• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

'Where's your prince' and will this tale end 'happily ever after'? Sept 11 - Complete

Love the shirt that you are wearing! So appropriate for your AK visit.

Oh no, eyes closed on Dinosaur and you didn't like ITTBAB? That's okay. I have to admit, my least favorite thing at ITTBAB is being stung and there were parts on Dinosaur that I closed my eyes on for years. They tend to be hit or miss attractions.

You definitely got to meet a lot of characters, which is awesome! You guys look like you're having such a good time so far.

What a great day of character meets!! You accomplished a lot on your first day! :thumbsup2 Sounds like you are having a wonderful time so far! Can't wait to hear about your first evening in WDW!

Wow; you got a lot done! You're so nice for going back to ITTBAB for Zaheer :laughing:.

You are an updating machine girl!!:thumbsup2 I can't believe how much you did on your first day and got a swim in too! I'm impressed!! One evening I was having a craving for a Mickey ice cream bar and Jasmine came back to the room with the ice cream sandwich and I didn't finish it...I didn't care for it at all!!

You remind me of Jeff on Dinosaur....wait until you see his picture (oh wait, you probably already have on FB :lmao:) As I was reading I was thinking how your pictures look like ours the years that just Jasmine and I went...one of her, one of me:lmao: What else can you do when it's just the two of you!!

I can't wait to read/hear more about this awesome trip!

Thanks for the warning! :laughing:

Sorry to hear you didn't like ITTBAB! And I'm waiting to see your next update about Dinosaur, wondering what you think of it!

Oh my goodness, you guys got so much accomplished on your first park day!

I love how many characters you ran into! Especially Terk and Meeko.

I agree that ITTBAB isn't fun. I've never enjoyed the show.

And your Dinosaur picture was great! I'm glad to see I'm not the only one who uses someone else as a shield. The second half of it really is overwhelming!

WOW! You really accomplished a lot and met a lot of characters at AK!

We love the Safari, it our favorite! I did like ITTBAB, but Kadence hates it! I mean she she like jumped in to Johns lap and I think tried to climb inside him:lmao:

Your Po Boy looked yummy, the one at the House of Blues in DTD was excellent as well.

We've not ridden Dinosaur yet, I don't think Kadence is ready:scared1:

Love all you photos, and your animal print shirt is so cute and fit the theme of the day perfectly!

I know!!! We were very lucky in that the queues were pretty small and we just walked into everything!! :cool1: Also as it was the beginning of our trip we were nice and fresh and happy to walk around for much longer periods.

The safari was great but I want to do one where I just sit and relax without having to stress about taking pictures. Unfortunately that didn't happen this trip but there's always next time! ;) Tell Kadence I am with her on ITTBAB - I ran a mile as soon as them bees started stinging! Zaheer was just laughing his head off! :lmao: The second time I got up before it even begun.

That Po Boy was very yummy! I didn't realise House of Blues did one as well - that is definitely going on my wishlist.

Yeah, I think if Kadence hates ITTBAB it's probably wise to wait a while before letting her experience Dinosaur. I mean us adults freak out at it though saying that I saw some kids that were putting me to shame! :laughing:

Love the shirt that you are wearing! So appropriate for your AK visit.

Oh no, eyes closed on Dinosaur and you didn't like ITTBAB? That's okay. I have to admit, my least favorite thing at ITTBAB is being stung and there were parts on Dinosaur that I closed my eyes on for years. They tend to be hit or miss attractions.

You definitely got to meet a lot of characters, which is awesome! You guys look like you're having such a good time so far.

Thanks! I have had the shirt for a while and knew it would be a good one to wear at AK.

Lol, yes I was a bit of a wimp on my first day! :lmao: Things can only get better, right? I think the first time on both attractions were the worse as I did not know what to expect. I'm glad to read you closed your eyes on parts of Dinosaur for years - makes me feel a bit better :thumbsup2

Yes, we lucked out with characters on our first day and were having a very good time. Think it's because it was the start of the trip and no tiredness had set in yet.

What a great day of character meets!! You accomplished a lot on your first day! :thumbsup2 Sounds like you are having a wonderful time so far! Can't wait to hear about your first evening in WDW!

Thanks!! We were very lucky with getting to meet all the characters! Of course being on these boards and knowing where to look also helped ;) Yes, the first day at AK was great and the evening was magical! Hope to get that posted in a few days - think I need a break after posting loads today! :laughing:

Wow; you got a lot done! You're so nice for going back to ITTBAB for Zaheer :laughing:.

We were quite surprised with how much we could accomplish during the day - think the low season played a major factor. Our next AK day was on a weekend and lets just say we noticed the difference!

Well, he does things for me later on in the trip so I had to be nice in return! :laughing:

You are an updating machine girl!!:thumbsup2 I can't believe how much you did on your first day and got a swim in too! I'm impressed!! One evening I was having a craving for a Mickey ice cream bar and Jasmine came back to the room with the ice cream sandwich and I didn't finish it...I didn't care for it at all!!

You remind me of Jeff on Dinosaur....wait until you see his picture (oh wait, you probably already have on FB :lmao:) As I was reading I was thinking how your pictures look like ours the years that just Jasmine and I went...one of her, one of me:lmao: What else can you do when it's just the two of you!!

I can't wait to read/hear more about this awesome trip!

Lol, I've been very productive this weekend! Have unpacked, tidied the flat and then done all my catching up on here! Think the jetlag is finally wearing off :thumbsup2 Still have the laundry to get through but will just do that a bit at a time.

I think the fact that we were fresh and very excited to be at Disney World played a major contribution in getting a lot done on our first day! It's not over yet as we have the evening to share later.

The ice cream sandwich did nothing for me - I was a bit disappointed with it if I'm honest and I am soo bummed because we never actually got a Mickey ice cream bar. I wish I had got that when using the snack credit on the sandwich instead. I definitely have to go back even if it is just so I can get to try a Mickey ice cream bar! ;)

Lol, yes it was a similar experience wasn't it? :lmao: I so want to share my next experience of Dinosaur but am going to keep schtum. I keep giving too much away!

When I was going through our pictures I noticed that we had one of me and one of Zaheer in the same spots. Sometimes people would offer to take one of the both of us which was nice but like you said when it's just the two of you what can you do! At least on this trip you had more people with you so could take shots of you and Jas together :thumbsup2

More will be coming up soon but may rest for a few days after the major posting today! :laughing:

Thanks for the warning! :laughing:

Sorry to hear you didn't like ITTBAB! And I'm waiting to see your next update about Dinosaur, wondering what you think of it!

No probs! I thought I would add it in after you mentioning how much you do not like birds! :laughing: The show wasn't too bad but I can see how you would want to avoid it.

It just freaked me out big time!! I may try it again if it gets refurbed but otherwise I am staying well away from this one for a while! I soo want to share my next experience of Dinosaur but have to remain strong and wait until it is the right time! :lmao:

Oh my goodness, you guys got so much accomplished on your first park day!

I love how many characters you ran into! Especially Terk and Meeko.

I agree that ITTBAB isn't fun. I've never enjoyed the show.

And your Dinosaur picture was great! I'm glad to see I'm not the only one who uses someone else as a shield. The second half of it really is overwhelming!

We sure did! When writing what we wanted to get through I didn't think we would be able to do it all. However, the low crowds meant we were lucky and got more or less everything done.

I loved meeting the characters! :thumbsup2 The Terk experience was my favourite of the day just because of the way he hugged Zaheer and took him by surprise! :laughing:

Yay, thanks for letting me know I am not alone in using a shield for the second half of this ride! :lmao: The men in our lives do have a purpose after all! ;)

Great updates! That cupcake looks delicious - I haven't ever had a mickey bar - I figure it is like a Kondike bar. They don't do anything for me, so I just eat desserts at the restaurants instead!

Love your AK outfit! Great character shots too- I love Zaheer with Terk! Fantastic Disney moment!! It sounds like the characters certainly made up for the lack of towel animals.

I am glad you enjoyed Flights of Wonder- it is such an underrated show! I like ITTBAB, but I sit forward to avoid the stungs and move to avoid the crawling bugs. haha. I agree about the bumpy safari- it is nice to just enjoy it and not take pics.

Did you ride Everest?

Yum, you had my favorite AK snack - the jalapeno cheese pretzel!

I love ITTBAB, such a great show! I will admit that I do lean forward in my seat during the 'stinging' part though. ;) Justin is okay on it now, but he hated it until he was about 13 years old.

The scary part of Dinosaur to me is not when they take the picture, it's the big guy at the end that looks like he's going to lean into the vehicle and eat someone :laughing:

The first time I saw ITTBAB I got sooo freaked out by the 'stings' and crawling critters. I love the show, but now when I watch it, I sit really far forward with just the edge of my bum (As you would say!) on the seat.

Hi!!!!
I'm home! And I'm here!! Great start so far!
It was great to meet you last week, I'm so glad you had a good time.

Wow, you guys were very efficient over the first two days...

DTD is definitely a great thing to do at night, especially on a late first day. World of Disney is definitely the best store, so much fun in there. I think it is pretty much a ritual for any person who goes in there to get a random/silly hat picture. Looks like you guys had a lot of fun with that and spitting Stitch (really cools ya off on a hot DTD day). :thumbsup2 to the tie-dyed cupcake and refillable mug!

YAY AK! Such a fun park and it looks like you guys were really enjoying it. Love the character photos! :-) And yeah, it is hard trying to get those photos on Kilimanjaro. I seem to manage to get a lot and rarely get blurry ones, but if you aren't a steady hand then it doesn't work so well :/ I can't wait to find out if that was your favorite (personally, there is a lot more better rides on the horizon) and I must make a note of the Jalapeno pretzels now YUM!

I'm very excited to hear someone else on here ACTUALLY likes to get wet on Kali River Rapids. It's such a fun ride and the whole point is to get. If you go down backwards that first drop, you will be soaked for the rest of the ride, otherwise... your chances aren't all that great.

I'm so glad you got to do the exploration trails. They really are a hidden gem in Disney and most first-timers miss them so I'm glad you ended up in that direction. I've only been on the Maharajah Jungle Trek though, so I must check out Pangani. The Flights of Wonder show looks really cool too ::yes::

Awwww... I can't believe you didn't like ITTBAB. Personally, that is probably my favorite show in Disney (well, after Fantasmic, Wishes and IllumiNations), but it's so much fun for me. I always laugh so hard, though I guess if you aren't a huge fan of bugs then it isn't for you :confused3 But glad to see you tried it again after :-)

Awww... you guys definitely got a good bunch of M&Gs. Lilo & Stitch seemed to have had a lot of energy when you guys were there. Must've sensed you were newbies ;) And that's so great Zaheer ran up to give Terk a hug, so sweet. Those are the things that make these trips so special.

Yeah, DINOSAUR really isn't that scary. The first time I went on it, I just found it noisy, though it was fun, especially with the movements of the jeep. I wish though they would go back to the old movements, since I heard the original ride was much more intense in that aspect. Hopefully you got to see it full-on, because it isn't bad at all.

Can't wait to read more! :mickeyjum

Cute minnie shirt! Cute tiger shirt!

Great room location! Long travel day.

Your dinosaur picture is hysterical, you chicken! :rotfl2:

Zaheer is smiling in all his pictures, so it looks like he is convert!!!!

Fun start to the trip. Looking forward to more!

Yay, I've caught up on this one also :) Your DTD and AK time sounds wonderful. I loved Tren-D too but managed not to spend any money in there. I stayed away from ITTBAB because I knew it would freak me out. I hope my brother doesn't want to see it when we're there!

Hi, Tanz. I don't have time to catch up right now (still in Florida), but wanted to subscribe and I will get caught up when we get home later this week. :goodvibes

Fantastic update, loving all the details and pictures. I haven't gotten to your pre-TR yet, so I didn't know this is your first trip, how awesome! I'll have to go back and read it. I love ITTBAB, and wait in anticipation the whole show for the creepy crawlies! I laugh and scream every time, in glee of course. Unlike Dinosaur, which I also like a lot, I scream in terror every time! Just thinking about how scary that ride is to me is making me laugh :lmao: The timing of the sounds with the story and the lunging dinosaurs!!! Each and every picture from that ride is me with my eyes and mouth wide open screaming. :lmao: So glad you got to see Flights of Wonder, that show is a real gem, that Iguana Joe is so funny! (I think there's also a lady host, but I've never seen her) I also love the bats, they are so cool.

Great updates! I've always skipped ITBAB, and we didn't do dinosoar last time because I knew DD would hate it! :rotfl::rotfl: You're not alone!

Great start! I'm glad you started off at Animal Kingdom. How cool you got to meet Miss Bunny and Meeko as your first characters-those are two that aren't as easy to find so good job!

I LOVE the safari. I don't mind ITTBAB but I do agree about the bee stinging you. The funny thing is once you've done it before and know all the secrets, I usually just lean forward in my seat so I don't feel it. :laughing:

Great updates! That cupcake looks delicious - I haven't ever had a mickey bar - I figure it is like a Kondike bar. They don't do anything for me, so I just eat desserts at the restaurants instead!

Love your AK outfit! Great character shots too- I love Zaheer with Terk! Fantastic Disney moment!! It sounds like the characters certainly made up for the lack of towel animals.

I am glad you enjoyed Flights of Wonder- it is such an underrated show! I like ITTBAB, but I sit forward to avoid the stungs and move to avoid the crawling bugs. haha. I agree about the bumpy safari- it is nice to just enjoy it and not take pics.

Did you ride Everest?

Thanks Debby! The cupcake sure was delicious though there were plenty of other yummy treats eaten later on in the trip. I'm glad to hear that I am not the only one who hasn't had a Mickey bar though I have to admit that I have no idea what a Kondike bar is - will google it as soon as I have posted replies. Mmm the desserts at restaurants sure are good! :thumbsup2

I love that top as well and agree with you in that the character shot of Zaheer with Terk is great! Yes the characters we met as well as other things that happened more than made up for the lack of towel animals. It really wasn't a bit thing but think we would have liked just receiving the one.

We loved the Flights of Wonder show and am very pleased that we gave it a chance - it sure is underrated! I know that tip now - just a pity I didn't use it first time round! If I ever get to go on another safari I am definitely putting the camera away.

Did I ride Everest? You will find out later on in the trip report! :lmao:

Yum, you had my favorite AK snack - the jalapeno cheese pretzel!

I love ITTBAB, such a great show! I will admit that I do lean forward in my seat during the 'stinging' part though. ;) Justin is okay on it now, but he hated it until he was about 13 years old.

The scary part of Dinosaur to me is not when they take the picture, it's the big guy at the end that looks like he's going to lean into the vehicle and eat someone :laughing:

Yay you love that snack as well! :thumbsup2 We both fell in love with this and were so glad it was our first snack credit that we used in the parks. It sure was yummy - could have one just about now! Look forward to a pic of it once you return then as well as of all the F&W festival goodies!

Mmm not sure I feel the same way about ITTBAB! It's okay and I can bear it but that's about it - don't think I will be falling in love with it any time soon! Yes that 'stinging' scene sure is the worst part! :rotfl: I can imagine if I had seen this show when I was younger I would have freaked out! Poor Justin - at least he is okay with it now though.

I kept my eyes closed all through the second part of this ride so have no idea which part you mean! :rolleyes1 :laughing:

The first time I saw ITTBAB I got sooo freaked out by the 'stings' and crawling critters. I love the show, but now when I watch it, I sit really far forward with just the edge of my bum (As you would say!) on the seat.

I'm glad I wasn't the only one freaked out by this show on their first visit! :rotfl: I think it does grow on you as the second time was much better. Lol, I love that you have used the term 'bum'! :lmao:

Hi!!!!
I'm home! And I'm here!! Great start so far!
It was great to meet you last week, I'm so glad you had a good time.

Yay!!!! You're here Wendy!!! :cool1:
I'm happy you got home safely and can't wait to read all about your trip, including the early start (which I didn't know about until I met you!)
I enjoyed our meet as well :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter