We're Going to Have a Lot of Big Protests!

kingLouiethe1

<font color=red> Banned at Fred Segal's, unpleasan
It may not change anything, but it's going to make me feel better! I will post pictures for all of you tomorrow!

Oh, 7pm, on San Vicente between Santa Monica and Melrose, in case any of you local lurkers want to join!

Thanks, Louie! Do it for yourselves, and do it for us. Having a protest is at least a constructive way to vent some frustration!

Looking forward to seeing the photos.

I heard about the protest in Hollywood, but heard about it too late for me to join. I wish I could have gone, but my spirit and thoughts are with everyone out there tonight. Good luck! :cheer2:

I attended the Keep Fighting Prop 8 protest in San Francisco last night and wrote a letter to the editor of the San Francisco Chronicle about it in case it is not too late to influence public opinion in a hopefully helpful manner.

Since my marriage is to a member of the opposite sex, perhaps I had no business seeking comfort from the gay community last night. Yet I went to the steps of City Hall seeking relief from my own sorrow about the outcome of Prop 8. Same-sex couples value marriage and want it so badly while "straight" people have been mocking the institution for decades. Maybe Prop 8 took marriage away from the wrong orientation.

I don't even think that "straight" is an appropriate term for heterosexual relationships anyway. If I am straight, doesn't that make a gay person bent?

Why is same-sex marriage everybody's business anyway? People have sometimes asked me "What did you marry that *** for?" after they have met my husband. To be honest I have questioned my own orientation from time to time, but my husband and I are legally family and the thought of never seeing him again is devastating to me.

If same-sex couples want what I have enough to take it to the streets, I do understand.

From what I saw on a YouTube clip last night, it looked like there was a pretty good turn-out.

It may not change anything, but it's going to make me feel better! I will post pictures for all of you tomorrow!

Good for you Louie!:thumbsup2
Don't forget to makeup of TV cameras incase you get on the tube!

Well, it did make me feel better being sad and angry with lots of other sad and angry people, even if it might not have changed anything. I guess now we just wait for more legal fights, here's some pics, great turnout, good vibes, and I haven't cried once today, so good for me.

flag.jpg

crowd.jpg

me.jpg

sign.jpg

signs2.jpg

Thanks for sharing, I have been sooo depressed about Prop 8.
Just need to make it to the weekend so I can refocus on what is really important?
Don

I like your snazzy sweater- :thumbsup2
and your defiant "take that you oppressor" fist!

I saw the protest on CNN this afternoon. It was cool to be able to say "I know people there!"

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter