• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Where do you dream of going besides Disney?

In our house, we have sworn, when the boys are just about to graduate high school we will take a trip through Europe and into the cradle of Western Civilization, Greece and Rome. But more importantly Greece!:goodvibes

I just want them to see these places before they go off to University so when they see them in a book, they have a point of reference in their mind. Seeing Michaelangelo's Sistine Chapel in a Humanities text book, is quite a different experience than looking UP!

I guess that's the mom in me showing, but I am also a student of history and stepping into Thermopolae and Athens, Rome and Venice Paris and Barcelona seems like such a vast experience!

Ireland & Greece (the lands of my ancestors) :lovestruc :flower3:
and England (where my DH is from).:cool1: :thumbsup2

ALSO.... San Fransisco, NYC, and Hollywood/L.A./Disneyland!
AND...Back to D.C. I have been there 3 times and I absolutely LOVE it there!

France & Alaska are my top two. I would love to be able to spend some real time (3-4 weeks) at both places.

Places I have been already:
Florida, of course
California
Yellowstone/Wyoming
Las Vegas

Places I would most like to go:
Egypt - Nile cruise would be awesome
Greece/Crete
Scotland
Hawaii
Cruise on the Mississippi to visit the grand old plantations and Civil War historical sites

Cool! I have loved reading all of the amazing places that you guys have been to, and the dream lists made me remember some that I need to add to my list! Congrats Scarlett873 on your soon to happen adoption, that is so exciting! And amyhughes, that is a great idea to do a trip like that before college- My MIL is trying to get all of the "kids" to go on a big trip to Italy with her next year because it was always her dream to do a trip to Italy with her kids, but none of us can afford it and we have all just bought houses and are having kids and getting settled in jobs etc.- so do it while you still can!

Would love to go to Greece and see where my mothers and grandfather grew up.

Second would be Paris or London

Third Hawaii (Maui) I hear it is sooo pretty.

#1 Trip Corolla w/ tennis team and paid chef in about 3 weeks!

#1 Dream Podsquad Cruise, my bday May 09
#2 Dream Disney, end of May '08 w/ PPP night
#3 Dream Disney, end of summer w/ free dining plan (w/o hurricane)
#4 Dream Disney Christmas trip (to include a house stay w/ freinds and going to BG and all around Orlando to scope out retirement homes and to go to Gatorland, Everglades, Seaworld, Universal, as well as WDW...ah me!!!!
#5 Dream Disneyland

My holidays couldnt be further apart from each other, WDW all action, planning 2 years out and all that comes with it. Comming home happy but needing another holiday to get over it.

Then the flip side is our holidays in Abersoch, north Wales, UK, this is a relaxing none planned holiday, last year I managed 4 weeks this year we are having a 3 week holiday....I cant wait, take a look www.abersoch.co.uk

Ahhhh, dreams. We've been to London, Paris, Mexico, Aruba, St. John, Martinique, Antiqua, and many places here in the states. My list of places I want to visit are:
1. Peru
2. Ethiopia
3. South Arica
4. Italy
5. Ireland
6. Just keep adding on :rotfl:

Disney is, and probably always will be out #1 choice due to the amount of activities, as well as costs. However, I do hope one day to see:

1. Yellowstone
2. Glacier National Park
3. Ireland
4. Italy\Rome
5. Israel

Those are probably the big one's for me.

If you (or any other Dis'ers) ever get that trip to Glacier National Park planned, gimmee a shout-out, and I will give you the grand tour. Glacier is literally about 30 minutes from my doorstep. :)

186681714sZyIEz_fs-1.jpg

1306921989_6ed8cb8acc_b.jpg

182375233gmgCml_fs.jpg

lake04.jpg

The top of my list is to Bike Tuscany and I am doing that next month.

The other trips I want to take are:

Bike through Norway and then kayak the fjords.
South Africa in 2010 for the World Cup.
Bike Provance.
Spend a week on the south island of New Zealand.

Is it bad i laugh when people put down Europe? I mean its a continent! Its like someone from England saying they want to go to Asia, where abouts? You can't just do it in 2 weeks y'a know!

I did a tour of part of the west coast of America last summer, and i'd love to do the east coast and see some real small town America.

I would also like to go to Japan, i just find their culture really interesting, although i am not staying in those tinny capsule things, im claustrophobic!

I would also like to go to Ireland (I've never been) and do some more fo Wales, there are lots of Castles to explore yet!!

I would like to go do a bike tour round the south of France or Italy too.

ohh Hawaii too, cause people told me when we went to Yosemite that it was a must do!

hmm, i probably have more somewhere...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter