**Villains After Hours - Magic Kingdom** FAQ & Discussion Thread

Just wanted to note that we don’t know the ticket count for either event, or if they are the same. I personally think the ticket cap is probably much higher for Villains After Hours them Disney After Hours.

Just curious...why would they make the VAH have a higher ticket cap than the regular AH event?

Just curious...why would they make the VAH have a higher ticket cap than the regular AH event?

All speculation on my part, of course. I look at things like the fact they sell VAH-themed merchandise, special food/beverage offerings, the larger “production” that is VAH. And weaving in trends from reading all of the comments/reviews posted on both events. It just seems like something that is built for (and attracts) more people than DAH.

Although in fairness, we haven’t seen regular DAH sell out in awhile, so it’s hard to really say just what the ticket cap could be, since it hasn’t hit it.

It will be interesting to see how things go with both DAH and VAH this year with the relative explosion of number of events for both to choose from, vs the past which has seen a more limited number (especially VAH).

Hi all,

I've just read this whole thread.

I'm wondering how you know where the included popcorn and ice cream is offered? Is there something special on the carts? which drinks are offered?

My daughter loves popcorn. Do they track how much you eat?

Hi all,

I'm wondering how you know where the included popcorn and ice cream is offered? Is there something special on the carts? which drinks are offered?

The only indication will be if the cart is open, there’s not much more to it than that. It’ll be pretty obvious.

They don’t track how much you take.

Going to the 1st VAH event this year on feb 7 can’t wait lots of new snacks anything else new for this year?

How do Villains After Hours impact the rest of the parks? Should we avoid Magic Kingdom on that day? It was supposed to be our first day but we are worried about the crowds.

How do Villains After Hours impact the rest of the parks? Should we avoid Magic Kingdom on that day? It was supposed to be our first day but we are worried about the crowds.

In my opinion the only material aspect is that it’s more of a hard close at park closing, so there’s no hanging around if you’re a non VAH guest, no Kiss Goodnight, etc.

Technically there will be more people in the park from 7pm on, but not everyone going to VAH will arrive then, and some going to VAH may have opted to have that be their MK time instead of a regular park ticket, so it’s not exactly a one for one addition of people.

Close observers will notice less of a “fall off” as you get towards park closing, but to date it is not really mentioned all that often as having a significant impact, at least with last summer’s run.

One thing I thought interesting...I was talking to someone in IT to help me with my FP for the party (just prior to party since we can enter at 7) and they could only book FP up until 8:30. So one FP was 6:30-7:30 (they allowed because within party hours) and the other from 7:30-8:30. Nothing else after 8:30 was available to book. This was on March 6.

We're going on March 11 and I was able to book 6-7 (you get a 15 min grace period )7-8 and 8-9. You might try to do that and see if it works? March 11 has the one hour gap between park close and the event but my assumption is that they will probably extend hours....

One thing I thought interesting...I was talking to someone in IT to help me with my FP for the party (just prior to party since we can enter at 7) and they could only book FP up until 8:30. So one FP was 6:30-7:30 (they allowed because within party hours) and the other from 7:30-8:30. Nothing else after 8:30 was available to book. This was on March 6.

We decided on the regular DAH on March 16. I was able to get an 8:30 fastpass for 7dmt, but it says it's only good til 9, since currently the park closes at 9. I think it started out as an 8:20, but I was able to modify it later a bit at a time.

We decided on the regular DAH on March 16. I was able to get an 8:30 fastpass for 7dmt, but it says it's only good til 9, since currently the park closes at 9. I think it started out as an 8:20, but I was able to modify it later a bit at a time.
Well currently the hours are 9:00a-8:00p on 3/6 so it is interesting/weird that the system allowed booking until 8:30p. Seems like that last FP should be 7:30-8p.

I’ll try my best looks like rain for me 😞

Way too early to know exactly what the weather will be that night. The long range forecast defaults to rain showers/thunderstorms every day. Wait a few more days and see what the forecast looks like.

Way too early to know exactly what the weather will be that night. The long range forecast defaults to rain showers/thunderstorms every day. Wait a few more days and see what the forecast looks like.
Ok great thank you for the tip it gives me hoping for the best 😊

Well currently the hours are 9:00a-8:00p on 3/6 so it is interesting/weird that the system allowed booking until 8:30p. Seems like that last FP should be 7:30-8p.
Oops forgive me. I typed that wrong! It is only good for 30 minutes, til 8:00pm. I didn't realized hours were closing at 8pm. That makes sense now.

Hi all,

Take a look at easyWDW review of VAH. That was last year, but it'll give you a good idea of what to look for and what is offered.

Hi all,

my kid eats popcorn like he hasn't eaten in a month. I brought two empty gallon ziploc bags and got a few popcorns at a time (so we didn't have to wait in line so many times) and dumped them into the bags so he could eat it while walking between rides and i could seal it and stick it in my backpack while we rode. We still had a full one at the end of the night and dumped it into his popcorn bucket back at the room, which he promptly ate the next morning.

He also ate 6 mickey bars. well, 5 and an ear. He dropped one after eating just the ear on the bridge to the haunted mansion from frontierland. they obviously don't monitor consumption! I have never seen someone eat so much in my life actually - maybe I should have given him dinner. Oh well, Disney mom does not always make the best decisions. I think the kid prefers Disney mom to regular mom though!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter