What Disney attractions or rides you wish they could replace?

I don't like Autopia. It lost it's appeal once I could really drive. My kids love it, though. Not of big fan of Finding Nemo, either. It makes me claustrophobic :scared:

They don't have enough capacity as is for attendance levels. Perhaps they could take some steps to address capacity and maintenance issues before turning their focus to replacing things.
The attendance/capacity ratio is completely within Disney's control, and so they have clearly decided that this is the correct ratio. As Darth Vader once said, "Pray [they] don’t alter [the ratio] any further," because they can improve that ratio very easily by increasing admission prices and the cost of in-park dining.

I don't necessarily think it should be replaced, but it should be heavily reworked and rethemed to use electric cars with a more futuristic style and some additional scenery on the track. Hopefully with the re-work for the TRON coaster they will do a little more to it than just re-route the track.
How about covered over so it is completely underground, so something else can be put atop it?

I got roasted here some years ago for opining that the Swiss Family Treehouse needs to go, but here I am opining it again.
I was thinking of mentioning it along with the Speedway, but it doesn't hit on any of those three criteria I listed earlier. I thought it took up a lot of space, but it really doesn't. It surely doesn't take up that many CMs, and it surely doesn't detract from surrounding attractions.

The Jungle Cruise isn't going anywhere, not with a movie on the way.

It's also considered a massive fan favorite. A few opinionated people on a mega fan forum don't represent the general population to well : )

I don't like Autopia. It lost it's appeal once I could really drive. My kids love it, though. Not of big fan of Finding Nemo, either. It makes me claustrophobic :scared:

Its funny how most adults dont care for this ride and young kids love it. We drove enough just to get here thank you! I agree though it should be modernized.

I don't see a need to remove something that someone may like, except if it precludes something else - so the answer to your question is really, for me, a matter of which attractions are not worth the space or staff that it takes to run the attraction, or otherwise detract from other attractions. The Tomorrowland Speedway fits the bill on at least two of those three counts, if not all three: It's taking up too much prime real estate, and the cars belch an excess of smelly pollutants into the air.
I agree with this one. I never go on it. They could make it a lot cooler, maybe faster cars, or practically anything else would do.

I'm a nostalgia nerd, and would vote to keep the Tiki Room, Country Bears, Swiss Family Treehouse, Tom Sawyer Island, and Carousel of Progress, even though we didn't get to any of them on our last trip. (I have done them all at some point.)

And I love the Jungle Cruise! We just did it again last month as the "Jingle Cruise" and the corny jokes are part of the fun!

I am OK with letting go of the Speedway in MK (especially to reduce pollution) and definitely the carnival games in AK (though I think the Boneyard play area should be kept.)

And I personally wouldn't miss the Haunted Mansion - though I wouldn't actually suggest closing it, as I know it's a big favorite for many guests!

Yup, it's junk.

This won't be popular, but get rid of Buzz Lightyear ride. It's junk. If they want to rebuild it, do it the same way as they did TSM. But the current Buzz Lightyear ride is junk.
....soooooooo, tell us how you REALLY feel about the Buzz Lightyear ride...popcorn::

Yeah - not a fan of Nemo at Epcot at all - just the thing you want to encourage kids to do at Disney - escape from your parents and hide

Buzz Lightyear...the very outdated first version of an attraction that's been done better at every other Disney park. They could easily and VERY cheaply upgrade the one at WDW, but they're too cheap to do it.

Also just an FYI, the Hong Kong version just got converted to an Ant-man and the Wasp themed version. Obviously they can't do that at WDW due to Marvel restrictions, but it is interesting that Disney is converting at least one of them to a newer theme.

Maybe something in the Wreck-it-Ralph Universe could be added there. (yes, I know there's been rumors of a Wreck-it-Ralph change to Stitch Encounter)

Buzz Lightyear...the very outdated first version of an attraction that's been done better at every other Disney park. They could easily and VERY cheaply upgrade the one at WDW, but they're too cheap to do it.

+1

They could easily copy the Disneyland version. I can't understand why Disney' shortchanges the Florida parks so much by putting the better versions of the rides in California.

How we feel about Buzz:

Iccp5n.jpg

pm6dB6sLj

As a kid I loved the speedway. As an adult, not so much. It can go.

I am not a fan of the Winnie the Pooh ride at all. I miss Mr. Toad. That was fun.

If they could bring back a horizons like ride I would be thrilled.

all the scenes from Living with the Land at the Garden Grill. It is awfully outdated to the point that you start questioning yourself why are you spending the amount of money you’re paying to see a bunch of dusty mannequin and plastic plants. The potential the Restaurant has if Disney would take the time to do better with the space.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter