What grinds your gears?

It doesn't appear to be regional in my area though that's my personal opinion.

Somehow people can manage to never leave a cart in the parking lot at Aldi. And yet they leave their carts from time to time at other places. More often than not I see people putting the cart in the designated area. It's less common to find random carts from what I see though it does happen. I guess I could say the people who do that are from a different region originally than right here in our area lol.

I don't like finding the convenience of finding a deserted one in the parking lot because it's never in a more advantageous spot than just getting a cart from the designatated spot if I'm getting the cart from the parking lot as opposed to inside the store. When not put back in the designated spots they are often in parking spots themselves, half up on an island though still blocking parking, all the way up the island blocking the walking path put in place, put next to handicap spots in the stripped lines so now someone has that obstacle to contend with, or for whatever reason just outside the designated spot (can't seem to figure that one out lol).

Then again I'm not sure if that's worse than the people who walk out the exit of the store while grabbing their bags and then just leave the cart there rather than putting it in the cart area several feet away lol. You can't use the excuse of "there's no place to put my cart" for that one.

Perhaps people are just more careful where they put their carts in your area though in comparison to mine.
I think it’s b/c most ppl leave them right next to their car after they unload. Most of the time (IME) they’re not blocking the spot. So I just get out & take the cart right next to my car & admittedly usually put it back there when I’m done.

I think it’s b/c most ppl leave them right next to their car after they unload. Most of the time (IME) they’re not blocking the spot. So I just get out & take the cart right next to my car & admittedly usually put it back there when I’m done.
Totally could be the case for your area. Maybe that's why it works out there.

I think of the carts I see maybe people are trying to appear like they are taking care of where they put the cart (like when it's up on the island or not in an actual parking spot) but often they are in some way or another in the way lol.

Not defending anyone, but it's the speed limit - not the speed-mandatory or speed rage.

In our state (CA) the law is that you must keep pace with the traffic flow, regardless of the posted speed limit.

Our freeways typically have a limit of 75. If everyone is going 80, you need to keep up and go at least 75. If everyone is going 45 because it is raining, you need to also go 45. The "keep up with the flow of traffic" overrides the "speed limit." If it is raining and everyone else is going 45, and some moron is weaving through traffic and going 65, that person is subject to being pulled over and ticketed for reckless driving.

People who don't pull their weight at the work place. I'm the one who comes in early, never takes a lunch while the other come in 2+ hours late, take smoke breaks every 30 minutes and leave early.

All my employees think exactly the same thing. They think they are pulling too much weight and nobody else is pulling enough.

People who don't pull their weight at the work place. I'm the one who comes in early, never takes a lunch while the other come in 2+ hours late, take smoke breaks every 30 minutes and leave early.

I think there's a distinction between putting their time in and pulling their weight. I'm a firm believer in "you don't get paid for the time you're here; you get paid for the work you do." If my employees are getting their work done and it doesn't negatively impact others, there's no reason they couldn't come in late if needed.

This happened again today.
A lady left her cart in front of me at the meat case in Costco today and walked to the wine isle over fifty feet away.
I've never done it, but I've been tempted to start putting random items in their carts when they leave them unattended.
Expensive items.................:rolleyes1

Last edited:
"Especially little girls" is what makes it seem sexist. And ageist. Why not just profanity around children? Or persons of any age? Or profanity period?

Well the OP did say profanity in front of little kids. He just added the "especially little girls" part. Pretty harmless comment, IMO.

Profanity in general doesn't bother me. But little kids are impressionable and I don't want them picking up that vocab and then using it in the wrong situation.

People who block the aisle in the grocery store and seem completely oblivious that others are trying to get through. So I guess in short, people who are inconsiderate.

I wasn't blocking the aisle. My cart was. But don't worry. I got it back for you. I left it to roll freely in the parking lot so someone would hit it and crush it. That cart won't be bothering anyone any more.

People who constantly interrupt. No matter the subject they can never let anyone finish their stories, they always seem to think they’ve got a better one. They never do. It’s especially annoying when listening to a discussion on radio or TV when you never get to hear the end of the original talkers story or point of view. In person I’ve taken to telling the original speaker that I was interested in what they were saying and ask them to finish, hoping the interrupter will take the hint.

This reminds me of another thing that drives me nuts and something I can't explain.

When I drive to a store and the lot is completely empty. So I have my pick of any spot right? Great. And when I come out, the lot is still empty except for the two spots around my car which are now suddenly occupied.

Does anyone have an explanation for this truly bizarre and illogical behavior?

They're hoping to become proud "parents" of a Smart Car.

And then they bark & disturb their neighbors! I have a neighbor who leaves their dog out all the time. He barks incessantly & sounds distressed most of the time b/c he doesn’t want to be outside alone, MORONS! I’m like you. Why even have a dog?! I don’t get having outside dogs.

Our large dog would be like a bull in the china shop if he lived inside. His wagging tail is a lethal weapon. He's on guard duty in the back yard. He has lots more room to run and play than if he were cooped up inside most of the time.

Our large dog would be like a bull in the china shop if he lived inside. His wagging tail is a lethal weapon. He's on guard duty in the back yard. He has lots more room to run and play than if he were cooped up inside most of the time.
I get it’s not always easy to have a big dog inside. I have a 90lb golden retriever so I get it, but he has been trained to live inside. Dogs are social animals, they don’t enjoy living outside even if they tolerate it. Like the pp said, I don’t see the point of having an animal you don’t spend time with. Hopefully, yours doesn’t bark all night & day & disturb your neighbors also.

"Especially little girls" is what makes it seem sexist. And ageist. Why not just profanity around children? Or persons of any age? Or profanity period?
Call it what you want if it makes you feel better about yourself.

Explain why it is worse to swear in front of little girls than little boys in a way that isnt sexist....
Edited because I do not need to stoop to a low level .... It's not sexist and I do not owe you an explanation.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter