'Where's your prince' and will this tale end 'happily ever after'? Sept 11 - Complete

TanzUnited99

DIS Veteran
Hi everyone! Welcome to my first ever trip report. For those of you who have followed me over from my PTR (can be found here Our September 2011 Pre-trip Adventure!) thanks for coming over and for any new members thank you for joining. I hope I can keep you all entertained whilst sharing our adventures. There were a lot of oohs and aahs when experiencing things for the first time. I also had a couple of solo adventures which I enjoyed thoroughly but don't want to give too much away.

So who went on this trip. First there was me Tenzeela (better known as Tanz) who is the Disney fanatic and the one who was responsible for the planning of this trip. Those of you who followed the PTR know all too well how long we had to wait for this trip to arrive! I also enjoy my football and am a big Manchester United fan!

498-1.jpg

Favourite Park: Epcot!
Favourite character: Minnie Mouse
Favourite Princess: Belle
Favourite ride: Tower of Terror
Favourite meal: Akershus (for reasons that will become apparent in this TR!)

The other person on this trip was Zaheer - we have been together for 5 years and as mentioned in the PTR he would never have gone to Disney World if it was up to him however he enjoyed it much more than he thought he would.

DSCF0957-1.jpg

Favourite Park: Epcot!
Favourite Character: The Beast followed closely by Stitch
Favourite ride: TSMM
Favourite meal: California Grill

The night before

After catching up on the boards I still had some last minute things to sort through. I kept reminding Zaheer to pack the cameras as didn't want to leave them behind! Zaheer reminded me to ring Pop Century resort and check what plug outlets were used. I was under the impression it would be three switch outlets but found out from mousekeeping that it was two switch outlets. Great! I knew my mum had plug converters and she was coming round later so rang her and asked her to bring them with her. Mum, dad and A (my little sister) came round and we had some tea/coffee. A gave me her list of souveniers she wanted me to get for her - seriously this girl thinks I'm loaded! :laughing: She also reminded me to meet Phineas and Ferb for her. Tracy (Mickey_Mom) had the idea of putting her face on a stick and taking it with me. Although I loved the idea A didn't want to do that.

Once my family left I looked at my French nail polish I had done two days before and wasn't happy with the results.

034.jpg

I decided to give my nails a makeover that were more me and went with the colours of Disney as well as with my love of Manchester United!

037.jpg

Around 12am I tried to get some sleep - was all packed and ready to go! I had even added my DIS badge to my hand luggage - it sure got some funny looks at the airport!

033-2.jpg

I had set my alarm for 4.40am as wanted to straighten my hair before leaving. Will I get up on time after having 4 hours sleep?

Coming next: Do we make it to the airport in time and how much did our luggage weigh?

I'm first!:woohoo:

And now that I've read it...........( I had to be first!:lmao:) I can't wait to see hwo your trip started! Kadence will be reading along as she loves your "funny accent"!

I'm first!:woohoo:

:woohoo: you sure are first!!! :banana:

Can't wait to read the start of your TR this weekend - have seen some updates on f/book and it sure looks like it's going to be an exciting read!

Lol, I have just read your edit and am glad Kadence finds my accent funny! :laughing:

I'm here and I can't wait to hear all about it!
The photo of Zaheer is hilarious!

Yay, I'm here!

Yay, glad you are here!

I'm here!!!!! Yay!!!!

Yay!!!! I'm getting excited for your upcoming trip and seeing how Farrell reacts to everything you have planned! :goodvibes

Yayyyyy!!!!! It's here!!!! I'm so in!!! :cool1:

Yayyy!!! I knew you wouldn't miss this one! ;)

I thought of you whilst visiting Yacht Club - will be coming up later on in the TR! :thumbsup2

So happy you started...hope the jetlag has gotten a bit better!!XOXO:hug:

Thanks sweetie! I am happy as well - still have moments where I think of things happening during our trip and wish I was still back there. Hopefully, writing this will make me feel better.

Think the jet lag is okay but am still getting used to the UK time zone again! :laughing:

I'm here!!!

Yay!!! Glad you are here Shannon! :goodvibes

Yay! So happy you're back, and can't wait to read the rest of your TR :goodvibes

Thanks Shannon! The next update is coming right up.

Hope you guys had a great trip and am looking forward to hearing all about it as well :goodvibes

I'm here and I can't wait to hear all about it!
The photo of Zaheer is hilarious!

Yay!!! Happy you are here Abby - can't wait to share the details with you! :goodvibes
That photo sure is funny, isn't it? :laughing: That's actually a second take - Zaheer didn't like the first one I took so I had to take another one later on in the trip. He was actually pretty good with being silly with the hats and we have some more funny pics coming up later on.

You started your TR!!!:cheer2::woohoo:

Can't wait to follow along!!

Yay, you made it over!!! :cheer2:

Can't wait to share more of the details!

I'm heeeeeerrrrrreeeeeeeee:rotfl2:

popcorn::

:lmao: Yay Jen is here!! I should write it like you have done but am taking the lazy route! :laughing:

Next update coming right up.

So I had set my alarm for 4.40 am (or had I?) and finally fell asleep! Zaheer wakes me up the next morning to ask what time it is - I answer 4.50am and then it sinks in that my alarm didn't go off! Aagh!! :eek: Luckily I was only 10 minutes behind - checked phone and had only set the alarm for 4.40pm the next day - DUH! It's a good job Zaheer woke up as otherwise it may have been a completely different start to our trip!

I got up and started to get ready. I checked the flat windows and made sure everything was in my hand luggage. I marked our last day on our calendar which was very exciting to do!

047-1.jpg

After posting a quick update on facebook my mum arrived to take us to the airport. She had to get up for work anyway so didn't mind dropping us off.

We got dropped off and went straight to weigh our luggage. Moment of truth...we were both 3lbs under the allocated allowance!!! Woohoo!!! :dance3:

We checked in our baggage and went through security. We had not eaten breakfast so were hungry by this time. We stopped at the first coffee place and got a croissant with cappucinnos.

DSCF0354-1.jpg

Later on I saw a Starbucks and was a bit bummed that I didn't notice it earlier! Oh well...at least I know for next time

Went to duty free and then through to boarding. Took some pics of the aeroplanes (inc our own). I then saw a wall that had Mickey and friends on it - of course I had to stop and take a photo.

DSCF0365-1.jpg
DSCF0363-1.jpg

We got on the plane and had window seats with extra legroom. The flight journey was uneventful - went through folder with Zaheer and he was actually impressed with the effort that had gone into it! We took some pics along the way.

DSCF0369-1.jpg
DSCF0370-1.jpg
DSCF0371-1.jpg

We were given breakfast and lunch during our plane journey, which kept us going until our arrival. We landed 5 minutes before the arrival time and I was soo excited to be in Orlando. It probably wasn't the same as landing at MCO but I still took it all in and was looking forward to getting to Pop and seeing which room we would get for the next two weeks.

We got to Pop and Zaheer took the following shots!

011-1.jpg
012-1.jpg
013-1.jpg

Check in was easy (we were the only ones in line), we got our pins and room request! Woohoo!! I put our sign in the window, unpacked and took pics of our room.

Our room number (3358):

014-1.jpg

015-1.jpg
017-1.jpg

I loved the Mickey heads that were on the wall paper in the restroom :laughing:

018-1.jpg

We never got a single mousekeeping towel! On one day this little mouse was moved and I continued with the game but the next time it was put back on the window ledge :sad2:

019-1.jpg

Here are some pics of Pop that were taken later on in the trip.

The first one is the balcony outside our room and the view we saw every morning.

058-1.jpg

DSCF1286-1.jpg

DSCF1285-1.jpg

There will be others during the rest of this TR and how much of the list did I actually manage to get through? For any newcomers I made a list of things I wanted to do during our stay at Pop Century!

Coming next - Silly hats and shopping at DTD!

I'm joining in for the fun! Found your link on another TR which I found from another TR. I love the DIS!

Glad you were able to get the room you requested!!!
You look so happy in that picture of you by the giant Yo-Yo! :thumbsup2
Hope DTD was a lot of fun!

Yikes, good thing you didn't oversleep by much! Setting the alarm for the wrong day sounds like something I would do! :laughing:

Glad you enjoyed your stay at Pop. I liked the resort, too!

I'm here Tanz!

Can't believe you set your alarm for the wrong day :scared1: thank goodness Zaheer woke up on his own!

Great start! Looking forward to more :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter