Walking to Disney Challenge

Is it too late to join this challenge? I saw the map clippie, and I must say that's what got me motivated... I may arrive much later than you, but I am totally up for this challenge and think I would have a ball doing it... and it would be motivating for me once Jack Frost comes and dumps a load of snow here in Minnesota, too! :rolleyes: So... is it too late? Are people still joining up?? How do I get the map clippie?!?! :confused3

Please let me know! What an impressive group!

Ashley

I'm walking to Disneyland since I live so close to WDW and besides we have a trip planned to DL next year anyway. I have not updated in a really long time, so I'm absolutely amazed at how far I have gone! When I last updated on May 6, I had gone 130 miles out of 2465, and was still in FL.

I have now gone 798/2465 miles and I'm just east of Houston, TX!!! WOW, I can't believe how far I have gone.

I have been counting my walking, occasional wogging, bike riding, and swimming towards my total miles covered. At this rate, I might actually get there in time for our anniversary trip in Sept! Sorry the map is so big but I have absolutely no idea how to make it smaller. I'm surprised I was able to get it in the post in the first place!

Ashley, it's never too late to join in! Some of us - like me - will be here walking for a very long time. We'd love to have you join us on our journey!

436596c6-002e5-04bb2-8ac10c40

Ashley! Welcome to the trek.

I did the end of month tally. I currently have traveled 820.49/1047.30 with 226.81 miles left! I am working in my new shoes. Comfy!

Keep up the steps everyone. Enjoy the journey.

plutosmyfav said:
I'm more than 90% of the way as of today :cool1: :cool1: :cool1:

That is so awesome! :cheer2: :cheer2:

I'm 42% of the way there. The late summer humidity really messed me up, and now the early sunset cuts in to outdoor walking time. I misplaced my pedometer for a couple of weeks, lowballed my average and guessed what I walked during that time. I'm at 430 miles, adding about 3 miles each night I work at TDS.

iNTeNSeBLue98 said:
That is so awesome! :cheer2: :cheer2:

I'm 42% of the way there. The late summer humidity really messed me up, and now the early sunset cuts in to outdoor walking time. I misplaced my pedometer for a couple of weeks, lowballed my average and guessed what I walked during that time. I'm at 430 miles, adding about 3 miles each night I work at TDS.

You're still going :moped: and that's what counts! The lack of sunlight really does make it more of a challenge!

You guys are doing TERRIFIC! I am so proud of you! I haven't been good, but I did some mileage today. I'll update my siggie later. :) At less than 10 miles a week, I need to get focused and moving, too. With the winter, I'm looking forward to seeing some green as I go further south. Meantime, Ohio and I will

Sunny, you said it all with
You're still going and that's what counts!
. What's a 'buckeye' btw??

iNTeNSeBLue98, you are doing fine. Keep up the good work.

Lily, look at you go!

Ashley :wave2: You and DSis had quite the conversation at the Half last year, on the backside of GF. Are you doing it again, this year?

You are my inspiration, Ladies. Thank you!

Wow this is amazing.....I started this thread and although i didn't follow through it looks like alot of you have.... :cheer2: :cheer2:

I will start back up again in the new year. I am cruising out of Miami in late October so I wll now bike to the Port of Miami before then....

HAve a great day everyone
Kim

Congratulations! You did it!

plutosmyfav, Completed: 1338.0 of 1325.88 miles since March 17th.

You rule!
:cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2:

WAY TO GO, SUNNY!
You rock, you rule, you've run all the way! We are SOOOOOO PROUD of you!!

:cheer2: :Pinkbounc :cheer2: :Pinkbounc :cheer2: :Pinkbounc

OK! I am inspired! Is there going to be a new 'Walk to Disney' challenge starting on January 1, or do I just join in here? I would love to see if I could make it by the end of the year.

So how will this work on January 1? Starting over, or just continuing on this thread?

Thanks!
DJ

westjones said:
OK! I am inspired! Is there going to be a new 'Walk to Disney' challenge starting on January 1, or do I just join in here? I would love to see if I could make it by the end of the year.

So how will this work on January 1? Starting over, or just continuing on this thread?

Thanks!
DJ

I read your post early this morning and have been pondering it all day. I would love to get back on track with walking. I will take on starting a new thread for 2006. I just finished making an animated piece of clipart to replace the current one to identify those in the new challenge. I'll post a link to the new thread in this post when it is ready.

The thread for 2006 can be found here: Walking to Disney Challenge 2

Thanks, guys :grouphug:

Debbie: A buckeye is many things. I'm not a native Ohioian, I was only there briefly but I learned real quick what a buckeye is :teeth: Most importantly, a buckey is a peanut butter ball dipped in chocolate with just a little spot of peanut butter showing. It is made to look like the buckey seed (? not sure that is the right term) which looks like a chestnut but iwth a little light brown spot and comes from the buckeye tree. A buckeye is also an OSU football team!!!! We really learned this living just a mile from OSU. We also learned real quickly not to wear blue and yellow together while we lived there :rotfl2:

Lily probably would do a much better job at describing buckeyes!!!!

Sunny

You guys are all amazing!

I actually THOUGHT about joining you for a minute - then I discovered it is 3761 miles from my house. :rotfl: We are actually CLOSER to Tokyo Disney (3457 miles!) :rotfl:

I doubt this board will still be around in 5-10 years when I finally "reach" Disney!!

Happy walking!

plutosmyfav: I'm originally from Ohio. Scarfed down my fair share of buckeyes in the past week!

It looks like I WILL be completing my trek. I will finish at the Marathon weekend walking the 1,047.3 miles as I cross the finish line. I am almost there and I can't beleive it! I am going to do this!
:cool1:

sk8ingmom said:
You guys are all amazing!

I actually THOUGHT about joining you for a minute - then I discovered it is 3761 miles from my house. :rotfl: We are actually CLOSER to Tokyo Disney (3457 miles!) :rotfl:

I doubt this board will still be around in 5-10 years when I finally "reach" Disney!!

Happy walking!

plutosmyfav: I'm originally from Ohio. Scarfed down my fair share of buckeyes in the past week!

Is Disneyland more of a reasonable goal?

I started a new thread for '06...looking for challengers.

Lily! That is SO exciting! Congratulations to you! Be sure to post some pics to this thread, so that we can see you with that medal. What a wonderful reward for all of your hard work! :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2: You go, girl! :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

I'm in too...my family & I completed "Walk NH" in June, so this is just what we needed to get us excited about "getting to" Disney (and we only have to go 1382 miles) (ONLY...ha ha ha)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter