What about an ABC's of Disney Swap?

OHHH Tags.. great idea !!!! sounds good to me ! Michelle

I'm sorry but if it is just going to be tags than I won't be participating because, although I like them, I just don't use them that much. But keep us updated and do what you'd like, if I think I'd like to participate, then I will.

Since another thread popped up...
If anyone else wants to vote the list, then I will tally those votes.
I got a little discouraged and just put this aside. I really would like to do this.
I mean, I, personally, would like to have a title (vertical or horizontal) and another few elements per letter (depending on what was done). Certainly one little square wouldn't be enough, but a couple of coordinating squares might be. Or a tag and a medium square. Or a large journaling box with lots of embelishments. The letter would need to be included somewhere and maybe even the "title." I would like to do a larger album. Of those who would want to participate if it was this kind of swap, what size would you like to do? Most swaps we do have 11" borders and can be used on the 8 1/2 X 11 or the 12 X 12 size, this would probably be the only thing that would really matter what size album we would want.

HI - I have my Disney CM 7x7 all set to use for my ABC book so I would prefer smaller items (Tags, squares, small journaling boxes - short titles " A is for :xxx " for this swap (or at least something maybe I could trim down) that is why I was so excited about the Tag idea. But I am in reguardless - I might just have to swap out a few things to fit in my book at the end on my own. Michelle

Just a thought -- if each person picks a letter -- 26 people and each person makes a letter journaling box , title or border, a Tag and 2 or 3 squares do you think that would work for both the smaller and larger books ??

I really like the idea of a ABC Disney Swap and I also think sometime after school starts at the end of summer/early fall would be the best time to start this, so keep me updated on WHEN and DEAD LINE!!! I don't do 8.5x11 but a 12x12 or even a 8x8 would work for me. I also think if we just keep this as a char. and ride theme we would be able to accomadant(?sp) more people

bigsis1970 said:
Just a thought -- if each person picks a letter -- 26 people and each person makes a letter journaling box , title or border, a Tag and 2 or 3 squares do you think that would work for both the smaller and larger books ??

As much as I love the idea of this swap, this is too much stuff for me to make. At the least, this would be 5 pieces per person or 130 pieces total. Most pieces are layered so that makes even more. Also, I don't use tags so would have no idea how to make them.

I'm still interested but would have to see what we would be making before I can decide.

I thought that if we do this, it would be for those who want to do an A-Z album. I love the tag idea, but I don't think that it would work to have one tag for an entire page. Maybe we could do another Tag Swap later. I also thought that we should leave the items to the discretion of the person. Some people may be great at squares and others at shaker boxes. I left Borders out because I couldn’t figure out how to make them work for everybody. If someone really HAS to have borders on their page, they can make their own. I know lots of people aren’t really using them any more, though I am.

OK here is my suggestion. Mix 'N Match! You must do a Title (Vertical or horizontal) that is no longer than 6" and any combo of the following that adds up to 2 points.

.5 point - Embellished squares (double matted)
1 point - Matted Poem or song Lyric (double matted/embellished) at least 4x4 space (no handwriting please)
1 point - Frame (embellished)
1 point - Photo Mats (double matted/embellished)
1 point - Shaped Eyelets & fiber (6 per person & 1 yard)
1 point - Journal Box – (double matted) at least a 2x2 writing area
1 point - Tags (double matted) must include either fibers or eyelets in the holes
2 points - Shaker Box
2 points - Paper piecing

(Example: A Title and 4 embellished squares or A title and a paper piecing or A title and a Journaling Box and a tag.)

Other Ideas Welcome! And if you think we need to adjust the points we can. I was just trying to base it on time and money put into it.

What do you think?

This sounds OK to me...I would just like to suggest that we do actual words for titles rather than letters. I don't plan on doing an ABC album, but would love to join in and use the items in my other disney albums. I would probably want to do my own system for labeling the letters on each page so that they were all uniform...if I were doing an ABC album...that's just me though. Also, I'm assuming that we would sign up for a letter (until they are filled up) rather than items (tags, squares, etc.) We would just let everyone know what items we're making after the letter categories fill up. I would think that we wouldn't want to limit the items since we would be creating an entire page for a letter. Am I correct in my assumption?

I like this idea and it sounds much more doable. My only concern would be that we would all end up with copies of the same elements over and over again like a title and 4 embellished squares. But then again, I think I'm one of the few who like making embellished squares.

I also like the idea of signing up for a letter and then signing up for our choice of element. Are we using the standardized list of topics to choose from?

i love being able to pick from the different elements but maybe the person heading up the swap can some how ensure we have different elements - my favorite thing to make is the embellished frames - so TPCShauna - yours and mine would already be different!

I have never done a swap before and this one sounds intense. I love all the ideas that have been put out on the table, and I definately feel inspired to make an ABC book. Is there a place that you post pictures of the swaps, I'd love to see them.

Thanks
Karen :wave:

Thanks Em for the link, looks like there are some very creative people here. I noticed that we will be in Disneyland at the same time, do you know if they are planning anything special for the 17th.

Karen

I'm booked pretty much through the 15-18 but if ya want to have a "mini-meet" let me know and I know me and DLCharmedOne will be around Email me or PM me and we can talk :)

-em

Piratesmate steered me over in this direction.
I went to a Creative Memories crop over the weekend with ajksmom and Linda Scappini was doing a demo on a great Disney book and we immediately thought of the DIS. She did an ABC Disney recipe book. One example was for "D" instead of pigs in blanket it was dogs in a sweater and the page was done with Pluto. Linda's recipes were ones kids could do but you could also do either personal recipes or Disney recipes. Linda's book was the red Disney 8x8 with one page dedicated to each letter. Unfortunately I didn't take pictures of the book but I could recreate a page from memory. Kristy and I thought it could be a cute twist on the swap or at least something else people could use the swap items for. Let me know if anyone has questions about it.

I am currently doing an ABC Disney scrapbook 8x8. I needed something different and it is working out well!! Even though I just finished my "A" pages!! :crazy: I am doing a two page lo on each letter! Couldn't choose just one picture for each letter!! GEEZ I'm anal!! :crazy:

I will be done (maybe :confused3 ) by the time this one gets going so I just wanted to say HAVE FUN!!!

Jackie :earsgirl:

Jackie, I was browsing over on twopeas today, and saw your first LO's for your ABC book. They are sooooo cute! You're such a talented scrapper!

:blush: :blush: :blush: Sweet Maxine: Thank you SO much!! It's a wonderful feeling when someone else likes my work!! :goodvibes :love1: :goodvibes

sconnell said:
OK here is my suggestion. Mix 'N Match! You must do a Title (Vertical or horizontal) that is no longer than 6" and any combo of the following that adds up to 2 points.

.5 point - Embellished squares (double matted)
1 point - Matted Poem or song Lyric (double matted/embellished) at least 4x4 space (no handwriting please)
1 point - Frame (embellished)
1 point - Photo Mats (double matted/embellished)
1 point - Shaped Eyelets & fiber (6 per person & 1 yard)
1 point - Journal Box – (double matted) at least a 2x2 writing area
1 point - Tags (double matted) must include either fibers or eyelets in the holes
2 points - Shaker Box
2 points - Paper piecing

(Example: A Title and 4 embellished squares or A title and a paper piecing or A title and a Journaling Box and a tag.)

Other Ideas Welcome! And if you think we need to adjust the points we can. I was just trying to base it on time and money put into it.

What do you think?

I really like this point system idea! That way every page has a title, and an element or two. And, if the title is 6", you can pretty much use it in any size album. I'm starting to think 8 x 8 might be a good Disney ABC album for me (and I have the CM album).

Jeanne

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter