WDW Christmas time MUST DO'S...

If you think you need an ECV, renting one from a Disney approved vendor is great . It is delivered right to your resort. Injured my leg right before our June trip Had Best Price mobility deliver a scooter to Yacht club . No trouble with scooter and couldn't have done the trip without it . Transportation via Disney buses went fine.

MVMCP is honestly the only thing that’s absolutely must do.

However if you wanna OD on Christmas:

Hollywood Studios: Jingle Be Jingle Bam, sunset seasons greetings and Minnie’s seasonal Christmas diner at Hollywood and Vine.

Epcot: Candlelight processional diner package.

Resort decorations and grand Floridian for the gingerbread house. Again MVMCP is Christmas to me.

They are scavenger hunt. Chip and Dale is at Epcot and Stitch is at Disney Springs. I believe one is free and the other requiesr like a 6 dollar map booklet kit thing... I think.
What is usually the prize at the end of the hunt?

Can’t wait. Coming down nov26-dec5 same as last year.
The MVMCP parade is awesome.

Jingle Bell Jingle Bam was great and the projections on the tower of terror where unbelievable.

Didn’t do the candlelight Processional last year but want to this year.
Christmas around the world was great.

There is just so much and the decorations are awesome at all the parks.

And what is going to make this year the best yet is that we are staying at the Polynesian as new DVC members.

We go every year during Christmas week. It's really amazing (despite how crowded it is)

Resorts
Do the monorail tour:
- Contemporary decorates. It's nice, but frankly a bit underwhelming. They have a mural that usually has a theme. It used to be a Mary Blair mural. In past years it's been Mary Blair-inspired and they've really pushed the Frozen theme.
- Poly doesn't really decorate, but you can't just pass it by. They have a nice Christmas tree and it's worth stopping for a Dole Whip, alone.
- GF is the "grand finale". Everything about the resort is perfect. To me, I always feel like Kevin McCallister in Home Alone. There's a HUGE Christmas tree and a life-size gingerbread house in the lobby.

The Wilderness Lodge is my favorite. It literally feels as though you stepped into a Christmas card. We often grab a drink and relax around the fireplace. It feels like a ski resort minus the cold temps (usually) and snow. It's a nice break from the crowds.

Epcot Resorts:
- Beach Club is our "home" resort. We've stayed there the past few years. It has a gingerbread carousel that usually has a different theme each year.
- Yacht Club is more refined. It has a Christmas tree and train set.
- Boardwalk normally has a fun theme. They did away with the gingerbread Boardwalk shop in past years, but it's still worth a stop.
- Swan and Dolphin are easily overlooked. Swan, I believe, has a towering white poinsettia Christmas tree with a working train set. The area between the two resorts features illuminated pine trees that "dance" to Christmas music.

Animal Kingdom Lodge is second to only the Wilderness Lodge. It has a very similar theme and feel to it.

Fort Wilderness does a carriage ride around the camp grounds. The campers decorate their site during the holidays and it's really cool.

Disney Springs
Santa will be at Disney Springs during the holiday season. You can "reserve" your spot while you shop and they'll text you when your time is up. Do keep in mind that it'll be crowded on weekends, so try and go mid-week (especially with all the new food spots).

Epcot
Epcot has the Candlelight Processional. It's an amazing experience. It's well past your 180-day window, so I doubt many dining packages are available, but I recommend looking into it. If not, just arrive early and at least watch it.

Epcot also has the International Festival of the Holidays. Last year they decreased the size of the portions (a good thing) and made it more like the other festivals. Totally worth checking out. Do it on a day that you don't have a meal scheduled.

Magic Kingdom
Obviously there's just something magical about MK during the holidays.

- Do MVMCP. I know it's an added expense, but it's worth it. We did the Halloween Party and don't regret a minute of it. You're there...may as well check it out.
- Plan a night to stay an hour past close (or if they have late extra magic hours). If the park closes at 12, arrive at 10:30 or 11, get in some rides, then just walk around. Wait till 12:30-ish and snap some photos of a near-empty Main Street, some unobstructed Castle photos, and more. The park is amazing late at night.

Hollywood Studios
- Jingle Bell, Jingle BAM is solid. It was better last year and hopefully they continue to improve
- Sunset Seasons was very cool. I'm surprised how many people didn't stop to watch. Grab a hot chocolate and enjoy the shows.

- Enjoy the different holiday snacks
- Stop and smell the evergreen. Seriously. You're in Disney during the holidays. 7 Dwarfs Mine Train could wait. Stop and enjoy the decorations for a moment.
- Take lots of photos and get the PhotoPass. How often will you be in Disney for the holidays?

The Wilderness Lodge is my favorite. It literally feels as though you stepped into a Christmas card. We often grab a drink and relax around the fireplace. It feels like a ski resort minus the cold temps (usually) and snow. It's a nice break from the crowds.

I don't think I could agree with this any more than I do. The Wilderness Lodge is not really my cup of tea outside of the holiday season, but when decorated for Christmas, it's spectacular.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter