When Do You First Put Your Magic Band On?

Our first objective when arriving at MCO is getting the rental car and making a stop for groceries/booze to stock our room. The MB are usually added just prior to rolling on to property for the first time.

We drive and I have mine in my backpack and put it on as soon as we park on Disney property. Then I leave it on the entire trip until the get back in the car to leave.

We put these on shortly after exiting the Secure Zone at MCO, BEFORE we get onto ME.
Only reason? We have no idea how typical TSA Security would react to a MB....

I was planning on having the kids (10&9) wear them to the airport. Has anyone had trouble wearing magic bands through airport security?? That thought didn't even occur to me before now.

I was planning on having the kids (10&9) wear them to the airport. Has anyone had trouble wearing magic bands through airport security?? That thought didn't even occur to me before now.

We always put ours in the bin with cell phones, change, etc. Don't know if it's needed, but it's just what we always do.

Normally, we break them out as soon as the pilot starts final descent. It's amazing to watch the change that comes over the kids' faces. They're already on the verge of being amped up, but the early morning flights tend to throw them off their game. As soon as the Magic Bands come out, they all but start vibrating.

I usually put mine on when I'm leaving my house and heading to the airport.

However, I will admit that when my new one came in the mail yesterday (21 days to departure), I put it on and I'm still wearing it now. I'll probably take it off and put it back in the box later today, but you never know...

I put mine on while waiting for luggage in the Orlando airport (yes, I pick up my own luggage instead of having Disney pick it up). :)

We usually take an un-Godly early flight on our arrival day, usually functioning on about 2-4 hours of sleep, so for me, part of the fun is putting the MB on before bed at home and sleeping in it...it's a great thing to make you smile when the alarm goes off at 3:45 A.M.

Hubby and I usually before we headed to the airport but this year I bought myself a magic keeper and will hook it to a lanyard I'm use to wearing one so it is easier for me. My ds will be fighting to get his on as soon as it arrives and he will regularly wear an old one, we created a mini fanatic. :rotfl2:

Do you put it on before you even leave home? After you arrive at your home airport? Once you arrive at MCO?

I usually put mine on at the departure gate of my home airport but DH won't put his one until we arrive in Orlando.

When I leave for my first park in the morning! It's not 'that' comfortable to wear when I don't need it! LOL

Wow, read some of the replies after I had posted and surprised that most people put them on way before they're needed!

Last edited:
Before I leave the house. My husband gets frustrated because I order them for every trip, but I love them. I have some in my car, usually in my purse, and all over!

We usually put them on as we descend into MCO. I don't wear mine at all on departure day or once we get home but I do keep trying to use if to pay for things like gas and groceries for a few weeks anywayo_O

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter