WDW Christmas time MUST DO'S...

I personally have not done it, but my parents are booked for the Yuletide Fantasy Tour. Hasn't been mentioned here. Might want to check it out!

Here's my bucket list for December...first timers too!

Epcot: Chip & Dales Christmas Tree Spree / Voices of Liberty / Storytellers in World Showcase / CP package whenever they come out

Magic Kingdom: Jingle Jungle Cruise / soak up the decorations / maybe MVMCP (DH doesn't want to spend the extra money, so we'll see who wins!)

Hollywood Studio: Jingle Bell, Jingle BAM / Sunset Season's Greeting at dusk

Disney Springs: 6pm tree lighting ceremony / Christmas Tree Trail / Stitch's Holiday Gift Hunt

Resorts: Visit all the deluxe resorts to see decorations / Sleigh ride to see decorations at Ft. Wilderness

Awesome list!! What are the Chip and Dale Christmas Tree Spree and Stitch’s holiday gift hunt? Some of our favorite characters!

Awesome list!! What are the Chip and Dale Christmas Tree Spree and Stitch’s holiday gift hunt? Some of our favorite characters!
They are scavenger hunt. Chip and Dale is at Epcot and Stitch is at Disney Springs. I believe one is free and the other requiesr like a 6 dollar map booklet kit thing... I think.

We went last year in early December and resort hopped to the see the decorations, which got us in the spirit. Hollywood Studios also had a great Christmassy vibe.

We also did a sleigh ride around Ft. Wilderness to look at the lights. It was a really simple, peaceful, and intimate thing we could enjoy as a family.

What is something you MUST DO during your Christmas time trip to WDW? I've only ever been 1 time during the Christmas season but I'm going back the week after Thanksgiving this year. I really enjoyed the MVMCP the 1 time I did go so I'm thinking it's a must do this time. Especially since it'll be my husband's first WDW Christmas. I'd especially like to hear what the guys like during this time.
I'm sure I'm just repeating others, but I'll say what we did and then which things we'd do again if we returned:

1. MVMCP. One and done for us. Glad we saw the castle show and parade, but if we're at WDW again at Christmastime, we'll view the fireworks from a nearby resort and not bother with the party.

2. Jingle Bell Jingle Bam Dessert Party. Would absolutely do this again. Enjoyed it so much we're planning on the Galactic Spectacular Dessert Party next summer and though slightly different, we're expecting great things. Loved, loved, LOVED JBJB! The food, the fact that we had a designated table and there were seats, meeting the special guest (my Mom's favorite character), the viewing area, the special viewing glasses, and just the whole atmosphere and festivity of the thing...really well done. We felt like VIPs.

3. Candlelight Processional with dining package (dinner at Biergarten). This would be a must-do again as well, and I think we'd return to Biergarten since the show and decorations in there are very festive and the food was very good. The Processional itself is absolutely magnificent. We got to see Neil Patrick Harris as our narrator, but I'd see it with any narrator. The choirs and the orchestra are astounding. Loved it!

4. The gospel group Joyful on the stage in Future World at Epcot. We caught one of their sets and it was so uplifting and fun. My 75-year old father had an absolute blast watching/listening to them and couldn't stop talking about them throughout the trip.

5. The Voices of Liberty: They're never to be missed on any trip, IMO, but it's a special treat to see them during the Holiday season. Absolutely lovely.

6. We stayed at the Grand Floridian, and instantly became besotted with the place. I chose it because I had heard it was splendid at Christmastime and it definitely is! If not staying there, I'd definitely make the trip over to see it, maybe have a meal there. (But if I have my way, I'll stay nowhere else but the Grand from now on regardless of the time of year).

Some things we didn't get around to doing that I'd like to include on a future Christmastime trip would be: catching all of the storytellers around Epcot's World Showcase and eating at more of the holiday food kiosks, going to Disney Springs to see the decorations and trees, visiting Wilderness Lodge to see the lobby decorations, visiting Fort Wilderness and maybe doing a "sleigh" ride through the campground to see the decorated campsites.

I love the story tellers at EP. I also love checking out the displays at the deluxe resorts. Don't forget to check out the Swan if you are over in the Boardwalk area. They usually have a display that is made entirely of chocolate! It looks awesome and has the added feature of smelling amazing!!!
I think the decorations at the Boardwalk resort itself are less than they used to be, so you might want to check some reviews before you leave to see if you even need to make a stop there.

We are hoping to go the second week of Dec to see the decorations this year. I'm super excited!!!

Have a great trip!!

Just booked our trip for December. My goal was just to do Christmas related events. I have booked a Candle Light Processional package, tickets to MVMCP for one night and a Sleigh Ride at Fort Wilderness. We are staying at Yacht Club for the convenience to Epcot and HS, but are planning a resort day to view the decorations.

Just booked our trip for December. My goal was just to do Christmas related events. I have booked a Candle Light Processional package, tickets to MVMCP for one night and a Sleigh Ride at Fort Wilderness. We are staying at Yacht Club for the convenience to Epcot and HS, but are planning a resort day to view the decorations.
Thought about a sleigh ride for my parents. But our last day is Dec. 1 and they are not offered in late November, as far as I can tell.

Hi all! My family and I are coming in right when the festivities to start. So we'll be there November 8th-14th. Will everything for the most part be decorated and what are fun things for kids to do? I'm traveling with an 8 year old and a 6 year old.

Any ideas on times for Sunset Seasons Greetings and Jingle Bell, Jingle BAM?

We'll be there for Thanksgiving, and I am SO excited. We've only ever been in the spring/summer, so I cannot wait to see everything all decorated!

We are going to WDW 11/26 - 12/7 and staying at Wilderness Lodge! We went for the Christmas activities at the same time 10 years ago this year and at the time couldn't afford a deluxe resort. We are so excited to be able to stay at WL. There are so many new Christmas activities and some old favorites to look forward to. Booked MVMCP and CP with Neil Patrick Harris as the narrator. We will tour the deluxe resorts to view decorations. We also are looking forward to Jingle Bell Jingle Bam and the Tower of Terror projections and the Christmas Trees at DS. We will miss the Osborne Lights. So sad they are gone. We are purchasing photo pass this year so we can get plenty of Christmas pictures. The only downside is I may have to use an ECV this year due to bad knees but I plan on not letting it slow me down.

We are going to WDW 11/26 - 12/7 and staying at Wilderness Lodge! We went for the Christmas activities at the same time 10 years ago this year and at the time couldn't afford a deluxe resort. We are so excited to be able to stay at WL. There are so many new Christmas activities and some old favorites to look forward to. Booked MVMCP and CP with Neil Patrick Harris as the narrator. We will tour the deluxe resorts to view decorations. We also are looking forward to Jingle Bell Jingle Bam and the Tower of Terror projections and the Christmas Trees at DS. We will miss the Osborne Lights. So sad they are gone. We are purchasing photo pass this year so we can get plenty of Christmas pictures. The only downside is I may have to use an ECV this year due to bad knees but I plan on not letting it slow me down.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter