Where do you think DVC resale prices are headed?

Thank you becauseimnew and welcome. We are looking for 75-80 points at AKL September UY as an add-on. Since everything has been shut down, what are the chances that Direct Sales would lower their prices? Is it possible to get a resale under $100 pp for what I'm looking for?

Thank you becauseimnew and welcome. We are looking for 75-80 points at AKL September UY as an add-on. Since everything has been shut down, what are the chances that Direct Sales would lower their prices? Is it possible to get a resale under $100 pp for what I'm looking for?
incentives on sold out resorts are uncommon so I would not expect much on the direct side.

I think with some work and patience 75 to 80 at $100 should be doable, though September can be more challenging than some other months

Lots of us are hoping for some good Direct Sales incentives, my husband wants to go the Direct sale route. I haven't seen any small AKL contracts under $100, sellers are listing all those for closer to $115. We are on the market for a April or October 75pt contract but the only ones I've seen a few months ago were listed at $110 and listing prices have been going up since then.

incentives on sold out resorts are uncommon so I would not expect much on the direct side.

I think with some work and patience 75 to 80 at $100 should be doable, though September can be more challenging than some other months
Is AKL sold out?

I just saw the latest $125/point for $100 point contract at AKV. No large number of banked points or anything. I just feel like this reseller really is trying to inflate the prices and what these are actually worth.

I just saw the latest $125/point for $100 point contract at AKV. No large number of banked points or anything. I just feel like this reseller really is trying to inflate the prices and what these are actually worth.
That's just crazy, I bet that contract will sit there for a long time.

Why is September UY more challenging? I happen to own a September UY.

Depending on the resort, its often the least or one of the least common Use Years, and can be a small percentage of total contracts (again, depending on the property).

September is the least popular UY across all of DVC. It's not the least popular in every resort, but it is always among the bottom 3. So it just means that there are less contracts out there for that UY.

Lots of us are hoping for some good Direct Sales incentives, my husband wants to go the Direct sale route. I haven't seen any small AKL contracts under $100, sellers are listing all those for closer to $115. We are on the market for a April or October 75pt contract but the only ones I've seen a few months ago were listed at $110 and listing prices have been going up since then.

I am a firm believer in small contracts often being worth the direct price. Especially now that there are new resorts coming into play with new rules for access.

My personal threshold is $50 per point. If it's not at least $50 pp less, I'm not at all interested.

Last edited:
The two contracts we have were direct purchases, however, the direct cost now is more than we want to spend so we are looking towards resale for second add-on. Currently AKL direct is $186 pp and on resale I've seen it as low as $105. We can get 25 points more going resale than direct.

So what happens if I buy a small contract for AKL direct to add onto my 220pt resale contract? Am I only allowed to use the direct points for new resorts? (Riviera, reflections)

So what happens if I buy a small contract for AKL direct to add onto my 220pt resale contract? Am I only allowed to use the direct points for new resorts? (Riviera, reflections)
Yes, only your direct points can be used at new resorts, but all points can be used at AKL at 11 months and at all of the 14 original resorts at 7 months.

I've expressed this thought several times (not so eloquently LOL) in the past month or two. For the most part, contracts that have a more normal pattern of usage over 19/20/21 seem to be owned by regular people not super owners. Also note that these stripped contracts get stale, seem to disappear after being reduced in price and then reappear as "new" for a few dollars less.

There is no way to confirm this observation, but I totally agree with you. I've been involved in DVC since 1996 and watch the market daily. It makes the market IMO appear more active and valuable than it may actually be. It is like a needle in a haystack trying to pick out any fair deals on some websites. I have been trying to buy an AKL contract for over a month without luck in negotiation. It is pretty much a couple dollars off take it or leave it. I bid on one contract and was immediately told it was now a bidding war with a short time limit for high offers. That contract is still available as of this morning! I am stalking websites daily, but will continue to walk if I can not negotiate a fair market offer or am pushed into a "bidding war".
Yep one of my rules is :We have a few offers that are very competitive,What is your best offer"? That's my que to walk away.

I wonder if a factor of that has to do with the fact that many people (though not all) buy SSR for sleep around points, but people who buy AKL generally do so because they want to own at that resort. The emotional factor could play a part.
I think it's a combination of that and people who rent out points holding a lot of "cheaper" resorts like SSR. Your average owner that likes their home resort probably hasn't needed to sell yet (thankfully) so they're holding on.

I am a firm believer in small contracts often being worth the direct price. Especially now that there are new resorts coming into play with new rules for access.

My personal threshold is $50 per point. If it's not at least $50 pp less, I'm not at all interested.
100 points is the minimum though right? I know that's on the smaller end of what people buy but you're still talking about a 5k delta. I dunno, seems like a lot of money for relatively small differences.

I wonder if a factor of that has to do with the fact that many people (though not all) buy SSR for sleep around points, but people who buy AKL generally do so because they want to own at that resort. The emotional factor could play a part.
This makes sense. I think if AKL was next to a park (walking distance) the price of a contract there would be sky high. It really is a beautiful resort and the dining is amazing. Our stay at AKL was pretty much the best decision I ever made since it was definitely the one that made DH love Disney. You just can't beat a glass of wine in the evening with that view. Even the standard and value rooms can have great views.

I have loved every Disney resort I've stayed at though, from POP to Beach Club. But there really is something to the memories of your kids seeing giraffes in the evening and the heavily themed play areas.

Side note: I think I just talked myself out of buying the other resorts I was considering and into AKL :rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter