What Popular WDW Thing Just Doesn't Do It For You?

Realizing these are resort oriented vs theme park oriented, I still feel they apply...

The Poly and the Contemporary. Both are "Meh?" :confused3 to me. :rotfl:

I also can't get into the value resorts... just not my style.

I have never been into pin trading, only pin collecting.

I don't understand parades... any of them including non-Disney ones. They bore me, I'd rather be doing something else.

Ew.... Space Mountain is an awful ride for me. It's lame and it's obvious that it's OOOOLLLLLLLDDDDDDDD as dirt and need some upgrading- that's why I dislike it.

Why anyone spends so much time at the resort. I am not going to pay all this money go to swim in a pool or to lay around my resort. I'm paying to enjoy the parks. But I guess that's why I never go to Hawaii... or Aruba... or whereever really, I couldn't stand just lying around, I can relax at home for free.

Have you done Space Mountain at Disneyland before?

I don't really "get" the love for the busses... I ride public transportation every day to work and I find the disney busses much more uncomfortable, stressful and ackward than the regular busses.

I didn't mind using them this time when we stayed deluxe... but I would never use them at a value resort or mod unless we had too... Have you seen those lines? It's just always ackward too... the strollers... the sleeping children, the old people... the criers, the whiners, the fighters.... I find it much more peaceful just to drive... and I don't think the traffic on property is ever that bad.

I am so not a parade person. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy seeing the really special or unique ones (e.g. Spectro or the Main St. Electrical Parade when it was still around) at least once, but the everyday normal parades are pretty much nothing more than an impediment to my getting to where I want to go in that park at that time. I was ready to snap on Sat. night, Dec. 6, in the MK because not only did I have to deal with Spectro crowds, but then once I finally worked my way all the way around the perimeter of the park to get close to where I wanted to be (near POTC) the blasted parade broke down, so I had to stand there on already-aching feet for another 10 minutes while they got out the tractors to tow the remaining floats away.

I'm also not a big character girl. I mean, for kids and all they're super, but as an adult, I'd kinda rather they just leave me alone and save up the magic for those who really want to share in it. :goodvibes

Oh, and I'm also not so much into pools anymore. I think it probably stems from my having been a competitive swimmer for more than 20 years, but to me a pool is a pool is a pool, and I've spent waaaaaay too much of my life in them already to go out of my way to hit even more of them. ;) Stormalong Bay's a bit different because of the current and the sand bottom; I can hang out in it for a bit and not be bored, but I'd rather sightsee or go to a park than make a special effort to go to "normal" pools.

Water parks, on the other hand, are a whole other ball of wax. I love me a good water park. :thumbsup2

I'll be there in 2 wks but mine are:

At DHS when you leave muppet land and end up in an empty city, wander deserted streets trying to get out and no vendors to sell you anything to drink before you drop from heat stroke and find your way back to civilization.:confused3

Pin trading..kids had to have them, after 30 mins in the park I'm carrying them:headache: I don't bring them anymore.

Don't care for the parades but even less for the massive exodus after the parade. Sometimes you just have to back flat up against a wall and hang on for dear life:laughing:

I have a list:The American Pavillion at Epcot, Great Movie Ride (a snore), TEA CUPS--hate it, Indiana Jones, Illuminations; I guess I'm just tired of it by now.

my list:

1. AKL (and the YC and BC for that matter): why would people pay so much money to stay there when you can stay at the Contemporary or Poly for the same price and have the monorail.
2. Boma: before our trip, everyone was raving about this, and it was our least favorite meal of the trip.
3. World Showcase: i don't understand it. very boring to me
4. Soarin: again, people kept telling us how great this was so we stood in line for close to an hour at 11pm and i just don't get it. its a good ride, but why people wait 2 hours for it is beyond me.
5. PETER PAN: this is a big one for me, i don't understand why people are willing to wait any more than 10 minutes for that ride.
6. little kids dressed up in princess dresses. they are 60 dollars!! not worth it.
7. MVMCP: had the highest expectations for this, and disney let us down. (granted it was raining and they canceled the 1/2 the shows and the parade)
8. the nemo show at AK: i fell asleep.

however, i LOVE the parades and fireworks. but i don't line up an hour before. also, people may yell at me for this, but i like Illuminations a lot more than Wishes.

1)Any of the films in World Showcase-I'm sorry, I'm sure the films are informative...but I can just think of a mountain of better things to do rather than watch these things!
2)Turkey Legs-I used to be a fan. No more. We always go in the summer and for some reason the idea of toting around a huge steaming leg of meat to gnaw on simply isn't appealing.
3)Star Tours-Why would I want to sit in an attraction that's just going to make me :sick:
4)Waiting in long lines for characters-If there's no wait or a small one...fine. But I'm simply not going to wait forever in a line to spend a few brief seconds with a character.

Don't beat up on me but here are a few of mine:

Don't get laying by the pool all day; I'm in Disney::MickeyMo
Don't get BIG kids in strollers, no offense, just don't get it:confused3
One more thing I wouldn't do personally, bring newborn to parks all day:confused:

No offense to anyone who does these just not my cup of tea:drinking:

Don't beat up on me but here are a few of mine:

Don't get laying by the pool all day; I'm in Disney::MickeyMo
Don't get BIG kids in strollers, no offense, just don't get it:confused3
One more thing I wouldn't do personally, bring newborn to parks all day:confused:

No offense to anyone who does these just not my cup of tea:drinking:

Big kids in strollers kills me. We always laugh when we see it. I don't understand it at all.

When I was 7, I was at WDW all day long for a few days and did just fine without a stroller. And my cousin was 4 and she did fine without one too. And this was during the hot, hot summer.

I'll try not to be all offensive so won't go into these too much, but...

IllumiNations ... I don't get it, it was boring
Pins
Signatures ... from some CM in a Tigger suit :confused3
BBB ... especially that ugly as sin sash
Giant strollers and older kids in strollers
The Carrousel of Time or what ever its called ... booooring
Everest, Space Mountain and RRC... no interest at all

I do like a parade but I don't need one or two every day, and we spent a lot of time at the pool probably because we don't get to one around here. In fact, that is what my kids look forward to more than anything. :confused3

however, i LOVE the parades and fireworks. but i don't line up an hour before. also, people may yell at me for this, but i like Illuminations a lot more than Wishes.

Me, too! Love Illuminations. Wishes was ok, but for my hubby and I it was a cold, icy slushy margarita in Mexico, the crazy world music, the torches, and Illuminations that is one of our favorite memories! :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter