What grinds your gears?

Not sure if I'm reading your comment correctly but are you saying that you found Jimmy's OP to be sexist?

You dont?

People who don't return their carts to the corral in supermarket or Walmart parking lots.

Even worse are the feeble excuses people give for not doing so.

I like in Canada (well Vancouver anyway) that you pay a quarter to get the trolley, when you return the trolley it refunds your quarter. So if thatbisnt enough to encourage people to do it then there is always some kids around willing to collect them and get a few $

I like in Canada (well Vancouver anyway) that you pay a quarter to get the trolley, when you return the trolley it refunds your quarter. So if thatbisnt enough to encourage people to do it then there is always some kids around willing to collect them and get a few $

The Shop Rite supermarket near my parents' vacation home has had the quarter deposit for over 25 years now. I wish my local store would do the same.

Aldi opened locally about three years ago. They also have the quarter deposit.

These days, everything.

People who think a STOP sign is a suggestion, not a mandate. Usually when they are the LAST of 4 cars to arrive at the Stop sign.

I don't think people actually know how to drive anymore. My big peeve is people that see a stop sign at an intersection and assume it's a 4 way stop. Hello, look and make sure before you pull out in front of someone.

On a similar note, what's up with people driving 50 in a 70 mph speed zone on the highway? I drive a short 11 mile stretch 4 times a day, and it seems like lately there's always at least 1 car doing 50. It's dangerous, I almost got hit this morning by someone who ran up on my bumper and swerved into the left lane at the very last minute. Not to mention he took the break in traffic I was waiting for so I could pass the slow poke myself.

Don't get me started on merging, some drivers just have no idea how that works.

On a non-driving note, people who share fear mongering facebook posts without fact checking to see if it's true (or not caring if it's true or not and posting it anyway because it suits some agenda).

These days, everything.

I don't think people actually know how to drive anymore. My big peeve is people that see a stop sign at an intersection and assume it's a 4 way stop. Hello, look and make sure before you pull out in front of someone.

On a similar note, what's up with people driving 50 in a 70 mph speed zone on the highway? I drive a short 11 mile stretch 4 times a day, and it seems like lately there's always at least 1 car doing 50. It's dangerous, I almost got hit this morning by someone who ran up on my bumper and swerved into the left lane at the very last minute. Not to mention he took the break in traffic I was waiting for so I could pass the slow poke myself.

Don't get me started on merging, some drivers just have no idea how that works.

On a non-driving note, people who share fear mongering facebook posts without fact checking to see if it's true (or not caring if it's true or not and posting it anyway because it suits some agenda).

The stop sign thing I see all the time in my neighborhood. My DH was t-boned a few years ago because some woman just didn't look and hit him. I've also seen people sitting at an intersection with a 4 way stop just wait for another car to show up before proceeding. I guess that's better than the ones who just go after stopping without regard to right of way, other cars or pedestrians.

The driving slow thing is killing me lately! When I get stuck behind them it's so hard to get around because I'm driving slower than the cars in the lanes on either side of me and everyone behind me is passing around me and the slow poke.

Last edited:
I was gonna say one-uppers, but it seems that it's the 10-uppers that I see more often these days. Not sure if they realize how fake, annoying and obvious they are.

I think that leaving the shopping cart in the middle of the parking lot is regional. People nearly always return their carts to the corral here in Wisconsin and in Illinois. Down in Florida, not so much. I always snicker to myself when I got to the Publix or (especially) Wal*Mart and there are carts strewn everywhere. I don't get quite as annoyed by shopping carts in parking places in Florida where it is an acceptable practice as I do by them in Wisconsin where it is not.

So what is the number one thing, Non-Disney related that grinds your gears?

My number one is adults that use profanity in front of children. Especially little girls.

Not in the least
"Especially little girls" is what makes it seem sexist. And ageist. Why not just profanity around children? Or persons of any age? Or profanity period?

On a similar note, what's up with people driving 50 in a 70 mph speed zone on the highway?
Not defending anyone, but it's the speed limit - not the speed-mandatory or speed rage.

But it is absolutely unsafe. At any speed ;)

People who think they know everything about everything.
not
But...but...but...I do!!!

You dont?

They tried that here. It didn’t work.

Intolerant people who think tolerant people should tolerate their intolerance.

People who think they know everything about everything.
And think tolerance means tolerating a “different opinion” not matter how disgusting that “opinion”.

I think that leaving the shopping cart in the middle of the parking lot is regional. People nearly always return their carts to the corral here in Wisconsin and in Illinois. Down in Florida, not so much. I always snicker to myself when I got to the Publix or (especially) Wal*Mart and there are carts strewn everywhere. I don't get quite as annoyed by shopping carts in parking places in Florida where it is an acceptable practice as I do by them in Wisconsin where it is not.
That’s here. No one does it here either & until reading these boards, it never occurred to me that anyone cared. Personally, I like the convenience of finding a deserted one in the parking lot on my way into the store.

"Especially little girls" is what makes it seem sexist. And ageist. Why not just profanity around children? Or persons of any age? Or profanity period?

Not defending anyone, but it's the speed limit - not the speed-mandatory or speed rage.

But it is absolutely unsafe. At any speed ;)

not
But...but...but...I do!!!
There is a speed minimum on our highways here. Usually it’s 50 so these ppl would still make the cut. But they also need to be in the right lane. That’s state law too.

There is a speed minimum on our highways here. Usually it’s 50 so these ppl would still make the cut. But they also need to be in the right lane. That’s state law too.

I think it is here, too. There just seems like a lot of them lately and it isn't the stereotypical "little old lady" drivers, either. The one today was a young woman.

You're supposed to drive in the right lane? I thought that one was for texting?!?!?!:tongue:

People who don't pull their weight at the work place. I'm the one who comes in early, never takes a lunch while the other come in 2+ hours late, take smoke breaks every 30 minutes and leave early.

That’s here. No one does it here either & until reading these boards, it never occurred to me that anyone cared. Personally, I like the convenience of finding a deserted one in the parking lot on my way into the store.
It doesn't appear to be regional in my area though that's my personal opinion.

Somehow people can manage to never leave a cart in the parking lot at Aldi. And yet they leave their carts from time to time at other places. More often than not I see people putting the cart in the designated area. It's less common to find random carts from what I see though it does happen. I guess I could say the people who do that are from a different region originally than right here in our area lol.

I don't like finding the convenience of finding a deserted one in the parking lot because it's never in a more advantageous spot than just getting a cart from the designatated spot if I'm getting the cart from the parking lot as opposed to inside the store. When not put back in the designated spots they are often in parking spots themselves, half up on an island though still blocking parking, all the way up the island blocking the walking path put in place, put next to handicap spots in the stripped lines so now someone has that obstacle to contend with, or for whatever reason just outside the designated spot (can't seem to figure that one out lol).

Then again I'm not sure if that's worse than the people who walk out the exit of the store while grabbing their bags and then just leave the cart there rather than putting it in the cart area several feet away lol. You can't use the excuse of "there's no place to put my cart" for that one.

Perhaps people are just more careful where they put their carts in your area though in comparison to mine.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter