What Popular WDW Thing Just Doesn't Do It For You?

SydneyFalco

Wish it was not this year, but yesteryear
I was talking recently with a fellow Disney traveler, and when I confessed that I took my time in the parks, and didn't always stay for the full day, she was aghast. Then she told me about collecting pins, and also raved about the fireworks. I told her I didn't "get" the pins and that I didn't like fireworks (or parades).

(The fireworks thing really gets on my wife's nerves. She LOVES them. I'd rather go back to the hotel for a late swim.)

What little aspect of the Worlds can you just not "get into", for whatever reason?

I don't get the pins either. I love love love the fireworks! The parades if I happen to catch one - great - if not then I don't worry about it. But, yeah, its the pins for me too. I just don't get spending that kind of money then trading, why not just buy the one you want in the first place? :confused3

I have to admit--I feel like quite the freak about the fireworks thing. Every Disney visit and every Canada Day (that's just regular July the 1st for you Yanks and Brits) I'm like the deaf guy at the concert.

I don't care for the parades very much but I did enjoy the one in Epcot in 2000. Don't remember what it was called but they were big gold wheels that turned and had several drums in them being played by a person at each end.

I've never got the pin thing either.

We don't get in the pin trades either and we are not people that stay in the parks all day long, too much of a good thing can get old and tiring. we enjoy the resort, enjoy returning and relaxing around the pool. The past few trips we have been going back for a few afternoon parades but after you seen them a few times...................rather skip them. Photopass is another item we could do without, we take our own pictures and after 41 trips, have just about snapped everything in sight.

OK, I'll say it..... I don't care for Magic Kingdom. We go there once every time we're at WDW but I think it's out of guilt more then anything else.

There, I said it. I feel better now;)

Parades! I have only seen Spectromagic. During all other parades we take advantage of shorter lines for our favorite rides. I do keep track of parade times and route so we don't get 'trapped off'.

I don't like the Snow White ride, to me, it seems like a bunch of cardboard cutout figures and not much else :confused3 I think it needs updating or changing.

But, I LOVE Winnie the pooh ride :lmao:

bouncy,bouncy,bouncy...fun,fun,fun,fun,fun :dance3:

We left AK in the early afternoon to return to MGM (or so it was called then) to see "Indiana Jones," which we had been told was a "not to be missed" event. We were so disappointed! Also, the Rockin' Roller Coaster didn't live up to its hype. We are returning to WDW in Feb 09, and will not return to that theme park.

I don't get Hollywood Studios...didn't get it when it was MGM either:)

I'm very luke warm on it myself. But I have not been on Tower Of Terror or the roller coaster, and I hear those are the highlights. The Great Movie Ride is soooo lifeless. I wouldn't mind it getting a massive overhaul.

OK, I'll say it..... I don't care for Magic Kingdom. We go there once every time we're at WDW but I think it's out of guilt more then anything else.

There, I said it. I feel better now;)

Good for you, never be afraid to express yourself ... strange, strange person. Is it the whole park, the feel, or what?

I'm no fan of "it's a small world" and I really loathe the people who are rude enough to book their trips for when I plan to be there. :mad:

My DH hates the parade and fireworks...so I guess there are a bunch of ya there. For me...It is the Lights Motor Action car stunt show. I get board after a few minutes and am ready to leave. And climbing up all those stands in 90+ degree heat when your already beat down tired...:scared:

I am not a big fan of Test Track and have never cared for the Spectromagic parade at MK. I agree with the poster above that loved the Millenium parade at Epcot.

My DH hates the parade and fireworks...so I guess there are a bunch of ya there. For me...It is the Lights Motor Action car stunt show. I get board after a few minutes and am ready to leave. And climbing up all those stands in 90+ degree heat when your already beat down tired...:scared:

I totally agree with you. I walked in there fine and left with a massive headache. Too much to look at at once and my kids hated it....Not for me!:yay:

I'm really not into the parades. Its more about the crowds than the parades themselves. Also disliked Fantasmic when my friends dragged me to it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter