• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

**Villains After Hours - Magic Kingdom** FAQ & Discussion Thread

Hello,

I was wondering, on our booked night, the park closes at 8 PM. Even ends at midnight. Is there a possibilitity that we could enter the park around 6 PM instead of 7 PM? I'd like to book a few fastpasses early, or a BOG meal if I can.

We don't have a park day that day and we are off-site.

Thank you,

Isabelle

Hello,

I was wondering, on our booked night, the park closes at 8 PM. Even ends at midnight. Is there a possibilitity that we could enter the park around 6 PM instead of 7 PM? I'd like to book a few fastpasses early, or a BOG meal if I can.

We don't have a park day that day and we are off-site.

Thank you,

Isabelle

The official park entry time for this event is 7pm regardless of the actual Villains After Hours event time. In practice they have at times let people in prior to 7pm, but it has tended to wobble back and forth over time. Arriving at 6 isn't a bad idea, but be prepared to wait just in case. Monitor the thread for real-world experiences prior to your date to gauge what the latest trend has been prior to your trip.

FYI, if your event time is 9pm-12am, it is almost certain park hours will eventually be extended to a 9pm closing on your date.

Thank you for your help! Last question (I think!). I am staying off-site. I assume that leaving after the event is madness. Is it easy to catch a taxi? Will they be waiting at the TTC? I'll be alone with my daughter, and at that time of night, I think I'd prefer that over an Uber.

Thank you for your help! Last question (I think!). I am staying off-site. I assume that leaving after the event is madness. Is it easy to catch a taxi? Will they be waiting at the TTC? I'll be alone with my daughter, and at that time of night, I think I'd prefer that over an Uber.

Although we are staying on property (AKL), I was wondering the same thing. Is it necessary to get to the TTC to catch a cab? If so, are there plenty of Minnie vans waiting outside MK for AH events?

Although we are staying on property (AKL), I was wondering the same thing. Is it necessary to get to the TTC to catch a cab? If so, are there plenty of Minnie vans waiting outside MK for AH events?
We've always just walked to Contemporary to grab a cab. They were never waiting for us, but arrived quickly. I was very surprised to see the monorail wasn't running, and didn't want to stand around waiting for a ferry or bus.

We've always just walked to Contemporary to grab a cab. They were never waiting for us, but arrived quickly. I was very surprised to see the monorail wasn't running, and didn't want to stand around waiting for a ferry or bus.
Oh. I assumed I would be able to get disney transportation back to WL, just hop on the boat. I guess I may have to be prepared to get a cab?

Just booked a few nights at the Poly at the end of a beach vaca. I noticed they are offering the villains party while we are there.
We have done the Halloween and a Christmas Parties so we know what to expect crowd wise from those. For those of you who have done them all how do the crowd levels compare? We would literally be going to hit the rides.
It appears you cannot enter until 7 pm so that’s a bit shorter hrs wide compared to the other hard ticket parties.
Any thoughts are greatly appreciated.

Just booked a few nights at the Poly at the end of a beach vaca. I noticed they are offering the villains party while we are there.
We have done the Halloween and a Christmas Parties so we know what to expect crowd wise from those. For those of you who have done them all how do the crowd levels compare? We would literally be going to hit the rides.
It appears you cannot enter until 7 pm so that’s a bit shorter hrs wide compared to the other hard ticket parties.
merged you to the proper thread

Thanks. Read enough to know we will pass and just chill at the Poly. Maybe they will off an after hours ticket. No desire to fight crowds.

Thanks. Read enough to know we will pass and just chill at the Poly. Maybe they will off an after hours ticket. No desire to fight crowds.

Don't judge this year based on last year. None of the context that led to higher than average AH crowds at this event is the same. Last year was the first run for this event, a surprise Villains theme, and dates were very limited (just a couple of months over the summer). They also replaced regular AH. And even with all of that, people still reported some dates being very similar to a regular AH event at MK. Even at the sold out date I went to (the final one), it was absolutely nothing like the massive crowds at Halloween & Xmas.

By contrast, this year we have massively increased numbers of dates over months and months, AND it's running concurrent to regular DAH, which is priced significantly cheaper. All of which will do a lot to spread out the crowds.

tl;dr: it's literally too early to make these kinds of snap judgments. The first event starts in a mater of days. Unless your trip starts next week, follow this thread to see what this year's trends are.

You wouldn't be fighting any crowds IMO. After hours is exponentially less crowded than any other hard ticket party. For even the most crowded VAH events last year waits were nonexistent on everything except the few headliners and those reached a max of about 20 min at peak, and didn't last long that way. I don't think we will see anything approaching that with the current events given the number they are offering and the fact that they run concurrent with regular DAH.

Just wanted to point out that it’s not like all the DAH events have been all candy canes and lollipops either. It’s like any Disney event... things (reviews) tend to ebb and flow. Some nights are more attended than others for various known/unknown reasons. Although generally speaking reviews tend to slant positive far more often than not.
I agree, we did not have the picture perfect DAH in February (2018 I think.) Definitely had plenty of people around all night. I never had a moment were we were the only ones like people have described before. There were long lines at some of the carts, especially in tomorrowland. Space mountain had the longest line bc mine train was down most of the event. We went over within 30 min of event start time (it was open during regular park hours) and it was shut down. We checked on it and walked by about 3 times and still down. Before the event closed we went one more time, still down, so I went and did fairytale hall for some princess pics before leaving and when I came out my husband was calling me to come quick and they opened it like 2 min before the event ended. We were really lucky to be right there at the right time. But even after all that, we really enjoyed the DAH and will most likely do them if available during our stays. I very much am looking forward to our VAH in June, as it is the sole reason for going. Flying down, going to event and flying back next day.

Hope crowds are low doing back to back this week with AH at animal kingdom Thursday then VAH Friday night can’t wait for both!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter