time and I laughed so hard my stomach hurt!

Tanz, BECAUSE I like you, I am NOT going to show Mark your latest update. He would be very upset if he saw that you didn't think you "missed anything" with not riding Dumbo; Dumbo is his all-time favorite and we do it every trip (I'll miss it when I am there this Friday). :lmao::lmao::lmao:

You guys got a lot of done on your morning in the MK between Fantasyland and Tomorrowland.

Last day blues. I know what those feel like. Always make the most of it though, right?

Okay, now that I'm looking at your ice cream sandwich, I'm beginning to think that my sandwich in November must have been a mutant. I mean it was crazy big! :lmao:

At least when you were heading out, you knew you'd be back later in the day.

Yay for SM! I love that ride, but strangely I haven't been on it nearly as much as the other two mountains! :confused3 I saw Monster's Inc a couple years ago for the first time and I thought it was really funny!! The jokes were cute and I really enjoyed it! That cookie sandwich looks so delish!!!!!! :love: I can't wait to hear about Artist Point! I've never been there!!

Great morning! I don't love Space Mountain. It's too jerky for my taste! lol
That ice cream sandwich looks sooo goodd!

I can't believe you got Zaheer on Space Mountain. :rotfl:

Fantasyland and Tomorrowland sound like the perfect part of the park to spend your last day in. The rides make you feel like a child again, and the slower paced feel of the attractions can be relaxing.

Looking forward to hearing about your dinner.

Sorry you didn't get the job you hoped for. My interview went well and I actually started this week, this is my 3rd day, it is going well.

Great Fantasyland pics, glad you got to do all the rides there that you wanted. We missed out on Winnie the Pooh and Peter Pan, I was disappointed but we just didn't have time.

I'm sorry you didn't get the job. :hug: I love your positive attitude. There is definitely something out there that will be really great.

I’m always a few updates behind around here! Geeze!

LOVE the dress you wore to Sanaa! Sounds like a lovely dinner and a very nice dis meet!

Your morning in MK sounds fabulous! Crystal Palace is so much fun!

Fabulous afternoon in MK as well! It seems like you got a lot done! I love PhilHarMagic!! LOVE!! I’m kinda sad to see Snow White go! But, I know the new Fantasy land is going to be so fabulous!

Yummy treat!!! I have to try to get one of those one day!! It looks soooooo good!

BTW, I'm sorry you didn't get the job! But, I bet your friend is right! Everything happens for a reason! Chin up and all will be good!

You got lots of great photos in your last update (which I am two days behind in reading).

Isn't it sad when you know you won't be back to a park for awhile? The ice cream cookie was a wonderful way to cheer yourself up. I have still not had one of those. I really need to try one. They look so great.

I, too, am looking forward to all the new rides in fantasyland. I would love something to be opened in June, but I'm not counting on it.

Can't wait to read about AP.

I'm sorry for the late replies everyone - has been a bit of a roller coaster of a week lol!

What a fun morning! Too funny tricked Zaheer onto SM!!

I am sad that your trip is winding down, but eager to hear about Artist Point.:goodvibes

Thanks! It sure was busy but as it was our last day in MK we just wanted to get in as much as possible. Haha yeah that was funny and although he still hates me for it he actually enjoyed Space Mountain more than he thought he would. He still wouldn't rush to get back on it though! :lmao:

I'm sad that is coming to an end as well especially as I have no plans for another trip at the minute. Artist Point will be coming up over the weekend - only have time for replies at the minute. Hopefully it'll be worth the wait! :goodvibes

You got a lot done! I'm glad Zaheer didn't loose his glasses in the ride, or did he? I think if something drops it's lost forever.

Monster's Inc was so funny. We went for the first time and I laughed so hard my stomach hurt!

We sure did! The reason for that was because we knew we wouldn't be back to experience it all again for a while - made it a bit bittersweet. No luckily Zaheer didn't lose his glasses in the ride - it was whilst we were looking at the photo. He would never have got them back otherwise! :laughing:

It was funny and we sure did laugh a lot! :goodvibes

Tanz, BECAUSE I like you, I am NOT going to show Mark your latest update. He would be very upset if he saw that you didn't think you "missed anything" with not riding Dumbo; Dumbo is his all-time favorite and we do it every trip (I'll miss it when I am there this Friday). :lmao::lmao::lmao:

You guys got a lot of done on your morning in the MK between Fantasyland and Tomorrowland.

Before I respond to your post I firstly want to apologise for missing your send off - I'm so sorry Kathy. I've mentioned it over on your PTR but I've had a bit of a rough week and therefore haven't managed to get on the DIS as much as I usually would.

Anyway LOL thank you for not showing my update to Mark as def don't want to upset him. Oops in that case I'll make sure I ride the 'new' Dumbo on numerous occasions! ;) You are at MK today? So jealous!!! :lmao: :lmao:

We sure did get a lot done in MK but it was our last visit in the park :goodvibes

Last day blues. I know what those feel like. Always make the most of it though, right?

Okay, now that I'm looking at your ice cream sandwich, I'm beginning to think that my sandwich in November must have been a mutant. I mean it was crazy big! :lmao:

At least when you were heading out, you knew you'd be back later in the day.

I know, it sure was sad especially because I knew I wouldn't be returning for a while :( If only I could get to visit as many times as you do lol! Haha we sure made the most of it which is why we jam packed so much into our day.

Yep yours must have been crazy big and I have no idea how you handled it as I couldn't manage the smaller version! :lmao:

That didn't work out as planned but will be coming up in the next few days ;)

Yay for SM! I love that ride, but strangely I haven't been on it nearly as much as the other two mountains! :confused3 I saw Monster's Inc a couple years ago for the first time and I thought it was really funny!! The jokes were cute and I really enjoyed it! That cookie sandwich looks so delish!!!!!! :love: I can't wait to hear about Artist Point! I've never been there!!

Yay indeed!! :thumbsup2 Oh no though I can understand the other two mountains being that little bit more appealing. I found Space Mountain the scariest but at the same time the most enjoyable of the three mountains! :rotfl:

Monster's Inc is hilarious!! That's exactly it - the jokes are corny but you still laugh along. I think the guy that got picked on made it for our show - he was just SO funny!!! :rotfl:

The cookie sandwich sure was delish but just a bit too big to handle! :lmao: I'm hoping to have Artist Point up by Sunday! :goodvibes

Great morning! I don't love Space Mountain. It's too jerky for my taste! lol
That ice cream sandwich looks sooo goodd!

Thanks - it sure was! Lol it sure is jerky though the fact that I screamed my head off made it worthwhile!! I'm surprised I didn't have a sore throught by the time I was done! :lmao:

Oh, it sure was goood! I may need to try and make one at home over the weekend - obviously it won't be the same but still better then nothing ;)

I can't believe you got Zaheer on Space Mountain. :rotfl:

Fantasyland and Tomorrowland sound like the perfect part of the park to spend your last day in. The rides make you feel like a child again, and the slower paced feel of the attractions can be relaxing.

Looking forward to hearing about your dinner.

:rotfl2: I know, right?!! I never thought I would manage to pull it off! He told me afterwards he thought I was having him on but decided to go on it anyway as it was our last visit to MK! :thumbsup2

That's exactly what it felt like and think was the reason behind us getting so much done. I wanted to try and get the other two mountains in again as well (you know do a triple whammy!) but it never happened.

Sorry you didn't get the job you hoped for. My interview went well and I actually started this week, this is my 3rd day, it is going well.

Great Fantasyland pics, glad you got to do all the rides there that you wanted. We missed out on Winnie the Pooh and Peter Pan, I was disappointed but we just didn't have time.

Aaw thank you - I feel loads better about it now and have since applied for other jobs. Wherever I'm meant to end up will be the job that'll come through in the end and I'm hoping the long wait will be worth it ;) Glad to hear your job is going well - enjoy it!

Thanks, I'm glad we got to fit everything in as well. That's a shame though both attractions were pretty busy when we went on them as well. Just a reason to plan another trip especially now with the new job! :goodvibes

I'm sorry you didn't get the job. :hug: I love your positive attitude. There is definitely something out there that will be really great.

Aaw thank you :hug: Haha it's got better with all the knockbacks!! I keep getting to interview stage and not getting further but oh well an interview is better then nothing. It also means extra chances to practice ;) Thanks - I keep believing the same thing! :goodvibes

I’m always a few updates behind around here! Geeze!

Geeze indeed!! :rotfl: Nah I'm only kidding! I have been updating quite a bit recently as want to finish this TR before I start work. Can take my time a bit now!

LOVE the dress you wore to Sanaa! Sounds like a lovely dinner and a very nice dis meet!

Thank you! That dress sure got some great compliments so will be keeping it for a while ;) It was a lovely dinner and great to meet such wonderful people from these boards.

Your morning in MK sounds fabulous! Crystal Palace is so much fun!

It sure was and I agree - Crystal Palace was a great place for our last breakfast meal of the trip!

Fabulous afternoon in MK as well! It seems like you got a lot done! I love PhilHarMagic!! LOVE!! I’m kinda sad to see Snow White go! But, I know the new Fantasy land is going to be so fabulous!

Haha yeah we sure did get a lot done! Wanted to soak in as much of the magical atmosphere as possible before having to leave the next day. Philharmagic was my FAVOURITE show at MK!! It's awesome! Yeah I feel the same way and wish I had visited more than once before the changes. Oh well hopefully I can rectify that once the expansion has taken place :goodvibes

Yummy treat!!! I have to try to get one of those one day!! It looks soooooo good!

I definitely recommend getting that yummy treat!!! Just make sure you have someone with you to share the treat! :lmao:

BTW, I'm sorry you didn't get the job! But, I bet your friend is right! Everything happens for a reason! Chin up and all will be good!

Thanks! Although it's hard I need to accept everything happens for a reason and there'll be something better out there with my name on it lol!!

You got lots of great photos in your last update (which I am two days behind in reading).

No worries Mary Ellen - I know you have had a lot on your plate. Thanks for the compliment on the photos! :goodvibes

Isn't it sad when you know you won't be back to a park for awhile? The ice cream cookie was a wonderful way to cheer yourself up. I have still not had one of those. I really need to try one. They look so great.

It sure is sad though I think I felt it the most for MK. I felt that there was so much more I could've still done in this park - on a future visit I want to get park hoppers so I can experience a bit of each park on some days.

Oh you really need to try one the ice cream cookie sandwich though like I said to Melissa I'd recommend sharing it with somebody! :lmao: I can't believe I'm saying that as love my yummy treats and hate sharing them with anyone!!

I, too, am looking forward to all the new rides in fantasyland. I would love something to be opened in June, but I'm not counting on it.

Ooh that would be cool for something to be opened in June though am in agreement that it may be best not to count on it. There are still plenty of other things to do and it just means you'll have something new to look forward to on the trip after ;)

Can't wait to read about AP.

Coming up over the weekend! I need to go and make myself something to eat now as otherwise will starve to death!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter