What about an ABC's of Disney Swap?

sconnell

DIS Veteran
Has anyone ever done an ABC's of Disney Swap? The other new swap thread made me think of this. I've seen those lists of ABC's of Disney ideas. It could be open to 26 people and each could pick a letter. I've always wanted to do an ABC album with my random shots from lots of trips. Say the M page is Mickey and then you could put pics with Mickey from trips throughout the years. This would make it so easy to do an entire album.
What do you think?

I have never participated in a swap but really really want to. I would be interested.
sounds like fun for a first timer.

It sounds kewl- I think we've got alot going on swap wise right now but that sounds like a good counter swap to the ride/park swaps that are about to start so lets keep that in mind for late summer early fall :)-

The ride swap is set to begin in a week just as 2 swaps are ending (Girl Scout and Character Swap) and we are about half way through the Cruise Swap- Notice about the ride swap will be posted tomorrow as a one week warning- and I invite all the new kids to come join us :)

-em

I was just thinking of this idea yesterday!!!! I think it would be a great first timer swap. I'm going to try to get in on the ride/park swap but I would love this idea as an alternate.

If not right now, then I agree with Disneyland Emily about saving it until later this summer.

I like the idea of the ABC's of Disney swap! The only problem is, I'd like to do both that and the ride swap. Hmmmmm, decisions, decisions....

Could we do the ABC's after the ride swap is over?

Well I dont want to get bossy... me? never... :) but what I was thinking is using it as an opposite to either the Ride Swap (unless cruise 2 is going) or the first park swap (so Aug/Sep)(Think of the Cruise Swap and the Charcter Swap- One is peaking/downward swoop while one starting)

The one thing I wonder is how its going to be limited? Because I doubt that anyones As/Bs/Cs are really going to be the same so is it going to be ride/character/food/WDW based? I would think that using A for Aladdin would bring a different feel than A for All Star Sports or A for Autopia (sorry for the DL reference- mind froze)

Just a thought...

-em

I love the idea of an ABC's of Disney swap. One of my scrapping buddies did one for her Disney book and I've always wanted to do one :cool1:

I also like the idea of waiting until the character, Girl Scout, cruise, and ride swaps are almost finished (I like that cycle) which would bring us to summertime.

Should we post a list of ABC ideas that would be more "common" for most of us. For example, I could (but wouldn't) do Alligator Bayou, because I don't think people would want pages of someplace they haven't been.

Has anyone seen/purchased the rhyming ABC's of Disney tags at Scrap Your Trip? Just curious...

Jeanne

I was thinking the same thing as scrapcreator. When can do a more "basic" list that each letter can choose from. That way we'll know what we're getting in advance. I definitely think it should be kept more mainstream, like as in "E" is for Epcot or Ears instead of Elegant Meals. (Sorry, bad choice but I couldn't think of anything else.) :flower:

y'all might want to think about doing it in different groups since an abc swap would entail minimum 26 things. Each person who signs up should send their first 3 choices in or something and only one person per letter. If it gets big then just open a group 2, etc. Of course, one person could sign up for several letters if it wasn't filling up. maggie

I like the idea of having a list to go by. There's really a lot of territory out there to choose from, so that way we'd all be on the same wavelength.

Here is a list that I had. I took out some things that I thought weren't generic enough. I thought I'd pair it down to Magic Kingdom. We can always beef it up to include other parks if we want to.

Magic Kingdom A-Z

A: Adventure Land, Aladdin, Alice in Wonderland, animation, anticipation, Ariel

B: Big Thunder Mountain Railroad, Beauty and the Beast, Buzz Lightyear

C: Chef Mickey, Chip, Cinderella, Cinderella Castle, costumes, Country Bear Jamboree, cute

D: Daisy, Dale, Disney, Doc, Donald Duck, Dopey, Dumbo, Dwarfs, Dream Come True

E: eating, Eeyore, extraordinary, Enchanted Tiki Room

F: Fairy Godmother, Fantasyland, fireworks, Frontierland, fun

G: Goofy, Grand Prix Raceway, Grumpy, Genie, Gift Shops, Good Times, Grin

H: Hall of Presidents, Haunted Mansion, hilarious, hugs, Hi Ho, Hi Ho

I: ice cream, indulge, innocent, It’s a Small World, Imagineering, Imagination

J: Jasmine, John Smith, Jungle Cruise

K: Kanga, kids, King Arthur's Carousel, King Louie, Kodak picture spots

L: Lady and the Tramp, laughter, legs, Liberty Square, Lion King, lost and found, love, luggage, lunch, Little Mermaid, Liberty Bell, Long Lines

M: Magic Kingdom, magical, Main Street, map, Mary Poppins, Mickey Mania, Mickey Mouse, Minnie Mouse, Magic Carpets

N: Nala, naptime, naughty, nice, nighttime, Nighttime Parade, notes (music), Night, Never Never Land, new adventures

O: “Off With Their Heads!”, One Hundred and One Dalmatians, Orlando, Once Upon a Time

P: pennies, Peter Pan, Peter Pan’s Flight, Piglet, Pirates of the Caribbean, Pluto, Pocahontas, Polynesian, Pooh, pool, Princess, Prince Charming, Parades, Pecos Bill's Cafe

Q: Queen of Hearts, quarter, quaint, quick, quarrel, quesy, Quiet Times

R: read, red, Robin Hood, run, Railroad, remember, resting

S: seven dwarfs, Snow White, Snow White’s Adventures, Space Mountain, Spectromagic, Splash Mountain, Swiss Family Robinson Treehouse, Sword in the Stone

T: tea cup ride, Tigger, Tiki birds, Tink, Tomorrowland, Tom Sawyer Island, Toontown, train, tram, transportation, tickets

U: umbrella, unbelievable, Uncle Scrooge, undeniable, under construction, Under the Sea, uniforms, unique, unmistakable, upright

V: vacation, very, visit, Voyage of the Little Mermaid, Villans

W: Walt Disney World, Winnie the Pooh, walking, wonderful

X: Xanthippe, Xcellent!, xoxoxoxoxo,X-tra special, Extraterrorestrial Alien Encounter, xylophone, piXie dust

Y: yahoo, yummy, Yo Ho Yo Ho, Yellow ponchos, Ye Old Christmas Shop

Z: Zzzzz...., zippity doo da

I love the ABC idea and keeping it to the Magic Kingdom. the only reason I've never joined swaps before is that we generally only go to MK. So I hate to get a bunch of stuff I'll never use, you know? This is a great idea!!

Ok, here is my idea, copy and past the list into your new reply and choose an item for each letter, by changing the color or adding a new item with the changed color. We'll see if we can get together on this list.

Here is mine.

Magic Kingdom A-Z

C: Chef Mickey, Chip, Cinderella, Cinderella Castle, costumes, Country Bear Jamboree, cute

L: Lady and the Tramp, laughter, legs, Liberty Square, Lion King, lost and found, love, luggage, lunch, Little Mermaid, Liberty Bell, Long Lines

M: Magic Kingdom, magical, Main Street, map, Mary Poppins, Mickey Mania, Mickey Mouse, Minnie Mouse, Magic Carpets

N: Nala, naptime, naughty, nice, nighttime, Nighttime Parade, notes (music), Night, Never Never Land, new adventures

O: “Off With Their Heads!”, One Hundred and One Dalmatians, Orlando, Once Upon a Time

P: pennies, Peter Pan, Peter Pan’s Flight, Piglet, Pirates of the Caribbean, Pluto, Pocahontas, Polynesian, Pooh, pool, Princess, Prince Charming, Parades, Pecos Bill's Cafe

S: seven dwarfs, Snow White, Snow White’s Adventures, Space Mountain, Spectromagic, Splash Mountain, Swiss Family Robinson Treehouse, Sword in the Stone

T: tea cup ride, Tigger, Tiki birds, Tink, Tomorrowland, Tom Sawyer Island, Toontown, train, tram, transportation, tickets

U: umbrella, unbelievable, Uncle Scrooge, undeniable, under construction, Under the Sea, uniforms, unique, unmistakable, upright

X: Xanthippe, Xcellent!, xoxoxoxoxo,X-tra special, Extraterrorestrial Alien Encounter, xylophone, piXie dust

I would love to join this one !!!

here is mine:
A: Adventure Land, Aladdin, Alice in Wonderland, animation, anticipation, Ariel, Astro Orbitor, Aurora

B: Big Thunder Mountain Railroad, Beauty and the Beast, Buzz Lightyear, Barnstormer, Brer bear & fox & rabbitt,

C: Chef Mickey, Chip, Cinderella, Cinderella Castle, costumes, Country Bear Jamboree, cute , Capt. Hook, Cruella, Cinderellabration, Crystal Palace

D: Daisy, Dale, Disney, Doc, Donald Duck, Dopey, Dumbo, Dwarfs, Dream Come True, Donald's Boat,

E: eating, Eeyore extraordinary, Enchanted Tiki Room,

G: Goofy, Grand Prix Raceway, Grumpy, Genie, Gift Shops, Good Times, Grin, Geppetto

I: ice cream indulge, innocent, It’s a Small World, Imagineering, Imagination

J: Jasmine, John Smith, Jungle Cruise, Judge's tent, Jafar

K: Kanga, kids, King Arthur's Carousel, King Louie, Kodak picture spots,

M: Magic Kingdom, magical, Main Street, map, Mary Poppins, Mickey Mania, Mickey Mouse, Minnie Mouse, Magic Carpets, Mad Hatter, Merlin, Memories, Monorail

P: pennies, Peter Pan, Peter Pan’s Flight, Piglet, Pirates of the Caribbean, Pluto, Pocahontas, Polynesian, Pooh, pool, Princess, Prince Charming, Parades, Pecos Bill's Cafe ,Perla mouse, Pinocchio,

Q: Queen of Hearts, quarters, quaint, quick, quarrel, quesy, Quiet Times, Quasimodo

S: seven dwarfs, Snow White, Snow White’s Adventures, Space Mountain, Spectromagic, Splash Mountain, Swiss Family Robinson Treehouse, Sword in the Stone, Stitch, Smee, Suzy mouse

T: TeaCups , Tigger, Tiki birds, Tink, Tomorrowland, Tom Sawyer Island, Toontown, train, tram, transportation, tickets, Tweedle Dee & Dum, TTA,

Z: Zzzzz...., zippity doo da Zurg

Sounds fabu!! I'm not sure who posted this but I was thinking that we should narrow each letter down to 3 choices that the majority of us agree on so that we will actually be able to use the items we get from the swap. After narrowing down to three, then each person can choose and we should be good to go.

Here's my list!

Magic Kingdom A-Z

Here are my votes to narrow it down...

Magic Kingdom A-Z

Q: Queen of Hearts, quarter, quaint, quick, quarrel, quesy, Quiet Times, quack

R: read, red, Robin Hood, run, Railroad, remember the magic, resting

christinadei said:
we generally only go to MK.
WHAT!!! :earseek: You don't know what you're missing!!!! :cloud9: MK is my FAV, but I LOVE the other parks!!! (OK I feel better now!!)

Here are my votes!!! :crazy:

Z: Zzzzz...., zippity doo da, ZURG

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter