**Villains After Hours - Magic Kingdom** FAQ & Discussion Thread

Don't judge this year based on last year. None of the context that led to higher than average AH crowds at this event is the same. Last year was the first run for this event, a surprise Villains theme, and dates were very limited (just a couple of months over the summer). They also replaced regular AH. And even with all of that, people still reported some dates being very similar to a regular AH event at MK. Even at the sold out date I went to (the final one), it was absolutely nothing like the massive crowds at Halloween & Xmas.

By contrast, this year we have massively increased numbers of dates over months and months, AND it's running concurrent to regular DAH, which is priced significantly cheaper. All of which will do a lot to spread out the crowds.

tl;dr: it's literally too early to make these kinds of snap judgments. The first event starts in a mater of days. Unless your trip starts next week, follow this thread to see what this year's trends are.

Thanks Kylenne!!! I just finished looking at the wait time sheet from the 6/6/19 date of the Villains party. Looks like have a plan from 7-10 and then it looks really good to me. The MNSSHP last October was just a mad house of people it seems to get worse and worse every year. We may give this a try. Thanks again.

Thanks Kylenne!!! I just finished looking at the wait time sheet from the 6/6/19 date of the Villains party. Looks like have a plan from 7-10 and then it looks really good to me. The MNSSHP last October was just a mad house of people it seems to get worse and worse every year. We may give this a try. Thanks again.
Yes 100% agree with what @kylenne said. From reports of halloween and xmas parties, if THAT is your expectation of crowds there is no way even the worst AH event will disappoint. The people who are disappointed are those who compared with a particularly empty AH event and had a particularly crowded VAH event. Reports vary from event to event and are not consistently great or bad with either, but the one thing that is consistent is that crowds are less than at halloween/xmas parties.

like everything in life, the best way to enjoy something is to keep expectations in check- if they are too high it's a recipe for disappointment.

In my opinion the only material aspect is that it’s more of a hard close at park closing, so there’s no hanging around if you’re a non VAH guest, no Kiss Goodnight, etc.

Technically there will be more people in the park from 7pm on, but not everyone going to VAH will arrive then, and some going to VAH may have opted to have that be their MK time instead of a regular park ticket, so it’s not exactly a one for one addition of people.

Close observers will notice less of a “fall off” as you get towards park closing, but to date it is not really mentioned all that often as having a significant impact, at least with last summer’s run.
When we went last June we were in the park about 6:45. It was crowded until closing, especially Main Street. I wouldn’t want to be there at those times unless I had a VAH ticket. I would avoid an evening there with VAH going on.

A stupid question but we've never done DAH. I can see my VAH tickets listed on my MDE with no one assigned to them, my regular 8 day PH have each of our names assigned already. To be able to book Fastpasses for the time before the event what do I do? Assign a different variation of our names to the VAH tickets, create a new profile for 2 people? Will I then be able to get fastpasses for the couple of hours before the actual party starts? Then on the day, if we come from another park we just need to use the VAH tickets to get in to MK at the time people coming to the event are allowed to enter? If we are already in the MK before VAH early entry starts, I'm assuming that we have to exit the park and reenter with the VAH tickets to be able to use our fastpasses and be able to stay for the party. Thanks!

Last edited:
So we don't have tickets to this event but planned on hitting up MK on the day of an event. We have an evening dinner reservation at Skipper's so I'm not overly worried about the crowds coming into the park while we are eating and then plan on leaving. But I'm slightly confused that fireworks show at 9 for that evening and that's all when the park closes for the event. So if we make it out of dinner early enough are we going to be able to hang around and see fireworks at closing before having to leave?

My VAH tickets just appeared on my MDE? I didn't put them there but I did order them while I was signed in. Again, they aren't assigned to either of us, yet.
I bought mine over the phone when I did my dining reservations. My Harambe at night, and Marceline to Magic Tickets I got at the same time, and all my dining is linked, but, she said I would have to link my VAH myself, but I can't. I am just going to take the print out of the e mail confirmation to the front desk at my hotel when I check in.

So we don't have tickets to this event but planned on hitting up MK on the day of an event. We have an evening dinner reservation at Skipper's so I'm not overly worried about the crowds coming into the park while we are eating and then plan on leaving. But I'm slightly confused that fireworks show at 9 for that evening and that's all when the park closes for the event. So if we make it out of dinner early enough are we going to be able to hang around and see fireworks at closing before having to leave?
Yes, everyone can watch fireworks, but starting at park closing time, only those with a VAH wristband can get on rides. After fireworks, they will start working to clear those without a ticket.

Just reposting........Please help..I don't know how to get fastpasses for the in between time on our VAH day.
A stupid question but we've never done DAH. I can see my VAH tickets listed on my MDE with no one assigned to them, my regular 8 day PH have each of our names assigned already. To be able to book Fastpasses for the time before the event what do I do? Assign a different variation of our names to the VAH tickets, create a new profile for 2 people? Will I then be able to get fastpasses for the couple of hours before the actual party starts? Then on the day, if we come from another park we just need to use the VAH tickets to get in to MK at the time people coming to the event are allowed to enter? If we are already in the MK before VAH early entry starts, I'm assuming that we have to exit the park and reenter with the VAH tickets to be able to use our fastpasses and be able to stay for the party. Thanks!

Others may have a different experience, but I believe you can only get FP with the VAH tickets if you are not using a regular park ticket that day. I don't believe you can get 3 FP earlier in the day with a park ticket and then another 3 with the VAH ticket.

If you are already in MK when VAH starts, you do not have to exit and come back in, just check in at one of several stations inside the park to get your wristbands.

Others may have a different experience, but I believe you can only get FP with the VAH tickets if you are not using a regular park ticket that day. I don't believe you can get 3 FP earlier in the day with a park ticket and then another 3 with the VAH ticket.

If you are already in MK when VAH starts, you do not have to exit and come back in, just check in at one of several stations inside the park to get your wristbands.
This is our experience also. You can only pre-book 3 fastpass per day, so you can either book them for your regular park day or for VAH but not both in the same day.
That said, our tickets have always been assigned to us automatically in our regular MDE acct.
I think some people have been able to create a separate acct, assign the tickets and then get another 3 pre-booked FP but we have never tried this out or felt the need to do so as we usually get plenty of extra FP after our initial 3.

Hello, I am hoping we'll get feedback from those attending this week!

Specially interested in special magic shots!

I am going on March 6th. Park closes at 8 PM that day. I was able to get one fastpass, with a window from 7 to 8. How do others get 3 fastpasses? Because the park closes at 8, they won't allow later fastpasses, and because of the 7 PM entry, I cannot take one earlier. Any tips to share?

Thank you!

Hello, I am hoping we'll get feedback from those attending this week!

Specially interested in special magic shots!

I am going on March 6th. Park closes at 8 PM that day. I was able to get one fastpass, with a window from 7 to 8. How do others get 3 fastpasses? Because the park closes at 8, they won't allow later fastpasses, and because of the 7 PM entry, I cannot take one earlier. Any tips to share?

Thank you!

Park hours will eventually get extended to 9pm on your evening. People will do things like book 6:30 (obviously using it at the back end of the time), 7:30, and 8:30 FPs or similar, for example.

just posting to say I hope someone attends tonight too. Curious about crowd level, I'm going on the 21st - first will probably be worse but that's also during a holiday week so we'll see!

I'm doing the HEA with after fireworks party too with wine added so by then I may not care as much anyway!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter