We Need Your Input! Tell Us What You Want!

What format would you like to see the most? Please read thread first!

• Option 1 - one board, no off topic

• Option 2 - one board, small community sub board

• Option 3 - One subject as main board - sub boards for others - on topic only

• Option 4 - one board as main, subs for others including a small community

• Option 5 - Main board small community, topic boards branching off into sub boards from top of main

Results are only viewable after voting.
GrayFal said:
Okay....you get the picture.....Soooo, I still say that keeping this board the same with an addiction of a sub-group for the Gardeners is the way to go....

I will be emailing/pm-ing Web Master Pete when I finish with this post.

You Go Girl :banana: :banana: :banana:

nicurn said:
as to the above post from kaylajr. personally, I have no idea who you are (and I'm sure you could say the same to me) but an introduction from the new mods might be nice before you go all "heavy" on us. and I quote: (and i would like to repeat WE DID NOT HAVE TO ASK we could have just chosen what the three of us could agree on gotten that approved by the powers that be and ran with it but WE as a group of MODS decided to give you a voice and ask what you wanted so hence the poll)

maggie

Maggie - I was reading your post and thought you might feel better reading these threads - where MeanLaureen, Kaylajr and judith introduced themselves

http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=945762

http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=949751

pattyT said:
:confused3

5_8_5.gif

Pick me up off the floor!! :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

kelleigh1 said:
On another note...I did direct a friend of mine to this board after she joined the site because she does some scrapbooking and card-making. She posted a thread and didn't receive a single response to it or her other posts. I'm sure that you don't intentionally alienate people, but it does seem that you've all grown so close that it is hard for "outsiders" to join the group and that can be quite intimidating.

I wasn't a scrapper when I started on the DIS. I found this board and felt embraced by all of the people already scrapping. I asked questions until I was blue in the face and always received responses...sometimes even PM's. I feel that the people here do embrace the newbies. JMO.

I was just getting ready to go to bed and realized that you mods think we are mad at YOU and that were being a bunch of 'arss's'
it is NOT you - the current mods of the group we have a problem with at all.
I realize that some posts can come accross as hostile - from bolth sides of the camp here...
I think you have been put in a bad postion by someone else...
you are left with a mess to clean by someone else...
whatever you all decide to do is fine..
I would just recommend a decision be made soon so we can go about our merry way :)

ohhh also might I suggest a sticky with a link to the the shirt forum.

now pass be the popcorn and Ill have a twisted wild grape with that...

karebear1 said:
I'll bet ya after all this- there willl NEVER be another poll asking what we'd like! If I was a moderator, that's what I'd do. ALL of these people volunteer their time (as far as I know). I'm not gonna knock anyone for trying hard to make people feel involved or happy. You can't make everyone happy MODS- so you may as well just do what you think is best and let it go from there. Thanks for trying to involve us to make us happy though!
Yes we are volunteer
and I agree we will never be able to make everyone happy

I am gonna try to answer some of the comments in the next few posts but I can't answer everyones we will have to wait fro MeanLaureen on some of these

nicurn said:
as to the above post from kaylajr. personally, I have no idea who you are (and I'm sure you could say the same to me) but an introduction from the new mods might be nice before you go all "heavy" on us. and I quote: (and i would like to repeat WE DID NOT HAVE TO ASK we could have just chosen what the three of us could agree on gotten that approved by the powers that be and ran with it but WE as a group of MODS decided to give you a voice and ask what you wanted so hence the poll)

Okay first off we did do an intoduction a week or so ago telling you about us when Lauri (meanlaureen) announced the MOD move
sorry if you missed it
anything you want to know just ask :)

And I am not getting all heavy on anyof you I just did that in caps so you all wouldn't miss it that's all

I understand you think we are coming in here and tearing your home apart but we really are gonna make it better and BTW what do you mean the option WE want isn't what YOU want
looks to me like the majoirity of people here want #5 which BTW is the one I voted for and is the one MeanLaureen has been talking about from day 1
soi guess i am confused by your comment :confused3

once this poll closes this morning and Meanlaureen gets back here
things will work out

pattyT said:
well -
geez
they post a poll about potential changes..
then overnight
BAM "they" make changes
so it does appear as thought the poll was an irrelevant smokescreen for changes that already determined....

You are right noone ever had to ask -
noone did before -
we rolled with the punches - no big

Okay let me clear this up
The T shirt thread move Has really NOTHING to do with how OUR new board here will function
It was one thread here that just got moved back to it's orginal home
so NO the poll is not and irrelevant smokescreen it is still to determine how the new cooking crafting scrapbooking flower and garden board shall run

pattyT said:
I was just getting ready to go to bed and realized that you mods think we are mad at YOU and that were being a bunch of 'arss's'
it is NOT you - the current mods of the group we have a problem with at all.
I realize that some posts can come accross as hostile - from bolth sides of the camp here...
I think you have been put in a bad postion by someone else...
you are left with a mess to clean by someone else...
whatever you all decide to do is fine..
I would just recommend a decision be made soon so we can go about our merry way :)

ohhh also might I suggest a sticky with a link to the the shirt forum.

now pass be the popcorn and Ill have a twisted wild grape with that...

your right it does come across from some of the posts that you guys are mad at us
I guess I am just confused :confused3
We come here intruduce ourselves and than "meet" behind the scence to talk about how we will merge the F&G board because we HAVE to do that
so it is brought up that a poll would be a way of including you all in the renovations of our new home
GREAT IDEA we think so ML posts it and WOW
who ever thought 8 pages later the uproar here

I don't understand why you think the poll meant nothing
or why somethink we arenot going with the majority
the poll hasn't closed yet and while it is pretty apparent which option will won
(BTW that is the one I voted for too) we have to wait till the poll closes and than there is a bit of behind the scenes juggling to get it all moved around

So could someone NICELY and SIMPLY explain EXACTLY what you are all up in arms about ???????PLEASE

My feeling is that option 5 is the most like what we have now - which we've been doing fine with, imho. I certainly wouldn't want 'off topic' topics banned. Too many rules stifle creativity and conversation. It will be nice to find the cooking, gardening and scrapping threads easily, and the t-shirt folks could have their own subdivision, too.

Oh well obviously I came late to this quesitona nd didn't read all 9 pages of posts so i missed that the tshirt folks already have a board of their own. But I stand with what I said above - too many rules stifle creativity and coversation. I'm an old lady and believe the fewer rules the better.

This board has been doing fine - little controversy, lots of welcome - I think y'all mods are hearing resistance because folks don't really like change, even if it IS for the better and most are of the mind you gotta prove it's better first! I'm of the mind if it ain't broke - don't fix it! because there's plenty in this world that IS broke and does need fixing.

kaylajr said:
So could someone NICELY and SIMPLY explain EXACTLY what
you are all up in arms about ???????PLEASE

I will try to explain briefly because I have to go to school this morning.

A poll was started. In my opinion, many people feel option five is "the lesser of the evils" or the best out of the five choices. People have asked questions, myself included (behind the scenes), & are not receiving any info/guidance as to where the powers above us want/expect us to be headed.

I would prefer to use the KISS principle - Keep It Simple S .... Bring over the Flower & Garden board as a sub-board & leave the rest alone for awhile until we see how it all plays out. What currently exists has been working, so leave it alone for now. Otherwise we'll continue to get into comments & thoughts about the t-shirt sub-board or the photography board or whatever else.

And PattyT, I can honestly say from my perspective the changes were not already determined at least not by me.

Here is what I posted on November 3:

"Thanks for the welcomes to Kaylajr & me! This has been a whirlwind week for me & being asked to be a moderator was a pleasant surprise!

As for names, sub forums, etc. ... bottom line ... I'm not sure ... here are some of my random, personal thoughts:

I know when this cooking, crafting, scrapping first came about I thought it should have been called something like "arts & crafts" or "hobbies" or something along those lines. I haven't had a problem wading through the various subjects on the Cooking, Crafting, Scrapping board. Actually I like seeing/reading the mixture.

When I first heard this board & flower & gardening would be merging, my first thought was something about the home - inside & out. Cindy/Goofymom/pop's thoughts about a "patchwork" caught my eye, too. I think we need to brainstorm more about a title.

Sub forums ... I know we are trying to put a lot of interests into this one board. I think back to when the collector's board created a subboard for just pin trading. Some folks were not crazy about the separation. I know I for one didn't read it as much as I would have read the posts mixed in with the collector's other posts. Of course, another factor might have been that my pin trading days became less & less as my scrapping days became more & more . Anyone who was/is into pin trading knows it can be expensive. I chose to spend my $$$ on scrapping.

I know the DVC board folks, myself included, were somewhat confused when the board was divided into two subboards. I know the moderators tried hard to explain the changes. Now I just read both DVC boards .

I realize change is hard in the beginning, but there is change all around us in our every day life."

Off to school to work on a federal holiday :(!

another question.
In the past the boards (all not just this one) were maintain to stay on topic, and if someone posted something that belonged on another board it would be moved. This seemed to go in spurts and at times, post didn't move.
My question with the Tshirt boad, which I truely never knew exsited if we have questions and we post on here or other come to post here will they be moved?
i think these are some of the problems I am having. when the merge of the flower board came over here, I felt it was just going to be plopped down into the board with even threads intertwind. I have to be honest I never go to any of the sub boards on the other boards. So that was a change I didn't care for.
Then this tshirt thing just confussed the heck out of me. It is/was a bizzar us against them which made no sense. I never knew a thread like that existed till it was moved over here. And while it was here it sparked new conversation and even had some of us non crafty/sewing type thinking.....

Change is always tough and the way things are presented especially when in only type it can really stress people out as you can see by all of these postings.

Whoa. Everyone just back up here a few steps.

First off, I want to let everyone know that my absense from this thread yesterday had nothing to do with the problem that erupted. There will be times that I am gone for a day or two because I have a very debilitating autoimmune disease that can literally take me off my feet for a day or two because I am in so much pain. So if anyone thinks I was gone just because I was moving things around or didn't want the heat - wrong. I wish it was just that.

Second - Kayla, JudithM and I did NOT have anything to do with moving the T-Shirt thread, NOR were we even informed ahead of time that it WAS moving. Apparently that was something cooked up (geez, even when I'm upset I still make puns) by a TPAS mod. Nothing was ever said to me and I'm sure nothing was ever said to Kayla or Judith because they seem to be just as surprised as I am by the entire mess. I would really appreciate it that you would at least give me the benefit of the doubt and wait 24 hours for me to come back and give you guys an answer before you accuse me of doing something I didn't do.

Third - There are some of you that are very passionate about how the board should be, and I commend you for that. I know you guys are thinking "if it ain't broke, don't fix it". I understand how you feel about that, but you have to remember one thing, you guys are veterans of this board. You are used to it and many of you grew along with it. One of my main reasons I wanted to do the poll was qualified by the results. Look at the results to the poll. Last I checked, 102 people had voted. Look at the overwhelming number of people that picked option 5 for the sub boards. Look back at this thread, have 102 people voiced their opinions in posts? No. They might not feel comfortable with voicing their opinions on the board. Maybe they lurk daily but are overwhelmed and don't feel comfortable posting. This wasn't a tight race.. option 5 won by a landslide. And you know what? It's not going to change the board that much. The only difference is that you won't have threads for 4 different subjects all jumbled up together, in addtion to that, you guys will have a place where off topic chat and getting to know each other is ENCOURAGED!

Okay, I've gotten most of this off my chest. I have to go to work now but I hope that you understand now that the poll IS real, I'm not blowing up some smokescreen to hide my diabolical plan of ruining your home here and we had NO IDEA that anything was going on with the T-Shirt thread. And while I have thicker skin after moderating for 4 years, I would appreciate it if you guys would go a little lighter on Kayla and Judith who have only been at this for a week.. there is nothing more upsetting as a new mod than feeling like the entire board wants to lynch you, especially for something you didn't do. :guilty:

Spinning.. If you were to post a question here on how to make a T Shirt for your trip, I personally would not move it to that board because I feel that is a craft and fits perfectly here. I would only move it if you asked me to.

Thank you.

Cyndi

dreams91 said:
I wasn't a scrapper when I started on the DIS. I found this board and felt embraced by all of the people already scrapping. I asked questions until I was blue in the face and always received responses...sometimes even PM's. I feel that the people here do embrace the newbies. JMO.

MeanLaureen said:
Third - There are some of you that are very passionate about how the board should be, and I commend you for that. I know you guys are thinking "if it ain't broke, don't fix it". I understand how you feel about that, but you have to remember one thing, you guys are veterans of this board. You are used to it and many of you grew along with it. One of my main reasons I wanted to do the poll was qualified by the results. Look at the results to the poll. Last I checked, 102 people had voted. Look at the overwhelming number of people that picked option 5 for the sub boards. Look back at this thread, have 102 people voiced their opinions in posts? No. They might not feel comfortable with voicing their opinions on the board. Maybe they lurk daily but are overwhelmed and don't feel comfortable posting. This wasn't a tight race.. option 5 won by a landslide. And you know what? It's not going to change the board that much. The only difference is that you won't have threads for 4 different subjects all jumbled up together, in addtion to that, you guys will have a place where off topic chat and getting to know each other is ENCOURAGED!

Lauri,

I know that option 5 was the clear winner and if you look just at the poll, it looks as if that is what we prefer. But in reality, most poeple who posted stated they really didn't like any of the options. It was the lesser of the 5 evils. I personally don't want to see one community board and several topic boards. I like the idea of coming to one board and getting everything I want. I left the DVC board because of the break off. I will only to go the scrapping board after the change. I don't have time and memory to think about where I've been and what I've seen. I will miss the folks who are not scrappers.

MeanLaureen said:
Third - There are some of you that are very passionate about how the board should be, and I commend you for that. I know you guys are thinking "if it ain't broke, don't fix it". I understand how you feel about that, but you have to remember one thing, you guys are veterans of this board. You are used to it and many of you grew along with it. One of my main reasons I wanted to do the poll was qualified by the results. Look at the results to the poll. Last I checked, 102 people had voted. Look at the overwhelming number of people that picked option 5 for the sub boards. Look back at this thread, have 102 people voiced their opinions in posts? No. They might not feel comfortable with voicing their opinions on the board. Maybe they lurk daily but are overwhelmed and don't feel comfortable posting. This wasn't a tight race.. option 5 won by a landslide. And you know what? It's not going to change the board that much. The only difference is that you won't have threads for 4 different subjects all jumbled up together, in addtion to that, you guys will have a place where off topic chat and getting to know each other is ENCOURAGED! :guilty:

This is my last comment .....

Option Five was chosen (and the people who DID post a comment clearly stated the following) because it was the least offensive choice to us as we watch our community being rippped apart.
All the other options threatened to take away our ability to 'chat'......aka 'community'.
But we are a very strong, cohesive, generous, caring although small group of DISsers and we will remain together as a group regardless of your actions to 'fix us.'

Please let us know when you are implimenting your changes so we can update our bookmarks.....

Thanking you in advance......

kaylajr said:
So could someone NICELY and SIMPLY explain EXACTLY what you are all up in arms about ???????PLEASE

On the Cosby show one time Dr. Huxtable explained to his daughter who showed up with her new fiancee ( not havin known about there even being a boyfriend ) the difference in presenting a nice steak w/potato on a plate with china and crystal versus on a trashcan top. I think some of us feel that this was presented on a trashcan top and we were just suppose to eat it without complaint. Sometimes it is how things are presented. And this whole thing has left a bad taste in my mouth. ( the little comments about what you could have done without asking and especially the comments from the t-shirt people-for lack of a better name about being glad to be off the over the board).

In answer to the question about the poll that you all keep asking, I think most voted for the lesser of two evils , but would have prefered to just be left alone. It saddens me that we have become the t-shirt people, the mod people, the scrapbook people and the garden people and that we seemed to have forgot what brought us all here in the first place. DISNEY !!!!!! I am sure this is not what Walt would have wanted, and I am just as sure that this is not what Pete wanted when he started these boards ( By the way, thanks Pete for a great site, despite the "theatre" sometimes. As an african american women who embraces all people I say again "CAN"T WE ALL JUST GET ALONG " ? :confused3

And now that I have gotten that off my chest , I will be retiring to lurking because frankly my bp can't take this and there is way to much more in life to me that is more important.

Cyndi princess:

first off I don't think anyone was going after Judith or Kayla personally...
I mean we all know your volunteers and have only been here a short time as that position-
I am thinking that everyone is asuuming it is ABOVE you that the changes are coming from (which is obviously true as the chages were made without your knowledge.)
We also think that it isn't fair that other 'hobbie and crafts' are not treated the same way... equality ???

I think Judith hit the nail on the head with the new response thing... and then the changes apeared to be happening!
Please put yourself in our shoes...

I can't say I willl love the changes anyways - but it is not my life and i will roll with it personally -
I think it might be nice to have our own community type board...
hey wait a minute - Spinning wasn't it you that said something like that 3 years ago ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter