Where do you dream of going besides Disney?

DSNY4ever

I am going to keep hunting
Although I mostly dream of Disney vacations, I too dream of other places! So, inspired by the question on the podcast, what is your other favorite vacation spot or where do you dream of going? Let's give each other some new vacation ideas!

Some of our favorite vacation destinations: Monterey, Yosemite, Cabo, London, the French Riviera, all of Germany (this is where my husband's family lives so we have been all over).

Places we dream of visiting: Alaska, New York (especially at Christmas time), a trip to Ireland/Wales/Scotland, Australia.

Where do you go?

Other than Disney?? :scared1:

I have several "dream" vacations that I would like to take:
1. China! (most important because when we get to go to China, we get our DD! won't happen for awhile yet, but it's still #1 on my list!)
2. NYC
3. England
4. Ireland
5. Italy
6. Australia

eh, Italy is nice and all, but if you want Christmas that you'll never forget, try Zermatt, CH (Switzerland)... in the morning you take the lift to the top of the alps, ski down the Italian side for lunch, head back up and be back in Zermatt by dinner... drinks at the bar in Monte Rosa (the bartender there knows everyone, by name, and speaks a dozen languages, and she will remember you by name and language years later). Dinner by the big fire place, a slay ride to the Schweizerhof for a soak in the hot tub after dinner.

That is a very good day.

Here are some of the places (other than Disney) that I have visited:
Australia, Italy, Mauritius, safari in Africa, New York, Las Vegas, San Diego, Los Angeles, Bahamas, Dubai, Jamaica, Spain, Hong Kong, Mexico.

My list of places that I want to visit is:
Alaska, China, New Zealand, South Africa, Thailand, Sri Lanka, Eygpt, a disney cruise, Canada....the list is endless! :goodvibes

I actually came up with that question!

I dont know how or why but I was so curious where they went for vacation as they live in the place where alot of us go to vacation.. :cool1:

My favorite destinations so far: Key West, St Thomas, St John, Grand Cayman and Roatan.. and of course Florida in general..

Places we'd love to visit: Castaway Cay (we will get our chance on the Podcast cruise :banana: ), Hawaii, Alaska, New York (we are going in July), Las Vegas, and Europe..

Disney is my primary vacation spot now, but I also go to Las Vegas about every year or every other year. I love Vegas.

I don't have much desire to travel out of the country, it just sounds like sooooooooooo much hassle and I'm not big on really long plane rides. 4-6 hours is about my limit. Places I would love to see are Carmel in California and to drive along the coast in California...it just looks amazing...I'd also love to see Key West and Washington DC when the cherry blossom trees are in bloom, and also to do the Smithsonian, ect...one of the trips I really want to do is a train trip. I've been thinking of it for a long time, you can get a train in Chicago that takes you I think to Wyoming? Seattle? I would love to do that. I'd love to ride the rails across the country.

I'll add a ride on the trans canadian railway to the list. And in all my travels I have never been to Vegas. though I have been to Reno a few times.

I would love to drive cross country and tour the National Parks. Like many of you, Alaska! I want to do a safari. Ireland. I've seen small portions of Spain, Italy and Portugal and want to go back to all three. All the other Disney parks.

The place I dream of the most (aside from Disney of course) is Asheville, NC. Although I love my life long home of Florida, I constantly crave the cool and crisp mountain air!

We just don't get scenes like this in Florida...
2176448005_d0f8f7a092.jpg

Biltmore Estate, Asheville - Cdavis

The Northeast during the fall. I'm a teacher so I'll have to wait until retirement for that trip!! ;) Also, just about anywhere tropical. I am SO ready for the warm, sunny weather!!

Ride a zip line .... somewhere?? Of course with my back..I probably wouldn't be able to walk when I'm done:rotfl2:

Scotland/Ireland

Alaska (thinking about this for our 25th wedding anni)

Some romantic island with DH:love:

Kimba

My dream vacation is 2 weeks exploring Australia.

DH wants to go on an Alaskan Cruise.

In the near future we'd like to do a Disney Cruise (after seeing the DCL special on travel channel, we have to do 7 days..3 or 4 won't be enough!) and we'll go to Vegas eventually.

I'd also love to go to Hawaii and Ireland.

I dream of going to Rome and Athens to see the ancient ruins.

I really dream of Tahiti and having the money to live there in a little cabin...like the guy in the CDW commercials.

Ah well...that's why they call em dreams. :rolleyes:

Disney is, and probably always will be out #1 choice due to the amount of activities, as well as costs. However, I do hope one day to see:

1. Yellowstone
2. Glacier National Park
3. Ireland
4. Italy\Rome
5. Israel

Those are probably the big one's for me.

I was fortunate enough to spend 5 weeks in Europe as a teenager and have always wanted to go back. In addition, I would love to see Australia, New Zealand, and the South Pacific Islands...we've talked about doing this for our 25th Anniversary!

I dream of going to europe and visiting all the WWII sites in France, England and Germany.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter