Where to go after VMK?

Well, my DeeJay has been off and on VMK for a good while now. And yes, I've taken a good liking to POTCO. But VMK is different. I've met some of you really cool folks from here on the DIS, and otherwise.

I'm keeping my pirate, of course. But, if it's to come to an end (like all good things, as they say), we at the DIS should help things go out with a serious bang.

On the upside, I don't get too many girls running around POTCO telling me I should "be their boi".....

Rob, OMG! After reading your posts on this thread, I literally was laughing so much, I have tears! :lmao: :lmao:

LOL then you should try sims gg. That game teaches you alot about life. How to stay alive by eating, learning basic cooking and fix it skills and some pretty cool dance steps. You dont have to do that vmk robot thing, and gee if you learn to play an instrument your buddy sims think your Elvis. Fun fun fun lol

Well I just tried out Sims. It only took about 1/2 hour to load for me with RR. I happened to run into TeddyBaer so that was cool, don't know how to make a friend, or make money (though I didn't try yet) and not sure how but did get to chat with Samariah (she wasn't in my room so :confused3 ). Hoping it gets better, maybe if I check out the games section. Next week I'll try POTC if my computer can handle both. Guess I shouldn't have been so quick to cancel my gaming computer request, lol.

The thing about vmk, besides the safety net for kids, is that Disney is something we can relate to as real, remember our experiences from past trips in the various rooms, and be fairly confident that the majority of the players are there with good intentions. None of the others can give the real life feeling of a place we're familiar with, at least that I've experienced so far. -sigh-
$10/month is too much for me to pay for a game, even vmk. $10 a year no problem, would sign us all up for vmk, not the others. Heck they've got about a hundred $ worth of webkinz, though i didn't buy a single one. :rotfl:

IDK about Sims - I tried and within the first 5 minutes some girl was asking to kiss me and I am a girl - AH! :scared1: Girls walking around in playboy bunny costumes and showing off way too much skin, dancing in cages - So not my style. I don't think this game was meant for kids or even young teens. While I was there, I did not figure out how to get a place to live, how to make friends, or money - from what I understand you can't make money unless you pay to play.

The thing about vmk, besides the safety net for kids, is that Disney is something we can relate to as real, remember our experiences from past trips in the various rooms, and be fairly confident that the majority of the players are there with good intentions. None of the others can give the real life feeling of a place we're familiar with, at least that I've experienced so far. -sigh-
You're absolutely right, Car; especially the part about "good intentions". I am so used to the innocent focus of VMK.

Although I'm an adult, I don't want spend my time in a place that doesn't really have any control over user content.

I've been searching all over for possible games to play after VMK closes, and have found nothing promising yet. (Granted I'm only looking at the free ones.)

In the meantime, I'm looking into some beta sites (Vivaty, SceneCaster, VastPark and 3Dxplorer) where users can create/customize a virtual environment to share with others. I may try to create a spot for "VMK refugees", with a tribute of some kind to VMK.

Honestly, I think all other games are just wastes of time! VMK was that one of a kind experience, nothing can ever fill that void.

I thought sims was free and the $10 bucks a month just gave you a little bit extra. Am I wrong? what can the free account do? (bc that is the only way I will be able to play it, is free)

LOL then you should try sims gg. That game teaches you alot about life. How to stay alive by eating, learning basic cooking and fix it skills and some pretty cool dance steps. You dont have to do that vmk robot thing, and gee if you learn to play an instrument your buddy sims think your Elvis. Fun fun fun lol

Well ... I did try it! But, hehe Astro being Astro ... Well I am sooooo lost. I can't even figure out how to find civilization! And not to mention ... my Avatar on there.... oh my ~ she looks like a junkie for petes sake! I think I somehow managed to not do that correctly either! :lmao: :rotfl:

I shall have to try it again! The dance steps?! And No vmk robot?! Wow!!

hey guys if you have any ?'s about sims feel free to pm me ill answer anything i can

btw that bunny was probably me >_< rofl

hey all you guys who play sims i just wanted to give you a heads up that in 5 days my mom ( thebestbarbiegirl on vmk HarleyBarbie on sims) and donlee is opening a welcome center on ea-land called Welcome VMK Refugees free and paid players can visit there anytime :) ill post again when it opens

i will be opening a Vmk refugee store :)

how long does it take to download ea world??

just loading it now. can u have free unlimited access i didnt understand the thing about it on the site. i think im marcm on it not picked my avvie name yet

Are these games like Sims as easy to play as vmk? I want something as simple to navigate and that I don't have to babysit all the time if I can't get on the computer for a few days. Any ideas? I was looking at Second Life. Anyone know much about it? It looks like the characters don't have to be fed, etc. like the Sims ones do.

Are these games like Sims as easy to play as vmk? I want something as simple to navigate and that I don't have to babysit all the time if I can't get on the computer for a few days. Any ideas? I was looking at Second Life. Anyone know much about it? It looks like the characters don't have to be fed, etc. like the Sims ones do.

its not to easy at first but once you figure it out or i can help then its so easy

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter