What do you do to afford your Disney Parks habbit?

Mappyland

Earning My Ears
With the ever increasing cost to get inside the Disney Parks, I was curious as to what this community does for work? Perhaps include the size of your family and a salary range if you feel comfortable.

Family of 4 for me, I work in commercial real estate for a global company. Salary range is 140 to 160k.

Getting tougher and tougher to go.

With the ever increasing cost to get inside the Disney Parks, I was curious as to what this community does for work? Perhaps include the size of your family and a salary range if you feel comfortable.

Family of 4 for me, I work in commercial real estate for a global company. Salary range is 140 to 160k.

If I had that kind of income it will be no problem for me. I know the more you make the more you spend.
What I do I’m a dvc member got in when the price was good. Got 555 points.
I don’t pay the daily park prices. I get a dvc gold annual pass than go about 3-4 times during the year all for one week.
Than I take about a year and a half off from wdw than do it all over again.

I'm on a fixed income (SSI), and it's not much, but enough for me to start squirreling away 100 bucks a month about a year-and-a-half before I want to go to pay for my half of the trip (my sister and I take a trip together to WDW about every two years). I also save all of my change, which adds up to about 100 bucks-enough for tips for servers and such. That's really all I do.

Annual Passes
Stay offsite
Bring lots of snacks
Eat a mix of inside/outside/cook in your hotel.
The obvious: discipline saving X amount of $ from your paycheck always.
Go when season change, then you might be able to snacth discounted merchandise at the parks or outlets

Save. We only take one vacation a year due to conflicting schedules so it’s not a huge hardship to put away money for vacation.

Open a brand new, zero interest credit card, of course! That's what I did for the last trip anyway. I saved enough to pay for the plane tickets and initial deposit, then I knew I was getting a nice bonus from work and that paid for almost half of the remaining balance, the rest went on the card at zero interest.

When I was married we dipped into savings to go. Not the most financially responsible thing to do but I have no regrets. The memories will last much longer than the money would have. Actually my ex-husband cashed in all the savings and retirement accounts after we separated, so that makes me even happier that at least some of that money was spent on the kids, because now it is all gone.

Welcome to the boards! :welcome:

Take a browse through some threads, you’ll see that even though increasing prices are inevitable DISers find a way to save, discount, and hunt for good deals.

I use my Disney Visa for everything. Pay it off in full every month. The points I get buy us annual passes, food, hotel rooms, etc. It's really great!

Husband retired and I work in computer tech where I make good money - but we’re cheap - close enough to drive and we’re DVC...we go 3-4 times a year for a week in a 1Br...so, other than dues and our discounted APs (Christmas present to each other) - Disney doesn’t really cost us much more than a week at home. We’re not impressed with Disney food so we don’t eat onsite much...maybe 5 table service at most for the whole week, don’t snack and don’t buy souvenirs (don’t really need them)...we also don’t do pricey add ones except MNSSHP each year and MVMCP every couple years or so...

I pick up every overtime shift that I can, and I also drive for Uber and Lyft on my days off.

Nothing anymore. 6 years ago our family decided Disney was too expensive so we spent our Disney vacation money to go somewhere else and we all loved it so we go to a new place each year and no one misses it

LOL I make less than half of what you do, and we have gone every year for the last 3 years. No credit cards, no debt to go on vacation. We live in New England, not close to the parks. We save, use every money saving trick in the book, and budget carefully. I am a black belt in finding cheap airfares and deals. My kids save birthday and Christmas money to get themselves one special souvenir on the trip. We value that family time immensely so it's worth the other sacrifices we make during the year to make it happen.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter