What do you do to afford your Disney Parks habbit?

I have to ask - what did he do and was he supposed to be funny or you just found him to be funny? I have never heard of a professional mourner so I'm intrigued!
Keeping in mind that I was a teenager at the time and that things like this were the stuff of hilarity to me and my knucklehead cousins...

He sat in the church and WEPT. Loudly. Occasionally he would clutch his chest, or clasp his hands together and shake his fist toward the sky like "Why, God??"

Keeping in mind that I was a teenager at the time and that things like this were the stuff of hilarity to me and my knucklehead cousins...

He sat in the church and WEPT. Loudly. Occasionally he would clutch his chest, or clasp his hands together and shake his fist toward the sky like "Why, God??"

Ok - I'm in my 40's and seeing someone behave like that would probably make me laugh too.

Sorry to take this thread off course, but I looked up professional mourner and came across this information on job monkey. I am great amused that the next job in line is a professional wrestler.

Screen Shot 2019-03-06 at 9.01.48 AM.png

Sorry to take this thread off course, but I looked up professional mourner and came across this information on job monkey. I am great amused that the next job in line is a professional wrestler.

View attachment 386797
Funerals are for the living but if my surviving family hires a professional mourner for my service(I would prefer to have my body donated to the Tennessee body farm), I will do my best to haunt and annoy them for the rest of their life.

We bought in to DVC 17 years ago when the price per point was doable. For the past 6 years we've had a DD that is a CM so we don't have to pay for park tix. Lately we've been able to get good deals on Frontier for flights.

::yes:: They do!! I spent a year interning to become a funeral director and it was actually a pretty regular part of certain cultural death rituals. In particular for traditional Chinese funerals, Buddhist monks would hire on as "wailers" and yes, that's exactly what they did. Not sure what that sort of thing paid because they were hired by the families directly but we did serve them lunch, pick them up and drive them home in one of the funeral parlor's stretch limos. :teeth:

Had no clue that was an actual way to make money. Tell me more. Seriously, I have never heard of this...don't have much experience with funerals.

Both DH and I make decent salaries, own DVC, and go anywhere from 1-3 times per year usually for a week at a time. We splurge here and there but I wouldn't say we go crazy.

I had no idea that there is an actual thing as a professional mourner.
I think that is one of the wackiest jobs I've ever heard of :laughing:

Inheritance from DH's family. Not the best way to pay, but it happens. I figured the OP lived in a high cost of living area.

This. My Disney trips are paid from the investment portfolio I inherited from my parents. I’m going twice this year.

Can I join the party? Yeah, I finance vacations mainly by income derived from investments, inheritance, and a divorce settlement.

For me it's very easy to afford our WDW trips. As a long time CM, now retired, admission was and will be free for the rest of my life. And everything else, including cruises, is anywhere from 35% to 50% off. But it's not all good news because I no longer feel the excitement and anticipation of going to WDW. I lost that Magic decades ago.

For me it's very easy to afford our WDW trips. As a long time CM, now retired, admission was and will be free for the rest of my life. And everything else, including cruises, is anywhere from 35% to 50% off. But it's not all good news because I no longer feel the excitement and anticipation of going to WDW. I lost that Magic decades ago.

I'm curious. Do you think the lack of excitement occurred because you spent so much time there, because WDW has been making negative changes, or a combination of the two?

We went to Disney a lot when the kids were little. I stayed at home then and my "job" was to save money. I budgeted everything and stayed within my budget. Disney/Vacation was a line item to save, and every paycheck, a bit went directly into that account.

Also, my husband gets bonuses every year. Some years it was enough to cover our trip, other years, I needed to dip into the "Disney savings fund."

Completely doable on your income, provided you don't have a $750K house payment, $500 on eating out a month, etc.....find ways you can cut.....cable TV, cell phone plan downsizing, kids' activities, eating out/entertainment, less expensive car, etc.....

PS: Sorry, didn't see you were in NYC. Some of the things may still apply though, so I am not changing my answer.....there may be a way you can cut. Can you find $200/mo to cut/save for a couple of years? I am assuming you don't have a housecleaner or dog walker each month.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter