We Need Your Input! Tell Us What You Want!

What format would you like to see the most? Please read thread first!

• Option 1 - one board, no off topic

• Option 2 - one board, small community sub board

• Option 3 - One subject as main board - sub boards for others - on topic only

• Option 4 - one board as main, subs for others including a small community

• Option 5 - Main board small community, topic boards branching off into sub boards from top of main

Results are only viewable after voting.
WOW -
GREAT analogy- you hit the nail RIGHT ON THE HEAD Cyndi -
thank you!
nicki dahling said:
On the Cosby show one time Dr. Huxtable explained to his daughter who showed up with her new fiancee ( not havin known about there even being a boyfriend ) the difference in presenting a nice steak w/potato on a plate with china and crystal versus on a trashcan top. I think some of us feel that this was presented on a trashcan top and we were just suppose to eat it without complaint. Sometimes it is how things are presented. And this whole thing has left a bad taste in my mouth. ( the little comments about what you could have done without asking and especially the comments from the t-shirt people-for lack of a better name about being glad to be off the over the board).

In answer to the question about the poll that you all keep asking, I think most voted for the lesser of two evils , but would have prefered to just be left alone. It saddens me that we have become the t-shirt people, the mod people, the scrapbook people and the garden people and that we seemed to have forgot what brought us all here in the first place. DISNEY !!!!!! I am sure this is not what Walt would have wanted, and I am just as sure that this is not what Pete wanted when he started these boards ( By the way, thanks Pete for a great site, despite the "theatre" sometimes. As an african american women who embraces all people I say again "CAN"T WE ALL JUST GET ALONG " ? :confused3

And now that I have gotten that off my chest , I will be retiring to lurking because frankly my bp can't take this and there is way to much more in life to me that is more important.

Cyndi princess:

Well said Cyndi, but please don't leave us! I know that I for one will really miss you! Joyce

Cyndi,

I was just thinking the other day, I haven't seen you around much lately. I was hoping nothing was wrong. Glad to see you back here.

Could you explain what this means:
Posted by Baloo on the Tshirt board

And sub boards are available on ALL the boards now at the discretion of that boards Moderators..

If I am reading that quote correctly the mods have the ability to add or not add sub boards to the board they are moderating. It is an option.

And as for the voting I voted for #5 because it was the lesser of all evils. I personally feel add a sub board for Gardening and leave the rest alone. See how that goes and then see what changes need to be made later on.

Spinning said:
Could you explain what this means:
Posted by Baloo on the Tshirt board

If I am reading that quote correctly the mods have the ability to add or not add sub boards to the board they are moderating. It is an option.

And as for the voting I voted for #5 because it was the lesser of all evils. I personally feel add a sub board for Gardening and leave the rest alone. See how that goes and then see what changes need to be made later on.

It means that the ability to have sub boards is now available to any of the boards that feel they need to use them to help the flow of the board and what they are added for is initiated by input from the moderators to the webmasters. In other words, if a board has a subject that is clearly different from the others and quite popular to the point that it dominates on it's own (like during the beginning of the war in Iraq, the posts about the war dominated the CB.. same with Hurricane Katrina), the moderators are able to split the sub topic off onto a sub board to help the flow of the board, so that less popular topics do not get overlooked. Before it was the discretion of the webmasters, now the moderators can initiate the change. Does that clear it up at all?

Spinning said:

Amen! I agree 100%.

nicki dahling said:
On the Cosby show one time Dr. Huxtable explained

Cyndi, great analogy! I have a teacher friend uses a similar presentation using a peanut butter sandwich & potato chips to demonstrate what she expects for graded work. Paper plate, thin paper napkin vs. good china, tablecloth & cloth napkin .. maybe you had to be there :).

IMPORTANT!

I have spoken to one of the webmasters regarding the situation at hand - the merging of the flower and garden board and how to restructure so that everything works once it's done. I've told them that you guys are upset and between that, the t-shirt issue and us being new to you guys, it seems that now is not the best time to be doing this and they agreed that we can postpone the changes for now. Doesn't mean that in the future, we won't have to merge flower and garden over and make some new arrangements, it just means that for now we are going to take some time to relax, calm down and not have to have anyone up their blood pressure medicine ;) When will we have to revisit the changes? That I don't know, but when we do we will all make the best of it, okay?

In the meantime, thank you everyone for your input, whether you voted, posted on the thread or PM'd me. I appreciate all sides that were presented in the discussion. :)

JudithM said:
So why aren't Flower & Garden being moved over here?

Judith, we will merge eventually, just not right now. I don't want any more upset feelings and I just don't think the time is right to make changes and I asked for it to be put on the back burner for now.

MeanLaureen said:
Judith, we will merge eventually, just not right now. I don't want any more upset feelings and I just don't think the time is right to make changes and I asked for it to be put on the back burner for now.

Thank you - I'm a rabid gardener, passionate scrapbooker, decent cook AND a photographer as well, BUT I am happy - VERY HAPPY that you went to bat for our happy place. :cloud9:

Gray Fal said it right - I, for one, chose number 5 because it was the lessor of 5 evils. If it had gotten more stressful to be here than it was fun, I would have been history.

Just out of curiousity - and I don't want you guys to think I'm trying to start something because this is just out of me being curious - what is the main reason you guys are against choice 5 and having a place to chat and topic boards? And would you be likely to be more open to it if it was divided into (and I apologize for not remembering who suggested it) 2 subboards with one being home (cooking and gardening) and the other being crafts/scrapping?

oooh! oooooh! pick me, pick me! I think (at least for me) it was the way it happened. suddenly we were informed that change was going to happen and it didn't matter if we liked it or not and here were are choices. Right now, it's a nice board, you have a little of this, a little of that. I like reading the cooking posts, but I tend to skip the craft ones (except perhaps the x stitch cause I'm not usually in a crafty mood). It's nice to be able to randomly post about dd and irish dance, or target or whatever, enabling alerts, etc. and then the tshirt people got particularly rude and were all being snotty (sorry, just how I saw it) and then they got their own board back which was like sticking a knife in our backs because quite frankly tshirts is a craft, end of conversation. So that's why I got bent. :)

as to the second part of your question, I wouldn't mind house and home or whatever it was, we can all make rooms in the chatterbox (brand of scrap paper) house and play nice. Well, ok most of us can... and if we can't, well there is always the alley behind the house right? :rotfl2: maggie

Laureen,
First I want to say thank you! I really feel you are listening to us, care about this board and want what is best for all of us!
So thank you for actually reading our post and answering the questions we ask.

The main reason why I don't want the boards to merge or become sub boards. I love reading the threads inter twinned. I am not the best cook but I have gotten some amazing recipes that I can actually cook. I wouldn't have if it was on a cooking board. Because to be honest I would go there for
1. To only post a question. I really wouldn't take the time to read it.
But when it is just here and there something catches my eye I look.
2. Crafts! I love crafts but have no time or patients. But I love to look at other people's ideas. So again I would only go to that board if I had a question.
So for me it is just the variety and the eye catching things. Heck I now make Christmas ornaments due to this board...no sew fleece pillows (major feat there!)
I have made frozen chicken in wonderful marinades. I have even found out how to make cookie gift jars! Who knew!

So this board with all it's content is great! Yes I do skip some threads but I also read a lot of threads I would never read if they weren't staring me in the face.

I guess I think of the community board, when they moved the happy birthday to the sub board...I never look. Horrible I know but jsut takes to much time....

I too, like to scan through all the posts. I do a lot of crafts, like to cook and of course scrap. And I don't read everything all the time, but even when I am in a hurry, sometimes a title catches my eye and I will take a quick look, and then get back to it when I have more time. If things were on different forums, I might miss them altogher when I am just checking in quickly. Everyone on these boards has always gotten along so well. We never have any controversy,(except one time about what is safe to put in our albums, but even that got resolved quickly). So the feelings of leave it as it is, is because there haven't been any problems with the way it is. It all goes back to the "If it ain't broke, don't fix it". I don't think I would mind having the flower and garden as a sub-forum, I would probably look there at times. Now I do forget it is on the boards.

MeanLaureen said:
Just out of curiousity - and I don't want you guys to think I'm trying to start something because this is just out of me being curious - what is the main reason you guys are against choice 5 and having a place to chat and topic boards? And would you be likely to be more open to it if it was divided into (and I apologize for not remembering who suggested it) 2 subboards with one being home (cooking and gardening) and the other being crafts/scrapping?
I said I wouldn't comment so to answer your question I quote myself :teeth: a logical, calm person.........​
GrayFal said:

Anyway, I have REALLY enjoyed these boards the way they are....a little cooking with lots of scrapping and general advice...
I think the swaps and Cjs and Monthly Challenges and photo advice and tools and TARGET (maggie sweetie) Alerts will continue on the new 'sub' Scrap group - as they are ALL relative to us.....

So I am heading back to page one to vote for number FIVE as the least of all evils
GrayFal said:
This is my last comment .....

Option Five was chosen (and the people who DID post a comment clearly stated the following) because it was the least offensive choice to us as we watch our community being rippped apart.
All the other options threatened to take away our ability to 'chat'......aka 'community'.

Thanking you in advance......

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter