• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

What grinds your gears?

Racists
People who hate other groups "just because" they are different (religious, political, racial, etc...)
People who make fun of others (particularly those with disabilities)
Parents who defend their little cherubs, even though the kid is a monster

And a bunch of stuff I can't talk about because it would be considered political

We still have plenty of cloverleaf interchanges here meaning short merging opportunities as well as other roads or highways designed with short merging lanes as well.

You still need to be accelerating as you merge onto the highway. If your exit is say 35mph to go through the cloverleaf and the highway you're going to is 70mph you better get your butt up and going as soon as you clear the cloverleaf. You can't enter the highway maintaining a 35mph speed safely with cars zooming past you or worse in the lane you are merging into at 70mph. You need to accelerate so you can more quickly match the speed limit.

Now granted I'm looking at what's in my state but here's the following for entering the highway: "Check traffic by looking in your mirrors and checking your blind spots by looking over your shoulder (head check). Make sure you use your turn signal. While increasing speed, smoothly merge into the proper lane of traffic without stopping or crossing over any solid painted lines. Cancel your turn signal upon completion of the merge."

Too much traffic on the highway means no one is going at highway speeds. That still means you should be accelerating, though of course in terms of traffic safely, not slowing down. In bumper to bumper traffic obviously you do your best to merge in as quickly and as safely as possible.
I really hate all the cloverleaf interchanges around here. You have such a short distance to accelerate to highway speed, and people never give you an inch to merge in. I swear some of them speed up just for the sport of it. The one getting onto I-70 here is the worst.

I see you agree with me :).
:D
Going to the movies when it is completely empty and someone will come in just as the credits roll and sit directly in front of/behind or NEXT to me.
I was in a pretty much empty theater at DisneyLand, in the back (accessible) row, having moved from an ECV to a seat. Family of three comes in and sits directly in front of me. In two seats,
UOTE="LSUmiss, post: 60389312, member: 529723"]My question about that though is if that’s what the majority of ppl are doing why would you continue to get food first & walk around angrily with no place to sit?[/QUOTE]
Not every party consists of enough responsible persons to be able to do this. It is absolutely possible for larger parties to be considerate of others. It is impossible for a solo diner to physically be in two places at the same time.
This is not a moral issue or anything so if you can’t beat ‘em join ‘em.
not
Either this thread or the one I linked, a poster unable to find seating got lambasted for telling a CM to refund her/his money or find this parent/youngster party a table.

Last edited:
O
As the owner of a Prius v I could take offense, but I won’t. I have seen Prius drivers at both extremes when it comes to speed. Believe me, a Prius has no problem going fast and it doesn’t affect the mileage all that much. I drive the speed limit and stay in the right lane if there is more than one lane. But I did that when I drove a Ford as well. I have access to the fleet vehicles at work and could lose my job if I get a ticket, so I am the driver that comes to a full and complete stop, doesn’t tailgate, and doesn’t speed. I don’t expect everyone else to drive like me though.

As to what aggravates me in general, one of the big ones is people who won’t take responsibility when they make a mistake, or worse, lie and try to pin their mistake on others. We have one of those in our department at work. Everyone makes mistakes. Admit you messed up and learn something from it so you don’t mess it up again. I will not take responsibility for your mistake. Rant over :furious:

I never heard of the hate of Pruis drivers until my husband bought one last summer. Friends and family were both shocked and told him not to become one of those Prius drivers.
After driving with him I see why. He use auto drive and it keeps a crazy amount of space between cars and breaks hard.
He loves the car and bought it to use the HOV lane Plus saves on gas.

Not using punctuation on social media. No periods, no commas, just one long sentence.

Parents who yell at their children in public. I'm always sad for them, knowing how it must be at home if they act that way in front of people.

When you are the only one using the ladies room in public, there are 12 stalls, and the only person that comes in after you, uses the one right next to you. I mean, really?? Why, why do they do this?
Sorry to say....I might be guilty of this. :rotfl:It's not that I want to pee beside you, it's just that I do a quick glance in every stall as I walk by and I try to choose the cleanest one. More often then not, I end up right beside someone in an empty washroom. I'll say hi next time. :crazy:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter