What grinds your gears?

I think there's a distinction between putting their time in and pulling their weight. I'm a firm believer in "you don't get paid for the time you're here; you get paid for the work you do." If my employees are getting their work done and it doesn't negatively impact others, there's no reason they couldn't come in late if needed.
And, personally, I’m not working extra time with no pay unless the reason my work couldn’t get done in the allotted time is b/c of something I did. I’ve worked for many under staffed agencies over the years. It wasn’t possible to get everything done in a day. If you want to pay me OT, I might stay. Otherwise, find the money to adequately staff your agency.

Theaters with reserved seating tend to have more tiered seating than other theaters, meaning, there is more clearance to see over heads. So there's that... Many, maybe most, theaters don't have reserved seating, at least in all theaters, yet. (movie nerd, here) Many around here in ATL have it, but it's not ubiquitous yet. I hope it never is. It's nice to decide to see a movie on a whim every now and then.

One negative effect of assigned seating is that it doesn't force parties to sit next to each other for popular movies, so there are often empty seats when there really shouldn't be.

I love the assigned seating. I don't understand why it means that you can't go see a movie on a whim though

At our theaters you can't leave just one open seat between parties so they not only force parties to sit together they also force people who would often skip a seat beside a group in open seating to either leave space for a couple or just sit next to their neighbors.

I'm positive it wasn't intended to sound sexist, and almost as positive that you are not sexist. The statement came out seeming sexist, though. To more than one person. That's all we're saying.
If you look hard enough you will find what your looking for, right or wrong.

Our large dog would be like a bull in the china shop if he lived inside. His wagging tail is a lethal weapon. He's on guard duty in the back yard. He has lots more room to run and play than if he were cooped up inside most of the time.

I am right there with you. We actually got our dog with intentions of keeping him inside. He had other ideas.

He will sleep inside but that’s it unless it’s raining and/or thundering. He doesn’t “tolerate it”. He wants to be outside where he can run and play and so he does.

Having an outside dog doesn’t mean one doesn’t pay attention to their dog. Where do people get these ideas? I play with the dog every day outside. I sit on the porch and pet and love on him every afternoon when I get home. He has the run of the yard and loves it. Many nights in the warmer months, he will refuse to even come in to sleep.

I love the assigned seating. I don't understand why it means that you can't go see a movie on a whim though

At our theaters you can't leave just one open seat between parties so they not only force parties to sit together they also force people who would often skip a seat beside a group in open seating to either leave space for a couple or just sit next to their neighbors.
Well the way it works with ours is when you're purchasing seats you can't leave an open seat in between you and other people in your party. But that's it.

There absolutely can be a single seat in between people with reserved seating it's just it's two different parties doing that.

I'm going to guess that the PP was talking about going into a movie theater and seeing an empty seat in between people and inferring that the system doesn't prevent that. The system prevents that but only when you're purchasing seats in the same transaction.

Example:
This is for a Fork & Screen (Dine-In) showing tonight for Captain Marvel at the AMC location I go to all the time:
upload_2019-3-19_10-27-17.png

With reserved seating that seat labled 114,110 and 75 may be left open OR people may end up purchasing those seats.

If we take just seats 114 and 110- Back in the day without reserved seating there would be times I would experience sitting down in the seat I wanted and then someone with 2 people in their party would see the row had 2 empty seats just not next to each other. There would be times where that party of 2 would ask people to move down so they could sit together. I see it as a positive that I no longer have to worry about that.

At first in our theaters I noticed people would just sit wherever they wanted not paying attention to the fact that they had an assigned seat so it would cause problems where people would enter the theater only to find someone sitting in their seats. It only took 1 person to create a big domino effect lol. But as time has gone on it's happened less and less.

Same here. I also love the assigned seating.

Temporarily double parking on a busy street, especially during rush hour.

Bonus (stroke triggering) when double parked despite available space only several yards away :furious:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter