Walking to Disney Challenge

I finally made it to 500 miles today. I have 597 to go but only 5 weeks until to go. I don't think that I am going to make it this time but I will be close. I am somewhere in North Carolina between Fayetteville and Rocky Mount. If I keep tha pace up that I have been doing I will be 277 miles short by our time in August. At least I got close

Dona 500/1097

Dh has decided to join me in this challenge! He is walking to ASMo as well and has to walk 722.32 miles. So far he has walked 3 and I have walked 5.01. He will no doubt catch up with me soon though!

I have a question, do you count all walking? I walk at work every day, I sit for about 45 minutes total. I walk everywhere so this shouldn't be to bad. :cool1:

Now I have to find my mileage.

Nite0wl71 said:
I have a question, do you count all walking? I walk at work every day, I sit for about 45 minutes total. I walk everywhere so this shouldn't be to bad. :cool1:

I started out counting only the "extra" walking, going for walks over lunch and in the evening. When we started the Walking Works at work and I started wearing a pedometer all day long.

Tasha+Scott said:
First, go to www.mapquest.com
Under directions type your address for the starting address. Type in GF's address for the ending address. The address to GF is:
4401 Floridian Way
Lake Buena Vista, FL 32830
Click Get Directions.
It will give you a breakdown of how to get there and at the bottom it will give you the total # of miles. Hope this helps!

Thank You So Very Much. That helped me out very much. I've got alot of walking to do.

Have A Disney Day!!!

Nite0wl71 said:

I personally count all walking. I wear a pedometer all day long (from the moment I get out of bed to the moment I get into bed). I make it my goal to do 10,000 to 12,000 steps every single day which also helps me lose weight. So since I try to meet that goal every day, I figure I can help stay motivated by counting it as my walk to Disney.

Any other swimmers? Want a SWIM TO DISNEY CHALLENGE????

I can't jog or walk because of shin splints. I love to swim laps (used to swim in HS and a little in college). Anyone else swimming to Disney? Is there a swimming challenge anywhere?

It's 460 miles from my house to Disney. No way to swim that far by December, so my goal is to swim 10% of that amount or 46 miles by Nov 29. So far I'm at 1/46

We could use this as our clip art.

Swimmer_woman.gif

{IMG] http://www.animationlibrary.com/Ani...immer_woman.gif{/IMG]

I am pretty psyched to see myself getting closer to WDW, even though I am covering fewer miles now that I am walking outside in this ugly weather! ;) I am now at 503/992 miles. That probably puts me somewhere in the carolinas, though I am at a complete loss on how to figure that out at this point! :)

I would like to join as well...but can I run and walk? I have 123.43 miles to Pop!! I think I can do that by October 26th!! :)

I passed 600 miles today. I am now north of Florence SC. I won't make it by Aug 20 but it's fun to try.

I am walking to the Poly which will be the destination of our next trip! I just started today and have 1096.37 miles to go! :)

:wave: WELCOME NEWBIES!!!!

I've been in the Walking to Disney Challenge since 3/7/05. To date I have walked 243.62 miles, or the distance from Reading, PA to Richmond, VA.

My progress has yielded about a 7-8 pound weightloss. I also try to fit in a few 10 Minute Solution workouts and in June started watching my calorie intake.

Good luck to all of you!

:wave2: Hi iNTeNSeBLue98 and everyone else. I haven't checked in for a l-o-n-g time, but I still am doing my thing. . . it's just been slow and in teeny, tiny steps for the past few months. BUT, I'm determined to get back on track. I've done more in the past 5 days than I did all of June or July. :blush: I've made it to the Michigan and Ohio border and I am so excited that I've made it this far!

trip-2003-07-29-OH-Border-Ohio-welcome-sign-200.jpg

Ohio is a huge state (210 miles), so I won't be seeing the next Welcome sign for a while. :) Maybe I should note the sights of Toledo as I walk through. :maleficen

Hey challengers :wave:

I'm by-passing Richmond Virginia and should be to the North Carolina state line in about two weeks, on my current walking trend. It's 27 miles from the point I've reached in VA (near the Richmond Int. Airport) to Ricky Mount, NC.

I've just past my half way mark :cool1: :banana: :moped:

With my marathon training I should make it to Disney just before my real trip on Jan 5, 2006. Woo Hoo.

Sunny

Sunny, you are doing fabulously well! Keep up the great work!.

I'm gonna walk to Disney too. I calculated my door to Beach Club Villas and it's 1310 miles. So starting today I'll need to walk 6.5 miles everyday! Whew!

Better strap on my walkin' shoes!

Hi all - I'm still walking. I spent the last 5 weeks working on a music festival in Michigan. I tracked my miles everyday. My average was 6.41 miles per day, with some days as much as 10 miles. My current total is 248 - only 2835 miles to go!

Now that I am home again, I am hoping to walk at least 5 miles per day - which is double what I was doing before I left. I noticed that some of you have logged MANY miles - how much do you walk in a day? How do you accomplish it?

Barrie
248/3083

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter