What Disney attractions or rides you wish they could replace?

Carousel of Progress is a must keep! It's not the ride itself, it's all the good memories it brings back, plus it's a great place to get out of the heat for awhile. A nice break from the hustle and bustle. I know it's not my least favorite but I had to put in a plug for it.

Agree! I always hope my kids don’t notice that ride at DisneyLand when we walk by. Way too claustrophobic for me!
My wife and I went to Disneyland in September. A couple of 61 year olds with adult children, no grandkids, and we did all the "simple" rides in Fantasyland. Nemo. I hope they never get rid of those rides based on the joy on all the faces on kids under about age 10. Those are the rides that make people Disney addicts. They will grow up into teens who ride the thrill rides.
Frankly, I worry about the long term success of Star Wars land. Disney is still trying to get California Adventure to work 18 years after it opened, and even after a $1 billion + redo.

My wife and I went to Disneyland in September. A couple of 61 year olds with adult children, no grandkids, and we did all the "simple" rides in Fantasyland. Nemo. I hope they never get rid of those rides based on the joy on all the faces on kids under about age 10. Those are the rides that make people Disney addicts. They will grow up into teens who ride the thrill rides.
Frankly, I worry about the long term success of Star Wars land. Disney is still trying to get California Adventure to work 18 years after it opened, and even after a $1 billion + redo.

I often hear complaints about DCA but I don't understand them. Soarin', TSM, Cars Land, Grizzly River Run, Mission Breakout, Cove Bar for lobster nachos. Paradise Pier makes for a great photo backdrop.

What's not to like?

I often hear complaints about DCA but I don't understand them. Soarin', TSM, Cars Land, Grizzly River Run, Mission Breakout, Cove Bar for lobster nachos. Paradise Pier makes for a great photo backdrop.

What's not to like?

...that besides those things you mentioned, there's precious little else to do in that park?

...that besides those things you mentioned, there's precious little else to do in that park?

Can't tell if that's sarcasm so I'll assume you're being serious. What else are you looking for? I do each of those rides 2-3x, mix in some time eating, snacking, drinking. Strolling around. Day is over in the blink of an eye.

I hate to say this , but are there any that outlived their revelancy. They really could use that space in Tom Sawyer island for more rides.

NO!!!!!!!!!!!!

I LOVE Tom Sawyer Island!!!

I think Dinoland is stupid though, the only part of it that we ever liked was the boneyard pplayground and dig site.

How we feel about Buzz:

Iccp5n.jpg

pm6dB6sLj
Never get to 999999 like that.

And how about we get rid of that Mickey Mouse. He is so dated. When is the last time he made a picture show?
You joke but I think we shouldn't be surprised if over the next 50 years, the Mickey Mouse we grew up with turns into this:

https://video.disney.com/watch/hats-enough-57c3612d0cabbebd6b4f2a72

There is more than one way to "replace" something: Rather than swapping it out for something else entirely, rewriting that something, itself, so it is something different, is yet another way.

What's not to like?
Attendance had been disappointing. It opened in 2001 and cost $600 million to build. Attendance was so bad that Disney announced plans in 2007 to spend $1 billion to redo it to make it more attractive. You don't spend more to redo something than it cost in just 6 years if it wasn't failing.
I enjoy DCA, HOWEVER when it was announced I was in the group of folks who thought this was going to be a new land, like Toontown, (or Star Wars Land now), not a second park with a second admission. I don't think folks heading to Disneyland are of the same mindset as those at Disneyworld.
Walt's motto was "what can we do to plus it for the guests" not "what can we do to charge an additional admission for"

Tomorrowland speedway takes up way too much space, isn't that much fun, and the smell is horrible. A lot of options for that space, even if just updating it to "CARS" and moving to electric or something. Put it on rails to allow multiple lanes to simulate racing, and bump up capacity. But mainly, nothing about the ride is "tomorrow," and I'd be happy to see it go.

Tomorrowland Speedway and literally all of Dinoland. It's...useless.

Is it cool for kids?
...........Mmmmmm I guess???

But they could have so much more there, and in fact there WAS supposed to be a whole other section of the park about mythical and magical creatures...and that never happened so they went with dinosaurs. To be fair I loved the Dinosaur movie with Aladar but like...not enough to have a whole section of the park dedicated to it, and the ride is merely 'meh'.

I hate Stitch's Great Escape. There has to be something they could do to update Tomorrowland Speedway and make it a bit more fun for the above 4 age (and the smell kills me). Little Mermaid isn't the same since they chopped it up years ago. Maybe do something with Coco in the Mexico ride and maybe update Muppet Vision (keep it muppets though...I like it but my kids don't).

all the scenes from Living with the Land at the Garden Grill. It is awfully outdated to the point that you start questioning yourself why are you spending the amount of money you’re paying to see a bunch of dusty mannequin and plastic plants. The potential the Restaurant has if Disney would take the time to do better with the space.

Wait a minute!! Are you saying that the plants we see when riding Living With the Land are plastic? :sad2:

Tomorrowland Speedway and literally all of Dinoland. It's...useless.

Is it cool for kids?
...........Mmmmmm I guess???

But they could have so much more there, and in fact there WAS supposed to be a whole other section of the park about mythical and magical creatures...and that never happened so they went with dinosaurs. To be fair I loved the Dinosaur movie with Aladar but like...not enough to have a whole section of the park dedicated to it, and the ride is merely 'meh'.

I keep meaning to get the Dinosaur ride, and never end up making time for it.

My DS loved the Boneyard play area when he was little, though. - Sometimes, young kids just need a break from the "in the stroller - out of the stroller, so-much-going-on" part of the day, and it does at least give them that.

But I agree the land doesn't have to be so big. I would really have liked to see Beastly Kingdom!

If you eat at Garden Grill for the view outside the rotating circle, then you're kind of missing the point (the food and the characters).
I agree the characters are one of the best interactions and all about the sustainable food. Still that’s what I would change.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter