When Do You First Put Your Magic Band On?

Before leaving for the airport! The rest of the family does the same or puts it on right before landing :)

International travellers here so we don't put ours on until arrival.

I'm ok with picking them up at the resort. One less thing to remember packing and stressing about. Leaving the house on departure day is always somewhat chaotic.

If you do not have time before you leave, they have them in the stores at WDW with all of the MBs and accessories.

I took mine and put them on retractable clip that I glued flowers on. Then I pinned them to my shirt like a broach.

I do the same thing - Magic keepers on a retractable keychain. And I know I've read of many others here on the boards that do a small well. That being said, what's the over/under on how long it will take Disney to cash in on this idea? ;)

I have them all in my carry on and we put them on right after we deplane at MCO. afraid the kids might lose them on the plane.

If we're taking DME we put them on right before getting in line. If we drive we put them on when we get to the hotel.

I put it on as soon as I get mine from the front desk! And don't take it off until we get home.
+1

On the last trip we went to DLR in the middle and didn't take them off there. Some confused CMs at times!

I handed them out mid plane ride as a surprise because I bought the fancy ones. I hope we didn't disturb the other passengers too much when my little one yelled FIG UH MENT!

I live about 90 min from Disney, so I put mine on before I leave the house when we go on a trip.
I also may or may not have one in in the glove compartment of my car at all times. . .you can never be too prepared for a spontaneous visit.

Same here....live about 90 minutes away and have a set in my glove box! I'm always prepared!

When we are approaching MCO on the plane. We fly from Philadelphia going along the coast so after the plane makes the right turn around Daytona / Cape Canaveral I get them out for us . If they ever use another course / approach path it will be after we land taxing to the gate. ;)

We drive.

I don't know. I think really changes every time we go.

I think they go on sometime in Florida. Maybe at our last bathroom/gas stop.

We take them off as we drive off.

Do you put it on before you even leave home? After you arrive at your home airport? Once you arrive at MCO?

I usually put mine on at the departure gate of my home airport but DH won't put his one until we arrive in Orlando.
I put it on either once we're off the plane at MCO, or right before checking in to ME.

Before I leave for the airport.
I kept it in my carry on the first time and felt like I needed to check for it every so often.
After that I started putting it on before I leave home so that I don't have to keep thinking OMG is it actually in my bag or did I leave it on the kitchen table lol.

THIS IS ME TOO! I like to put it on right before I leave home. I like to have it on so I don't have to constantly be checking and rechecking to see if I have it. But then I have also put it in my carryon when I am packing since I start packing a week or so before the trip as I want to make sure that I do not forget it during the frantic morning of departure.

We drive from NJ and ceremoniously put ours on at the Florida Welcome Center.
Great idea!

we drive, I wear mine as soon as I wake up on departure day!

Before I leave for the airport. This year we have an early flight and I have to work the day before we leave so I'll be putting it on before leaving for work the day before our flight. If I didn't, I'd go crazy checking and double checking that I did indeed have it with me. I fully anticipate being completely useless that day at work anyway so I'll spend the day gazing longingly at my MB

Again, this is me. I am worried that I will leave it behind if I wait until departure day no matter if I fly or drive so for me it is best when I put it in my luggage or my purse and then put it on when I have actually started my trip.

Since we drive, I put mine on as soon as we cross the state line into Fla. I don't care how big of an eye roll DH gives me, it's makes me grin like the Cheshire Cat when I put it on :ccat:
I love this. Since this sounds so much like me and my hubby.

On the faux monorail at MCO, sometimes when the pilot announces the approach to MCO.

This year I have an offsite stay with family before I switch to Disney so I'll probably put it on when I drop the folks off at the airport.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter