What Popular WDW Thing Just Doesn't Do It For You?

Didn't care for animal kingdom. The nemo and lion king shows were great, but thats where it ended for us. seems like such a huge place with nothing really there. maybe if my DS met more of the height limits, it would have been better, but when you have small kids, not much to do. May skip it all together in May, or just go for the shows one day.

Oh, have to add... we are trying to currently plan a trip with family, 14 of us all together. All people are worried about is wanting it hot for swimming. To me, I just don't understand it because to go to Disney, is to GO TO DISNEY, not swim in pools the whole time. So pools are another thing that are there as a bonus, but I could do without.

Oh, have to add... we are trying to currently plan a trip with family, 14 of us all together. All people are worried about is wanting it hot for swimming. To me, I just don't understand it because to go to Disney, is to GO TO DISNEY, not swim in pools the whole time. So pools are another thing that are there as a bonus, but I could do without.
yeah- but what about the waterparks?!! and you have to think.. down time at the hotel is much needed at times especially when theres a big group going.. hotel pools are an easy place to let kids play.. while adults relax!

I just thought of another one.. The adventures of winnie the pooh ride.. when DH and I rode this.. we were like WTheck is going on.. he said it was too psychedelic for him... it was just weird.. I love WTP but didn't like that at all!

There are rides and attractions that I don't do every trip but the one thing I have done once, then watched it again, and it just doesn't do anything for me is Illuminations. I don't know why but I have never enjoyed it. Plus I have never gone to the waterparks, we do go to the pool a couple of times during our trip but not the waterpark. The reasoning is we have a nice waterpark here in town the I use to always go to and we have visited the waterpark at the beach a few times so when I am at disney that is not high on my list of things to do, even though I am sure I would enjoy it if I ever went. :flower3:

We have not seen an afternoon parade in eleven previous WDW trips. I really can't recall ever being in a WDW park at 3:00pm as we are always back at our resort. So that also cuts out touring the parks "commando" style for us.

Both DBF and I can't stand Dole Whips!!

I couldn't wait to get back and have another Dole Whip Float. Well, what a disappointment!! The juice was warm and absolutely wrecked the taste of the float. It was wonderful the first time but horrible this trip. Maybe you just had a fluke one like I did!!!!

We have not seen an afternoon parade in eleven previous WDW trips. I really can't recall ever being in a WDW park at 3:00pm as we are always back at our resort. So that also cuts out touring the parks "commando" style for us.

Ohh. I want to add that to my list...
Commando style touring. It just doesn't seem like much fun to me. We took WDW trips with extended family when I was young. My family toured in a laid back style. My aunt/uncle/cousins did commando style. Every meal and every ride planned out. My cousins make comments about how awful it was...haha.

I feel like a great weight has been lifted off of my shoulders!

Others don't like/get pins! :worship:

Others don't like/get parades?! :faint:

Others don't like/get fireworks?!?! :love:

Others don't like/get autographs?!?!?!?! :hyper2:

Further, I was done with Hanna Montana before I even started. And it figures that no matter WHEN I seem to enter DHS, that dang HSM float is right there to greet me :crazy2:

Dare I agree with a PP--I am also befuddled about little girls in all the princess gowns, make up, heels, etc :confused3 . I love to see the little girls being little girls! (though I caved and bought my 3yr old a Belle dress at half price at TJ Maxx--but that's it!)

Disclaimer on the Fireworks: I like them from a distance, so I enjoyed watching them from our Bonnet Creek suite balcony. It's a noise thing for me, and my toddlers aren't into them at all *yet*

Disclaimer on the Parades
: If I happen to be in the right place at the right time for a parade, I'll check it out. I am just not one to tape off a section of side walk an hour before one starts ;)

One more!

Photopass. Tried it. Very disappointing.

I think I have become spoiled with our Nikon and just prefer (and enjoy) taking my own pics. I am not an expert in the field of photography, but I seem to get the shots I want plus the quality I want.

The Photopass details which you can add to pics can be cute, but (obviously imo), not worth it. I do a lot of my own matting and framing and have become a stickler with my own way of doing it, cute little Tinkerbelles in the corner or not ;)

Oh....another one....the cheesy photos the photopass people take. You know, the ones where they add in Tinkerbell and other Disney characters. Those are just a little too cheesy for me.

I can't remember if I said it earlier or not...but I don't like the dining plan either.

Wow! What an interesting discussion on a site full of Disney fans. Put all your dislikes together and I wonder why you would ever go to WDW at all.

I am not a frequent visitor to the parks. Before a week in early December, previous trips were two years ago and thirty-three years ago. I enjoyed just about everything.

For me, it's the Epcot festivals- Food & Wine festival or the Flower & Garden Festival. Been to both during the last few years (F&W fest 2x).
I can see why with the wine fest- since I'm not big into wine, but I am EXTREMELEY pickey when it comes to food.

The F&G festival is nice, and I even ocassionaly will plant flowers at home (of course under the direction of DW), but neither one is a draw for me.

As for WDW attractions- it's the bird exhibit at AK and Indy Speedway at MK.....they ought to scrap that ride and put something new and exciting in it's place- this is a ride you can go on at any local theme park.

For me the list of what really don't float my boat at WDW is.

Parades.(can't stand being packed elbow to elbow in 95 degree heat next to someone who forgot their deodorant)

Honey I shrunk the audience. (The endless wait to get in the theatre with the 20 min. Kodak commercial.)

Kali River Rapids(I was waiting for it to do so much more, and didn't)

Kilimanjaro Safaris( I know I'm a minority here but did nothing for me. And yes, I do like animals).

50's Prime Time Diner. The atmospher was fun but the meatloaf and the pot roast left me wondering why do people get excited about this place?)

Parades are something I cannot get into. SPectromagic is a must-see, but I do not care for the rest of them. Too many rude people and for me, it is not worth the hassle.

Honestly, I'm not that big into Animal Kingdom. We always go when I'm with my family, but we go for maybe half a day, then go back to the resort and take and nap, swim, and then go back to Epcot or Magic Kingdom that night. It just isn't our thing really.
And, I care for the pins, and I like them. But, they are so expensive I just don't waste my time.

Tomorrowland Indy Speedway doesn't fit into the Magic Kingdom in any way, takes up too much space, and creates exhaust fumes and noise - it only takes away from the Tomorrowland experience - ironically Tomorrowland is our favourite part of Magic Kingdom. Move it over to Wide World of Sports - they have nothing there except vacant land. And while you're at it, move the Richard Petty Speedway there too. It always strikes me as weird that there is a rusty chain link fence enclosure in the middle of the parking lot - the first thing you see as you're on your way to the park. Why the heck did they put it there? It makes no sense. :confused3

And the pin thing? Why would I spend time and money picking out a pin just to trade it away? I just don't get it. :rolleyes1

Pin trading, great way for people (especially kids) to strike up a conversation with someone! Also, great way for Disney to make moey, selling all these pins!

Kali Rivers...I just kept waiting for something exciting to happen, and waiting and waiting.

COP -- I know, I know, I'm one of not many. But my friend and I were looking for a way to claw our way out of that attraction. WE WERE TRAPPED!!!!!!!

Pin trading -- OK, I do buy pins, but for crying out loud, if I pay for a pin, I sure don't wanna give it to someone else!!!! I bought it because I liked it.

Movie ride -- Overhaul time. I mean, when I can spot cobwebs on Gene Kelly, we have problems.

Swiss Family Tree House -- I climbed up 80 flights of stairs for THIS?

Tiki Lounge -- I was counting the minutes .....

Muppets -- I mean, I grew up loving the Muppets and still do, but I have seen the same show OVER and OVER and OVER again. I can quote it.

World of Disney -- Yes, I love shopping and getting lost in a store.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter