What Disney attractions or rides you wish they could replace?

Yup, it's junk.

This won't be popular, but get rid of Buzz Lightyear ride. It's junk. If they want to rebuild it, do it the same way as they did TSM. But the current Buzz Lightyear ride is junk.
agree 100% my kids love Toy Story and they don't even ride it.

I hate to say this , but are there any that outlived their relevancy. They really could use that space in Tom Sawyer island for more rides.

I think that Tom Sawyer Island could be used in alot of better ways... such as put a restaurant large windows taking in the whole park in that area... and possibly a QS out there, it would be a great spot... and create more of a play ground area so that the kids could burn off some steam...

I hate Stitch's Great Escape. There has to be something they could do to update Tomorrowland Speedway and make it a bit more fun for the above 4 age (and the smell kills me). Little Mermaid isn't the same since they chopped it up years ago. Maybe do something with Coco in the Mexico ride and maybe update Muppet Vision (keep it muppets though...I like it but my kids don't).
Good news is Stitch is gone... question is, will it be replaced with something interesting?

(Was replying to Carousel of Progress post from above, for some reason the quote didn't stick)

I was surprised at how much my kids like this ride. My middle guy actually asked to do it twice. I like it, because I can catch a quick nap. WIN WIN!

Good news is Stitch is gone... question is, will it be replaced with something interesting?
They are adding another attraction on the opposite side of Tomorrowland, so I'm not sure it is all that necessary and/or makes much sense to try to shoehorn another attraction into a far-too-small space. I think Disney should learn a lesson from the whole Alien Encounter/Stitch's Great Escape situation that whenever they try to shoehorn a new attraction into a space like that, people are probably going to be disappointed. I like the idea of Disney not only having enough space for the new attractions that they invest in, but also having a space that has no encumbrances placed on the attraction from having to share a building with a restaurant and a souvenir shop. There are better spaces available for new attractions, even in the Magic Kingdom, and we see that clearly with Tron.

I've never been to WDW so my reply is strictly for Disneyland. I think Autopia needs to be re-imagined (or replaced). The fumes are awful and last time I rode it (as an adult) it was difficult to pedal. I also am not a fan of the Nemo subs but then to be fair I was not big on the movie (Nemo) either. The sub, as others have said, does feel claustrophobic plus it is so dank down there. I would not be sorry to see that go!

Mr. Toad's can be replaced.

Still wish People Mover would return :)

Maybe we could all petition Elon Musk to have Tesla sponsor an updated Tomorrowland Speedway? It's absolutely absurd that these attractions still runs on ear-busting fume-spewing gasoline lawnmower engines.

I get that little kids want to drive, and I don't have a problem with a kids-driving attraction, but don't make passerby suffer for it. The "Driving School" attraction at Legoland is an example of this kind of ride done right!

BTW, Autopia was just refurbed in 2016, when Honda took over the sponsorship. It's a 10 year contract.

I'd like to see the movies shown in China and Canada pavilions changed to something similar to the Jerusalem pavilion during the millennial celebration. I liked sitting and feeling like I was gliding through Jerusalem. I don't even go into China's movie or Canada's movie anymore because I want to sit and not stand while leaning on a barrier. By the time I get to these, I have already stood in lines, leaning against barricades.

The movies are well done, but dang it, I want to sit to watch them.

Maybe we could all petition Elon Musk to have Tesla sponsor an updated Tomorrowland Speedway? It's absolutely absurd that these attractions still runs on ear-busting fume-spewing gasoline lawnmower engines.

I'm pretty sure they can't while GM still sponsors Test Track and that WDW uses exclusively GM vehicles on property...in other words, an exclusive contract most likely

Well, actually, the Tesla thing was a joke, but those rides really do need to be converted to electric.

Last edited:
At DL there is always a long line for the standby and Fast Pass sides. That ride is not going away.

There's always a long stand-by line and FPs go quickly at WDW too. The ride isn't going anywhere. It just needs a minor refresh. Could be done with 30 days downtime and a limited budget.

There's always a long stand-by line and FPs go quickly at WDW too. The ride isn't going anywhere. It just needs a minor refresh. Could be done with 30 days downtime and a limited budget.

What sort of refresh do you want in Buzz? I mean the guns are absolute trash and I don't see how all of that would get replaced in 30 days and a limited budget.

I'm pretty sure they can't while GM still sponsors Test Track and that WDW uses exclusively GM vehicles on property...in other words, an exclusive contract most likely

Kinda of shocking they chose GM as a sponsor. Not sure why they didn't go with a more cutting edge transportation company like Waymo, Pony.ai, Uber, Tesla, or Argo? At the rate it is going and their lack of innovation, GM is going to be gone in 30 years. Heck it would be gone already if it wasn't deemed to big to fail.

Kinda of shocking they chose GM as a sponsor. Not sure why they didn't go with a more cutting edge transportation company like Waymo, Pony.ai, Uber, Tesla, or Argo?
The way such things work, it is more a matter of sponsors choosing Disney rather than Disney choosing sponsors. It isn't like there are many (any?) companies lining up to pay big money to put their logos on theme park attractions in return for covering the operating costs.

More importantly, even when Disney approaches cutting-edge companies to be sponsors, the cutting-edge company needs to realize that being associated with a brand that is so heavily associated with nostalgia in the minds of many will damage their brand more than help their brand.

The way such things work, it is more a matter of sponsors choosing Disney rather than Disney choosing sponsors. It isn't like there are many (any?) companies lining up to pay big money to put their logos on theme park attractions in return for covering the operating costs.

More importantly, even when Disney approaches cutting-edge companies to be sponsors, the cutting-edge company needs to realize that being associated with a brand that is so heavily associated with nostalgia in the minds of many will damage their brand more than help their brand.

Yup, it's the sponsors, not Disney who make the decision on coughing up the money.

I do disagree however about the cutting edge companies not wanting to affiliate themselves with an nostalgic product. Oracle just paid over $200 million to have the San Francisco Giants baseball stadium wear their name. I think baseball is much more associated with nostalgia than Disney. Vivint, Quicken,Spectrum, SAP, T-Mobile, Xcel, Toyota, Honda, Legacy, Taxslayer and U.S. Cellular are all spending billions for similar sponsorship rights to nostalgic industries.

What sort of refresh do you want in Buzz? I mean the guns are absolute trash and I don't see how all of that would get replaced in 30 days and a limited budget.

If the targeting system stays the same and only the guns are replaced, I can't see that taking very long at all. With the proper tools, it probably would take about 10 minutes to change out both guns on a car. A team of 8 people could probably replace every gun in the ride in less than 16 working hours. (2 cars at a time, one team taking out the old guns, one team putting in the new ones.)

As to technology companies, nostalgia and ride sponsorship, I think that sports stadium naming rights are a bit different than park attractions. No one blames the sponsor when a baseball team plays badly, but if visitors think that a technology company is actually responsible for the technology of the ride mechanics, every breakdown is a potential bit of bad PR. It's not that easy for a company to say, "This ride sponsored by Toyota, but we don't have anything to do with whether the cars work or not."

Last edited:
Kinda of shocking they chose GM as a sponsor. Not sure why they didn't go with a more cutting edge transportation company like Waymo, Pony.ai, Uber, Tesla, or Argo? At the rate it is going and their lack of innovation, GM is going to be gone in 30 years. Heck it would be gone already if it wasn't deemed to big to fail.

GM has been a sponsor since 1982...they've never stopped being a sponsor this entire time

If the targeting system stays the same and only the guns are replaced, I can't see that taking very long at all. With the proper tools, it probably would take about 10 minutes to change out both guns on a car. A team of 8 people could probably replace every gun in the ride in less than 16 working hours. (2 cars at a time, one team taking out the old guns, one team putting in the new ones.)

As to technology companies, nostalgia and ride sponsorship, I think that sports stadium naming rights are a bit different than park attractions. No one blames the sponsor when a baseball team plays badly, but if visitors think that a technology company is actually responsible for the technology of the ride mechanics, every breakdown is a potential bit of bad PR. It's not that easy for a company to say, "This ride sponsored by Toyota, but we don't have anything to do with whether the cars work or not."
WDW or DL? I was on Toy Story repeatedly in September in DL and the guns worked just fine.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter