We're Going to Have a Lot of Big Protests!

So this brings up another question. Which way do you think this should be handled? I think we may have to fight this out in the courts, much like they did in Loving v. Virginia. Peacefull protests may help, but it's pretty obvious putting our rights up for a vote is not working.

Yep. I agree. If the courts analyze the situation and say, "hey, this isn't really a legal definition" then people start to wake up.

It happened/worked here anyway. There are still people who argue that it's wrong, but, they know that nobody really cares what they think.

I still disagree with Rob on this. If we rescued orphans from a burning building, those people that think homosexuality is a sin would still call us hero sodomites. I think we are going to have to be obnoxious and visible and demand our rights whether they like it or not.At this point I think the courts are going to be our best chance.

So this brings up another question. Which way do you think this should be handled? I think we may have to fight this out in the courts, much like they did in Loving v. Virginia. Peacefull protests may help, but it's pretty obvious putting our rights up for a vote is not working.

This is definitely a case for the courts, we can't let people relegate second class citizenship to a minority because they have a right to vote. They've fought what they call the activist judges ruling under the guise that it's not the people's will yet the function of courts is to administer justice and equity. When equal rights and status for gays and lesbians is reduced to a civil right under the 14th amendment, they will have to be honest and state that gays and lesbians aren't equal because they're not like "us." This isn't about redefining marriage or whether or not gays and lesbians make good soldiers. It's about being taxpaying law abiding citizens with NO VOICE in government. And we're Americans, that's what pisses me off.

On a lighter note, did you catch the story on Jeb? Seems he may run for Senator, can you say "grooming for a presidential bid"?

I'll pay to get front row when he debates Palin!

"I can see Russia"

"Well I can see Cuba!" :rotfl2:
:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

For the love of christ on a crutch the last thing we need is Jebbie running the country.

We couldn't be that tragic could we; to elect THREE Bushes to the presidency?

Ladies and Gentlemen...I give you the great Pat Boone! :sad2:

"Pretty rotten thing that happened in Mumbai, huh?

Grand old hotel, in an increasingly progressive and prosperous India: Suddenly, hundreds of innocent, unsuspecting people are hostages, some of them being systematically murdered. Bombs are exploding, people are screaming, military are descending into the chaos, TV crews are coming from everywhere to broadcast the carnage worldwide.

When the dust begins to settle after many horrifying hours, the body count has reached nearly 200, and many more are injured and emotionally scarred for the rest of their lives.
Thank God, it couldn't happen here. Could it?

Look around. Watch your evening news. Read your newspaper.

Are you unaware of the raging demonstrations in our streets, in front of our churches and synagogues, even spilling into these places of worship, and many of these riots turning defamatory and violent? Have you not seen the angry distorted faces of the rioters, seen their derogatory and threatening placards and signs, heard their vows to overturn the democratically expressed views of voters, no matter what it costs, no matter what was expressed at the polls? Twice?

I refer to California's Proposition 8."

http://www.worldnetdaily.com/index.php?fa=PAGE.view&pageId=82830

Who is this guy? The modern day Anita Bryant? :confused3

Yes. Yes he is. And what a lying pig he is.

Hopefully, most people will read that and think, "Huh? Where? I'm not seeing any of that in my home town or on television..."

OK EVERYONE!!! LISTEN UP!!! NO WHITE BUC SHOES ALLOWED EVER AGAIN!!!!

I am so tired of all these crazy people being given a platform.

I'm crazy too! Where's my platform :mad:

Okay, O'Mike. I'll give you that one. :thumbsup2

I'm with you King. Anyone who can manage to stuff their stupid face in front of a camera is out there spewing their ignorance.

I mean, seriously. When was the last time you heard a word from Pat Boone? I thought he was freaking dead for g-d sake. :sad2:

So let me get this right? This is the guy who is going on about how deviant we are right? :rotfl2:

Nice coller Pat! :thumbsup2

c.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter