'Where's your prince' and will this tale end 'happily ever after'? Sept 11 - Complete

Phew! Good thing Zaheer woke you up! :eek: That would have been awful!!!! Yay! You made it to POP!!!!!!:woohoo: Soooo excited to see your first day!!

I was there almost the same dates you were! I am excited to start reading your report!! :banana:

Yay for the leg room on your flight! We had a smaller plane and there wasn't much leg room The lady in front of me kept popping her seat back and forth:mad:

You guys look happy to be on the way and arrived at WDW!

Yay, you've arrived!

I'm glad that you got the room requests that you had and the pins upon arrival. But boo to not getting many mousekeeping towel animals. Honestly, it's always been hit or miss for me when we're there.

Can't wait to hear about your first outing into the "world".

I'm joining in for the fun! Found your link on another TR which I found from another TR. I love the DIS!

:welcome: lol I'm glad you found me even if it was through a TR which you found via another TR! :laughing: I sure love these boards and am soo happy I discovered them before our first trip!

Hope you are enjoying the read so far! :goodvibes

Glad you were able to get the room you requested!!!
You look so happy in that picture of you by the giant Yo-Yo! :thumbsup2
Hope DTD was a lot of fun!

:woohoo: I was soo excited to get our room request! We didn't check in till late so I thought that may affect our chances but it didn't. Think it also helped that we were checked in by a Manchester United fan! :laughing:

Thanks! I was happy to be at Disney World!!! DTD sure was fun - hope to have that update posted tomorrow.

Yikes, good thing you didn't oversleep by much! Setting the alarm for the wrong day sounds like something I would do! :laughing:

Glad you enjoyed your stay at Pop. I liked the resort, too!

Lol, yes after planning every detail I only went and set the alarm for the wrong day! :lmao: It sure was a good thing that Zaheer woke up when he did. Think he had set his own alarm for later and if that had failed my mum would have been ringing to make sure we were ready. However, we would have been running around like headless chickens by then! :rotfl:

It sure is a fun resort - we loved our stay here!

I'm here Tanz!

Can't believe you set your alarm for the wrong day :scared1: thank goodness Zaheer woke up on his own!

Great start! Looking forward to more :thumbsup2

Yay, thanks for joining Michelle!! Glad you are here!

I know, I can't believe I did that either - thank goodness we woke up anyway and can laugh about it now! :laughing: It could have ended up being a totally different story otherwise!

Phew! Good thing Zaheer woke you up! :eek: That would have been awful!!!! Yay! You made it to POP!!!!!!:woohoo: Soooo excited to see your first day!!

Phew indeed!! I'm soo glad Zaheer woke up when he did as otherwise this TR would have started in a completely different way! :laughing:

Yay - we made it and got the room we wanted!!! Hoping to have the rest of the first day and even maybe some of the next day up tomorrow.

I was there almost the same dates you were! I am excited to start reading your report!! :banana:

:welcome: hope you had an amazing trip! Thanks for being excited about reading my report! :goodvibes

If you start a TR let me know - would love to read about the adventures of people that were at the world the same time as us.

Yay for the leg room on your flight! We had a smaller plane and there wasn't much leg room The lady in front of me kept popping her seat back and forth:mad:

You guys look happy to be on the way and arrived at WDW!

The extra leg room sure was great!! Think the person that checked us in was nice to us. Didn't have the same luck on the way back :sad2: Oh no on having the lady in front of you popping her seat back and forth! I had a kid kick my seat on a long haul flight once and his mum just seemed to ignore what he was doing....I wasn't happy after that flight!

We sure were happy to be on our way and excited to start our adventures at WDW! :yay:

Yay, you've arrived!

I'm glad that you got the room requests that you had and the pins upon arrival. But boo to not getting many mousekeeping towel animals. Honestly, it's always been hit or miss for me when we're there.

Can't wait to hear about your first outing into the "world".

Yay, we finally made it!!

I was happy that we got the room request and pins too. Everything was set for us to start our trip. I was not happy about the lack of mousekeeping towel animals but heard from other POP stayers that it was the same for them as well. Think you are right in that it is hit or miss depending on who cleans your room.

First outing will be coming up tomorrow and I may even post a double helping!

Joining in! Can't wait to hear all about it!

:welcome: I can't wait to share all the details of our trip.

I have just caught up on your TR and loving it so far!

That is my worse fear....setting the alarm clock for the wrong time or day! I just stay awake I figure that way I'm safe:lmao:

Great travel day! You look so beautiful and so happy to be on your way! I can't wait to hear morepopcorn::

Looks like you were all the way on the other side of Pop from us...glad you got your requests!

I'm here. I'm just a little slow this weekend! Welcome Back! Can't wait to read all about it!!!!!:cool1:

I swore I posted on the first page, but something went wrong!!! Your report wasn't on my subscribed list. :confused3 I quickly am correcting that by posting now!

Great start. Thank goodness it was only 10 minutes. Sorry about the towel animals... I am hoping you had other pixie dust that made up for it though!

Can't wait to see what you actually crossed off that full list of things to do.

I can't help but ask; could you have taken half of your items out of your suitcase and still had enough clothes?

:flower3: Debby

That is my worse fear....setting the alarm clock for the wrong time or day! I just stay awake I figure that way I'm safe:lmao:

Great travel day! You look so beautiful and so happy to be on your way! I can't wait to hear morepopcorn::

I know, I can't believe I did that! I think you have the right idea of staying awake. I wanted to do that but decided a few hours sleep wouldn't hurt! :laughing: Next time I am definitely checking my alarm 10 times before resting - I normally do that but don't know why I didn't this time round!

Aaw thanks Queen :hug: We sure were very happy to be on our way. More is coming right up - it's taking longer than I thought to get all the pictures uploaded.

Looks like you were all the way on the other side of Pop from us...glad you got your requests!

Aah, that's why we never saw you! :laughing: Thanks, hope you enjoyed your stay at Pop.

I'm here. I'm just a little slow this weekend! Welcome Back! Can't wait to read all about it!!!!!:cool1:

Yay, Mary Ellen you're here!!! Look forward to sharing all the details with you but be warned the photos are no way near as good as the ones you take! :lmao:

I swore I posted on the first page, but something went wrong!!! Your report wasn't on my subscribed list. :confused3 I quickly am correcting that by posting now!

Great start. Thank goodness it was only 10 minutes. Sorry about the towel animals... I am hoping you had other pixie dust that made up for it though!

Can't wait to see what you actually crossed off that full list of things to do.

I can't help but ask; could you have taken half of your items out of your suitcase and still had enough clothes?

:flower3: Debby

No worries Debby, am so happy you are here now! :goodvibes

I know...it could've been a lot worse. Yes, there were lots of other pixie dust moments that made up for not having the towel animals.

Let's just say that was an ambitious list! :rotfl:

Lol, it's funny you ask that because we actually bought more clothes during our trip! However, to answer your question, yes we could have left half the clothes behind and still had enough to get us through our trip!

Joining in! I lurked a bit on your PTR and I think you were reading one of my TRs at one point and I've just seen you around everywhere after. This was your first trip right? This looks like it was a great trip, good thing you only woke up 10 minutes after scheduled. Timing needs to practically impeccable when it comes to Disney. Glad to hear all your room preferences were honored! :thumbsup2

Can't wait to read more! :mickeyjum

Joining in! I lurked a bit on your PTR and I think you were reading one of my TRs at one point and I've just seen you around everywhere after. This was your first trip right? This looks like it was a great trip, good thing you only woke up 10 minutes after scheduled. Timing needs to practically impeccable when it comes to Disney. Glad to hear all your room preferences were honored! :thumbsup2

Can't wait to read more! :mickeyjum

:welcome: and thanks for joining! Yes I was reading one of your TRs that got a little bit abandoned! I have noticed that you are on nearly all of the TRs/PTRs I am following! :laughing:

Yes, this was my first trip and it was definitely great! :thumbsup2 I know, I'm so glad that it was only a 10 minute difference and nothing more - phew! Well talking of timing I have another update coming where time does not play fair with us! Thanks, we were pretty impressed that all our room preferences were honoured.

Have just subbed on your PTR and am hoping to see that one through to the end. Next update coming right up!

So I had left with us just checking in at Pop and finding out where our home would be for the next two weeks. We quickly showered and changed before heading to Everything Pop as we were both very hungry at this point. We got the fish of the day with green beans, cornbread and rice. From what I can remember this was nice but we scoffed it down so quickly that I forgot to take a picture of our first lot of food.

We also had the tie dye cupcake which was very yummy and invested in a refillable mug.

020-1-1.jpg
022-1-1.jpg

We threw away the trash and as we were heading out Zaheer thought he had left his sunglasses behind - note this moment as it is not the last time this takes place! He goes back into Everything Pop but can't find them. We head to the front desk to file a missing report! We then return to the room and lo and behold what do I see the minute we walk into the room - Zaheer's sunglasses! :rolleyes1 He never even took them with him to start with! :laughing:

We rested for a bit and watched our first bit of Stacy - loved seeing her for the first time! We then waited for our first Disney bus for DTD! I loved getting on and hearing the message that was played for the first time but have to admit by the end of the trip I knew that tape recording word to word!! Also I don't get why the buses switch their lights off whilst driving - does anyone know? In the evening it's a bit of a shock when you reach your destination and suddenly have this light glaring in your eyes! :confused3

We got to DTD and stopped to take a couple of photos in the 'Happy holidays' section.

023-1.jpg
025-1.jpg

We then had to get the obligatory shots with Tweedledee and dum.

027-1.jpg
028-1.jpg

We made a quick stop at TrenD before going to World of Disney! I fell in love with this store and spent a lot of time in here. Loved all the different sections and everything that was available to purchase. I only bought an autograph book and pen as knew I would be returning at a later date.

We took some silly hat pictures and then went outside to pose with the princesses!

036-1.jpg
037-1-1.jpg

I didn't realise I was wearing two hats in the above photo! One hat just wasn't enough fun for me!

Meeting the princesses:

042-1.jpg
041-1.jpg

Anyone want a castle?

040-1.jpg
038-1.jpg

I think going to DTD on arrival day is a great way to get some of the Disney magic before heading to the parks the next day. CM at World of Disney was very nice and gave me a Mickey sticker! Watched naughty Stitch spit some water out of his mouth before heading to WPE.

053-1.jpg

We also stopped by the lego store and Goofy's Candy Co.

044-1.jpg
043-1.jpg

Yummy treats...

029-1.jpg

We got the Roasted Seasonal Vegetables Pizza and Cheesecake for dessert at WPE - this was yummy and a good way to end the evening before returning to Pop.

054-1.jpg
055-1.jpg

We got a refill of soda before going back to our room. I walked in and saw the phone message button flashing!! I got all giddy and excited as I knew it would be a special message - it sure was! Only Mickey and Minnie congratulating us on celebrating our anniversary! I was grinning from ear to ear the whole time I was listening to that message! I kept it and listened to it again later on in the trip.

Arrival day low point: Being very tired from having a long day and Zaheer thinking he had lost his sunglasses.

Arrival day highlight: The phone message followed closely by seeing the spitting Stitch at DTD!

Coming next: Our first full day at Disney World!! (will be posting the start of it now!)

So the next day I was wide awake at 4am because of the time difference! I tried to go back to sleep but woke up again at 6am. This time I got up and started to get ready for our first glimpse of Animal Kingdom! Got to Everything Pop and had the French platter toast with orange juice and my much needed morning coffee in the refillable mug. Zaheer also got a turnover as a snack.

060-2.jpg

We thought we left Everything Pop for 7.15am which meant we were on track to watch our first rope drop however when we got on the bus we realised that it was 8am! My watch had stopped and had to reset it! Time really wasn't on our side for the first part of this trip what with setting the wrong time on departure day and now this! Would this become a continuing theme?

We got to AK, went through bag check and the first thing we saw after entering was the Tree of life! Loved this and stopped to take some photos.

061-1.jpg
062-1.jpg
063-1.jpg
067-1.jpg
068-1.jpg

On our way to Africa we bumped into Miss Bunny and Meeko. They did not have a long queue so I jumped in line - loved meeting my first set of characters!

071-1.jpg
072-1.jpg
073-1.jpg

After all the meets we went to Africa to get on our two week safari. Zaheer loved taking the photos of the signs of the countries.

074-1.jpg

Here's a pic of us waiting for our jeep to arrive:

077-1.jpg

We saw a few animals and tried to get some pictures but it was difficult with the jeep moving. Our skipper was okay but as I knew all about the baby elephant the story did not surprise me. Zaheer enjoyed it more as he did not know what to expect.

087-1.jpg
090-1.jpg
093-1.jpg
097-1.jpg
101-1.jpg

Zaheer in the safari jeep and more animal pics:

106-1.jpg
107-1.jpg
113-1.jpg

Surprise!

117-1.jpg

In my PTR I mentioned what I thought would be our favourite attraction at each park. For AK I thought it would be Kilamajaro Safari! Was this correct? I will reveal all after our second AK day!

Love this pic of AK - think it is my favourite!

119-1.jpg

After our safari we did the Pangani Trail. This was okay but we did the Maharajah Jungle Trek later and enjoyed this one a lot more.

128-1.jpg
131-1.jpg

We got a jalapeno pretzel which was yummy and decided to take a rest and people watch for a short period of time. This was fun!

138-1.jpg
139-1.jpg

Have reached my picture limit so next part coming right up!

Headed to Asia and on the way Zaheer saw Terk and wanted to meet him so I took a picture. He went to shake his hand and Terk just grabbed him and gave him a massive hug! This made me laugh out loud and was a great experience!

140-1.jpg

We went on Kali River Rapids and I wanted to get wet. We stayed dry the first time so went on again and boy did we get soaked the second time round! :laughing: The theming of this ride was good however I think we appreciated it more on a later date - you will find out why soon.

144-1.jpg
146-1.jpg

This is when we walked through Maharajah Jungle Trek and loved it! Seeing the bats were awesome however all the tigers were sleeping - they had no intention of waking up!

149-1.jpg
151-1.jpg
152-1.jpg
153-1.jpg

Zaheer wanted a picture with the cycle - he loved this!

156-1.jpg

We came to see when the next show of Flights of Wonder was and got a cookies n cream ice cream sandwich whilst waiting. This was okay and cooled us down but we probably wouldn't get another one.

159-2.jpg

As for the show it was awesome - loved it!

WARNING: IF YOU ARE AFRAID OF BIRDS LOOK AWAY NOW!! (Shannon - Pixiemama, you may want to skip the next bit!)

167-1.jpg
162-1.jpg
165-1.jpg
169-1.jpg

I loved the parrot saying 4 to every maths question and the poor little boy losing out. I didn't even realise that was happening until the lady explained the trick. Was great learning all about the different birds whilst being entertained.

After the show we went into Beastly Bazar, Island Mercantile and Disney Outfitters. I didn't want to spend my Disney money yet so just had a look around. I saw a really nice animal print dress but unfortunately never ended up buying it.

We walked to Discovery Trail and watched ITTBAB - I HATED this show with a passion!!! :eek: It grossed me out big time!!! The bee stings just had me running out of my chair! Zaheer loved it though and wanted to go and watch it again!

177-1.jpg
180-1.jpg
181-1.jpg

On our way to Dinoland we saw Lilo n Stitch! I had to get in the line to meet them! They were a hoot!! Lilo was pulling faces and Stitch stuck his bum out at her! He took my pen and bag with no intention of giving them back to me - said they were his now! Naughty stitch! Zaheer was laughing the whole time! I managed to get my things back and take a nice picture before leaving.

183-1.jpg

After the positive meet we decided to check Camp Minnie-Mickey. However, the lines were too busy so we just took some photos from afar and left.

We went to Dinoland and ate at Restaurantosaurus. We shared a Shrimp po boy which was very nice - the fish was tender and with the mayo it was a really nice taste. We also had some iced water which was much needed! We got the chocolate mousse for dessert. It was good but I only saw a little bit of it as Zaheer ate most of it.

186-1.jpg

After we had eaten we went on Dinosaur. As I knew what was coming I hid behind Zaheer for the 2nd half of the ride - we are on the front row! I wish I hadn't as he said there was nothing scary about this attraction. I wanted to go on it again just so I could prove that I could keep my eyes open however Zaheer mentioned to wait until our next visit. Do I get to go on Dinosaur again and will I keep my eyes open next time? Will reveal all later on in the TR!

189-1.jpg

On our way out of the park we saw Flik and waited to meet him.

192-1.jpg

Zaheer wanted to watch ITTBAB again so in we went. It was a bit better for me 2nd time round but still do not like it.

We waited 10 minutes for a bus. Refilled our mug and returned to our room to find this waiting for us! It was lovely coming home to a different treat every day!

282-1.jpg

I fancied a swim so went to the Bowling pool which was nice and quiet. I did a couple of laps before Zaheer joined me. After relaxing for a bit we returned to our room to get ready for our evening meal.

Coming next: Our first DIS meet and the remainder of our first full day at Disney World!

WOW! You really accomplished a lot and met a lot of characters at AK!

We love the Safari, it our favorite! I did like ITTBAB, but Kadence hates it! I mean she she like jumped in to Johns lap and I think tried to climb inside him:lmao:

Your Po Boy looked yummy, the one at the House of Blues in DTD was excellent as well.

We've not ridden Dinosaur yet, I don't think Kadence is ready:scared1:

Love all you photos, and your animal print shirt is so cute and fit the theme of the day perfectly!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter