WDW Christmas time MUST DO'S...

Chris Anglin

Mr&MrsAnglin
What is something you MUST DO during your Christmas time trip to WDW? I've only ever been 1 time during the Christmas season but I'm going back the week after Thanksgiving this year. I really enjoyed the MVMCP the 1 time I did go so I'm thinking it's a must do this time. Especially since it'll be my husband's first WDW Christmas. I'd especially like to hear what the guys like during this time.

What is something you MUST DO during your Christmas time trip to WDW? I've only ever been 1 time during the Christmas season but I'm going back the week after Thanksgiving this year. I really enjoyed the MVMCP the 1 time I did go so I'm thinking it's a must do this time. Especially since it'll be my husband's first WDW Christmas. I'd especially like to hear what the guys like during this time.

We're going the same week :) First time ever visiting during the season. On our list of to-dos:

MVMCP
Candlelight Processional at Epcot (with a dining package to reduce wait time)
Checking out the Storytellers at Epcot
Voices of Liberty at Epcot
Visiting the Grand Floridian on our rest day to check out the beautiful decorations and see the Gingerbread house

Possibly to do:
Minnie's Seasonal Dine at Hollywood Studios
Jingle Bell Jingle Bam at Hollywood Studios

We're going the same week :) First time ever visiting during the season. On our list of to-dos:

MVMCP
Visiting the Grand Floridian on our rest day to check out the beautiful decorations and see the Gingerbread house

Possibly to do:
I did resort hop when I went and the Grand Floridian is beautiful as is the gingerbread house but I found the Poly and Wilderness Lodge more to my liking. But everyone has different taste. My DIL loves GF but it's too white for me, haha. I raised 2 boys, can you tell?

All good ideas above! We are also planning on doing the Christmas Tree Trail at Disney Springs, for something fun. I am really looking forward to the Candlelight Procession! We will be there the week after you guys - please don't eat all the Mickey bars!!!

We'll be there the same week. We plan to do MVMHP, monorail resort hop to see the decorations (we're staying at Poly), Holiday Around the World, possibly Candlelight Processional depending on if we can get the dining package or not.

We always go the 2 weeks following thanksgiving and we love it. We do everything PPs suggested, and we spend a lot of time in Epcot WS, taking in the holidays around the world. Each country usually has special holiday food offerings, that you can only get this time of year-it’s like a mini F&W, and we love it. We weren’t too crazy about the trees at DS, but they were ok. We also like hopping around the monorail resorts, taking in the decorations, then we watched the MVMC FW from Poly beach. The best time of year to go.

It's been over two years since our last trip in Nov 2015 so we finally decided to book for December of this year for MVMCP and the Candlelight Processional. This will be our first time doing either one. :santa:

MVMCP
Candlelight Processional
Storytellers
Visiting WL, FW, GF, CR, BC, YC, BW, and AKL for decorations.
Christmas Tree Trail

We will be there the week after Thanksgiving for a girls trips. We have ADRs to encourage us to resort hop and would like to do the Candlelight Processional. Do we need to get the dining package for that? What are the chances of seeing it if we don't? We can pay OOP for our TS breakfast at Kona but were trying to keep the extra spending down to a minimum for one in our group.
And what is the Christmas Tree Trail?

Thanks! We are so excited to have a husband free, stroller free trip. LOL

Staying at Pop Century Dec 3-7. Getting very impatient for the Candlelight Processional dining packages!

We will be there the week after Thanksgiving for a girls trips. We have ADRs to encourage us to resort hop and would like to do the Candlelight Processional. Do we need to get the dining package for that? What are the chances of seeing it if we don't? We can pay OOP for our TS breakfast at Kona but were trying to keep the extra spending down to a minimum for one in our group.
And what is the Christmas Tree Trail?

Thanks! We are so excited to have a husband free, stroller free trip. LOL
Christmas tree trail is a bunch of character decorated trees in Disney Springs. Not a huge fan myself.

We haven't done MVMCP yet--doing it this December--but our favorite Christmas Park was actually DHS. We LOVED JBJB and the projections on ToT were really festive.

I am going 11/30-12/5 and plan to do:

MVMCP
CP with dining package
story tellers at EP
voices of liberty
Minnie seasonal dine at H&V
Jingle bell jingle bam dessert party
monorail resort hop and WL for decorations
boardwalk resort hop for decorations

guess I need to add Christmas tree trail lol

Christmas Tree Trail is a Disney-themed mall display. Unless you have all kinds of extra time on your hands, don't waste a single minute of your vacation time on it. All we could think was "That was 3 minutes we'll never get back."

MVMCP

Possibly to do:
Hollywood Studios was amazing at Christmas last year. They had the projections on Tower of Terror and a lot of other decorations in addition to Jingle Bell Jingle Jam. I wouldn’t miss it.

Wilderness Lodge is also decorated really nicely.

We love the Xmas tree trail right at dusk, when thelights are on and you can see the snow. We love looking at all the work that has gone into these trees :)

I built in time to go resort hopping for decorations. I knew we were going to do GF and we are staying at AKL. Looks like Poly and WL are recommended too. Does anyone have any other “must do” resorts?

I know about CLP. I’ll need to look up voices of liberty and storytellers. I don’t know what those are. We are doing the MVMCP. Any other recommendations?

Epcot storytellers are my number 1 main must do. I really love them and will sometimes see them multiple times if I can.

I built in time to go resort hopping for decorations. I knew we were going to do GF and we are staying at AKL. Looks like Poly and WL are recommended too. Does anyone have any other “must do” resorts?

Definitely Boardwalk and Beach Club! They always do beautiful displays, and both are easy to walk to from Epcot

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter