We Need Your Input! Tell Us What You Want!

What format would you like to see the most? Please read thread first!

• Option 1 - one board, no off topic

• Option 2 - one board, small community sub board

• Option 3 - One subject as main board - sub boards for others - on topic only

• Option 4 - one board as main, subs for others including a small community

• Option 5 - Main board small community, topic boards branching off into sub boards from top of main

Results are only viewable after voting.
pattyT said:
I am whining :)

I think it is ridiculous that the 'squeaky wheel always gets the oil' :rolleyes:
We scrappers have been here for years - doing our thing - we get name changes, and roll with it, new things added, no big, then all of a sudden everything is a big deal and chaos about who what where...
none of the decisions are based on common sense but on what so and so wants...
we never asked for anything...
besides an occassional Sticky...
I will still stand on my ORGANIZE IT RIGHT
home = cooking, cleaning, gardening, homeimprovement - whatever...
crafts = scrapbooking, photography, t-shirts, embroidery, quilting - whatever
DO the right thing - not just what a few individuals want...

Can't we all just get along?

:rotfl:
Soccer Princess said:
:love1: and :banana: ???

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

(I'm not going to get in trouble for that right? lol)

again :rotfl: :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

and Paul I don't think anyone is NOT getting along -
I don't think I said that in my post you quoted...
Polls should NOT be taken if they are not going to be followed through with -
that would be like Voting for the class president - but then the VP picks who they want anyways.....

I have to admit I'm pretty confused as to the original purpose of the poll now... 5 pages later. What exactly was the reason why things needed to be changed at all?

:confused3 :confused3 Because we are adding the Garden board here too. Atleast, I think that is what is going on.

OK here is what I understand -
which could be incorret...
but it is what I gethered from it -

The t-shirt people felt as though they had to stay on that one moster thread or the posts they made would get bumbed and lost in the srapping, cooking, misc posts...

THEN they decided to add the gardening forum in too

which would make the entire situation even worse...

so they were going to make sub forums...

or reorganize somehow - hense the poll

but now the t-shirt people have a new forum all to themselves...

so I see no need for any change - jmo of course!
I have always enjoyed seeing the other thread titles that are not related to why I am here - I have learned cooking things that I would not normally have gone to another forum for...
if I have a thread that gets lost - i go get ir and bump her up! no big...

please feel free to correct me if I am wrong...

I was thinking the same thing .

Cyndi

mommie2angels said:
I am like Maggie and would like to know what the mods are trying to accomplish. I guess I am wondering what started all this change? Are we trying to downsize or what? I think Patty has a wonderful plan! Of course I love Buffy's idea too because it sounds like Chatterbox paper. LOL!!!

julia & nicks mom said:
ML and Kayla will pour there heart and soul into this place - if you know anything about WPASADI - you know that they don't do anything half-way - give them a chance - embrace the change - you might just like it!!!!

First off
Thanks for the Vote of confidence Julia & Nicks mom

I don't remebmber who here said it and now i can't find the post but someone asked why have a poll if the results are ignored??

I don't see how we are ignoring the poll it hasn't even closed yet
and i would like to repeat WE DID NOT HAVE TO ASK we could have just chosen what the three of us could agree on gotten that approved by the powers that be and ran with it but WE as a group of MODS decided to give you a voice and ask what you wanted so hence the poll

the fact that these boards will change is a FACT we are just trying to see what is the best "fit" for them

Really the t shirt thread move was a surprise to me to but that is irrelavant to "our" board

As soon as the poll closes we will move on but giving you a voice was something we thought you all deserved

Ladies, I am new to this moderating stuff & I am waiting to hear from Lauri. I am not trying to ignore anyone.

ok, first off to judithm, I know you are new to the moderating side and I in no way think you have been ignoring us. :)

as to the above post from kaylajr. personally, I have no idea who you are (and I'm sure you could say the same to me) but an introduction from the new mods might be nice before you go all "heavy" on us. and I quote: (and i would like to repeat WE DID NOT HAVE TO ASK we could have just chosen what the three of us could agree on gotten that approved by the powers that be and ran with it but WE as a group of MODS decided to give you a voice and ask what you wanted so hence the poll)

I think that it's not so much that change is coming but y'all asked us for our opinions and we gave them but they aren't what you wanted. Sorry. And we still have no idea WHY the boards have to merge, all y'all keep saying is "well they have too". I think patty t's idea for the board merge is a good one, but it doesn't fit your poll. Does that mean you won't consider it?

Will the tshirts be merged in again with our new oh so happy boards? How about photography?

maggie

I'll bet ya after all this- there willl NEVER be another poll asking what we'd like! If I was a moderator, that's what I'd do. ALL of these people volunteer their time (as far as I know). I'm not gonna knock anyone for trying hard to make people feel involved or happy. You can't make everyone happy MODS- so you may as well just do what you think is best and let it go from there. Thanks for trying to involve us to make us happy though!

Diplomacy ... is the art and practice of conducting negotiations between accredited persons

well -
geez
they post a poll about potential changes..
then overnight
BAM "they" make changes
so it does appear as thought the poll was an irrelevant smokescreen for changes that already determined....

You are right noone ever had to ask -
noone did before -
we rolled with the punches - no big

kaylajr said:
First off
Thanks for the Vote of confidence Julia & Nicks mom

I don't remebmber who here said it and now i can't find the post but someone asked why have a poll if the results are ignored??

I don't see how we are ignoring the poll it hasn't even closed yet
and i would like to repeat WE DID NOT HAVE TO ASK we could have just chosen what the three of us could agree on gotten that approved by the powers that be and ran with it but WE as a group of MODS decided to give you a voice and ask what you wanted so hence the poll

the fact that these boards will change is a FACT we are just trying to see what is the best "fit" for them

Really the t shirt thread move was a surprise to me to but that is irrelavant to "our" board

As soon as the poll closes we will move on but giving you a voice was something we thought you all deserved

I know it is weird to quote myself but I posted this at 8:06 am eastern and it was post number 67........
GrayFal said:
Since the "T-Shirt People" have had their way and gotten their own sub-board on the Theme Park Board where they came from -
and where they wanted to be ......

PLEASE leave this board the same - and add a new sub-board on the top for the gardeners.....

This is how they handled it on the cruise board...they did away with 3 separate boards and
made the "cruise reports" & "cruise meets" 2 subs of the general :boat: CRUISE....

So wha da ya THINK ?????
....off to work......can't wait to get home to see how this 'drama' unfolds.​

and now it is 8:19 pm and this is post 118ish.....wow.

I have visited the new "Homemade WDW T-shirts" Board and see the following post.....

Baloo said:
Having seperate posts is how I "pictured" us over on the Crafts Board but it just didn't work that way but it is working and y'all are doing it here!!! :Pinkbounc I'm thrilled it's going so well!

The WM were brillant when they came up with the sub board idea.There will be some more sub boards added to TPAS.A Happy Dance board will be coming ...so everyone will have a place to post their countdown happy dances and it won't be clogging up the main page of TPAS.

If there are any other threads over on Crafts that y'all want transferred over here,send me the link and I'll get someone to do it. :flower:
SEE how happy Baloo is to have what we have here NOW....Separate posts all related to the same thing..in their case the following threads......

Who wants to help?
tye-dye rubberbanding ?
major help needed from the t-shirt experts!
Shirt Trip Reports
Hi - my name is .....
All references to "poop" go here

Now here is an example of CCS - this boards posts....

Care to share your Chili recipes?
thanks to the silent setter people
scrappers - what's your favorite method of adhesive?
New to Scrapping ...
Help with Appletini Gift Basket
***Holiday card/gift tag swap*** STATUS ~*~ DD 11/15 - one week left!

Okay....you get the picture.....Soooo, I still say that keeping this board the same with an addiction of a sub-group for the Gardeners is the way to go....

I will be emailing/pm-ing Web Master Pete when I finish with this post.

kaylajr said:

I REALLY hope this was not as harsh as it seems.....

Here's my 2 cents....

The mods have been told to change things. They are willing to hear our input before they do things and I think that is generous of them (I'm not being sarcastic).

But I think Patty has come up with the most sensible and logical change that many of us agree on. Of course, what seems logical to one person (or people) many not to others. I think because we feel it is logical but not one of the options that was given, and none of the mods has commented on it (correct me if I am wrong), we are not going to be heard.

We are all going to have to see what tomorrow brings. It is obvious what option won and how we all feel, but I speaking for myself, I hope our community does not get broken up. I am far from being in the "In" crowd here, but I enjoy my on-line friends and I want to be able to stay in touch with them the same as I did yesterday.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter