Walking to Disney Challenge

Hockeychic

Going for Dopey 2025
DH and I are walking to All Star Movies.

Let me explain, it is 2160 kms from my front door to All Star Movies. We are going to walk everyday until we get 2160. I have measured it out per day and can make it.

Anybody want to join me. Lets walk to Disney.

Hey, hockeychic, where are y'all from? Since you've done the calculations, maybe I could start walking to Disney, too. And then when I get there....I could book me a vacation! :goodvibes

Hey there,

I am just north of Newmarket in Ontario. Bascially I went to mapquest and put in my address as well as that of the resort I wanted unfortunatley they gave it to me in miles so I just converted it to kms using x 1.6.

The ladies of a TOPS group near by are walking to Alaska, that is where I got the idea.

I am off, maybe I can pick up people along the way.....I will let you know when I hit Newmarket.

That is such a cool idea! I'm going to look it up today and see how far it is....probably long way, lol!

Great idea Hockeychic!

What a nifty idea!!

I especially like Debbie's idea - when you've logged all those km, you get to book a real trip!! I know that would motivate me to never skip a day!! :cloud9:

Think I'll have a chat with my DH about this idea! :love:

Hey, Hockeychic, what a great idea!
I made charts up in January called "walking to disney" (which has been modified to "walking/biking to disney") and have been keeping track of how many miles I do on the TM and bike. It is almost 1000 miles for me, and I think I am not even at 100 yet, but hope to get there before I actually get there in January for the 1/2. Maybe you and I could meet up when you get to Delaware -- after all, if you are coming down I-95, you'll be going right by my house, practically. :)

that's an awesome idea!!! time to hop over to mapquest to see how long our walk will be.

Hey everyone.....well I am 7.2 kms closer to disney. I will make up alot of group today and tomorrow. Plus I will add in my morning 3 mile WATP tape.....I will be in Disney in no time.

welovedis and ham53: How far is Disney for you??

Keenercam: Great job that is amazing, I have a ways to go to catch up to you, I will be traveling down the boarder through Buffalo taking the 79/77/95 route....I can feel it getting warmer already....lol

Everyone have a great day!!

I just looked it up this morning--from my home in Rochester, NY to BWV is:
1265.39 miles-wow!

I'm going to start this on Monday but not sure if I just just add walk/run miles or bike & elliptical too.

Thanks Hockeychic for mentioning this, it is the boost I needed!

This is a great idea!! Thanks!! I am walking to the All Star Movies as well!!
983 miles from Ohio. I'm starting today! I hope to be there by my wedding anniversay, July 19!! :wave2:

we're 1,249.4 miles from the Poly he in MA. however, i think we might have started this a little late b/c it works out that we'd hafta walk about 8 miles every day to get there in time.
at least if we make it to south of the border i'll be happy :earboy2:

All righty, I'm basically in London. Sorry, kc, I'm going to take I-75. It will be 1292 miles or 2067.2 km. It starts with 203 km just to get to the border. I just printed off my directions. I shall count walking, WATP and Curves. I usually count my half hour workout at Curves as the equivalent of 2 miles of walking. Is that okay? So, I am out the door, with 4 miles down. Haven't hit the ramp at the 401 yet, but I can see it! :rotfl: What we need is a clippie! SUNDIE!!!.

Count me in for the walk to disney.

From pennellville ny to ssr is 1254.44 miles. I will start today.

(edit) Like Cam, i will also record walk/bike miles plus any equipment (ie arctrainer, elliptical, ect) that keeps track of miles completed.

Hey! We're doing that too! How cool!

It's 1230 miles for us from our door to the Polynesian!

Hey everyone this is great :grouphug:

First time I heard about it I thought it was such an amazing idea....wahooo here we go. :moped:

I like this idea! I will be checking mileage and see where it takes me! Can't wait to go!
:cool1: :cool1: :cool1: :cool1: :cool1: :cool1: :cool1: :cool1: :cool1: :cool1: :cool1: :cool1: :cool1: :cool1: :cool1: :cool1: :cool1: :cool1:

****Edited to add: Total Est. Distance: 1047.30 miles
I'm on my way. I like the .30 miles part! I got that one covered!

Hey Tiger Lilly 03....

I am 7.2 kms closer. I didn't get a walk in yesterday my daughters hockey team played 2 games and 1 of our players got taken to the hospital so no time for the walk but does stress count for milage???......LOL

How is everyone else doing????

I am also going to count my WATP Debbie so I would think it would all count.

OK here we go, I am doing 2 walks today so I hope to get to the highway so that is 18.2 KM for me so 11 kms today in 2 walks......ouch my legs are hurting already.....lol

Have a great day.

Well just back from walk number 1 for the day....just did 5.7 kms which with the weather we are getting today was quite tricky. I only fell once and had a few close calls.

Will check in later. :cheer2: :cheer2:

That is a great idea, I'm going to have to get mine figured up and keep track of it. How are you all getting your information regarding the distance to different places at WDW? I would want to be walking to VWL.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter