**Villains After Hours - Magic Kingdom** FAQ & Discussion Thread

I was not a fan of the event but that was mainly because I had been to the non-Villains After Hours Events at MK before. What I loved about After Hours was the empty park feeling, being able to walk around and see no one else around, having ride vehicles to yourself because the crowds were so low, etc. All of that was missing from the Villains version. Now granted, seeing Maleficent at night was really cool and you can never go wrong with the free ice cream/popcorn/bottled beverages all night. But I don't think I would go to a Villains themed night again - I would rather save my money and go on a non-themed After Hours night.

I’m very torn about attending this event. On one hand, I’ve never been to an After Hours event so it’s intriguing. On the other hand, it would fall on the second full day of MK for us, so we’ll have been able to experience everything already. I read through some event reviews and the experiences seem to be very mixed. Gonna still consider it, but for anyone that has attended an AH after a full day at the same park: do you think it was worth it?

We did it last summer and loved it!! There is not as much going on as the Halloween or Christmas parties, but the the little effects they had, the food and unlimited free pop and water, and the darn near empty park made it very worth it for us. We rode almost everything while we were there except Peter Pan and Seven Drawfs Mine Train. The best was Big Thunder Mountain while fireworks were going off and Space Mountain. Space Mountain is pitch black during this event, the stars and solar system are turned off an you hear the villains talking during the ride......best experience ever!

I wonder why they stopped at July 10th for the last available day in July for the event?
Seems kind of odd they don’t have any the rest of July.

Finally got around to booking this for June 29th and can’t wait!! I wanted to do it when we were there last year but we’d already spent too much on EMM and 2 Dessert Parties so we’re doing this instead this year. Looking forward to seeing some reviews when it starts.

Are crowd levels for the Villains event still quite a bit higher than regular DAH? We did a Villains event last summer only because that was the only after hours event offered at the time. It was pretty crowded and nothing was close to a walk on. 30-40 minutes for Space Mtn, 15 minutes for Pooh, 30 for POTC, etc. Certainly lower than regular day crowds, but not what we were going for because we really only wanted short lines and weren't interested in any of the Villains stuff.

Are crowd levels for the Villains event still quite a bit higher than regular DAH? We did a Villains event last summer only because that was the only after hours event offered at the time. It was pretty crowded and nothing was close to a walk on. 30-40 minutes for Space Mtn, 15 minutes for Pooh, 30 for POTC, etc. Certainly lower than regular day crowds, but not what we were going for because we really only wanted short lines and weren't interested in any of the Villains stuff.

I’m wondering the same....
Not surprising that lines for Space Mountain and POTC would still be a bit longer since they have special villain overlays.
But really... everything else still having real lines?

We went in June last year hardly had any wait for anything. About 10 minutes for Space and POTC were the longest waits, except Seven Dwarfs was 20 and we skipped it.

I’m wondering the same....
Not surprising that lines for Space Mountain and POTC would still be a bit longer since they have special villain overlays.
But really... everything else still having real lines?
I have read a LOT of reviews on the VAH events and that is far from typical. Most report the only things with significant waits ( more than about 5-10 min) were Pirates, Space, and SDMT, and that most rides were walk on.

have read a LOT of reviews on the VAH events and that is far from typical. Most report the only things with significant waits ( more than about 5-10 min) were Pirates, Space, and SDMT, and that most rides were walk on.
That is good to know. I have not kept up with the reviews since we attended in August. However, our event was sold out and it was the last VAH on the schedule for last summer so it may have been extra crowded. If the crowds are low, we will consider doing it again.

That is good to know. I have not kept up with the reviews since we attended in August. However, our event was sold out and it was the last VAH on the schedule for last summer so it may have been extra crowded. If the crowds are low, we will consider doing it again.

Most definitely! The first one and the last one seemed to be extra crowded and busy with much higher wait times than most of the other events.

Most definitely! The first one and the last one seemed to be extra crowded and busy with much higher wait times than most of the other events.

though what scares me about this — It suggests they are willing to sell too many tickets to actually keep the promise of low wait times. If they are really going to market it in such a way, they really should put a tight enough cap on ticket sales to keep this promise.

I’m planning June 29th.... July 4th week. I’ll be pretty disappointed if there are moderate lines for the fairly popular rides...Peter Pan, Big Thunder Mountain.. I’ve heard Jungle Cruise is fun at night. If those type of rides have 15-20 minute lines, I’ll be pretty annoyed.

though what scares me about this — It suggests they are willing to sell too many tickets to actually keep the promise of low wait times. If they are really going to market it in such a way, they really should put a tight enough cap on ticket sales to keep this promise.

I’m planning June 29th.... July 4th week. I’ll be pretty disappointed if there are moderate lines for the fairly popular rides...Peter Pan, Big Thunder Mountain.. I’ve heard Jungle Cruise is fun at night. If those type of rides have 15-20 minute lines, I’ll be pretty annoyed.
I would too, but I don't think that's going to happen. I doesn't happen at the regular after hours events, and they have the same ticket cap. I think it happened at the first and last Villains event because it was such a limited run of something we had no way of knowing would return.

Did anyone on this thread get to do Club Villain when it was offered? That is something I would GLADLY pay a premium for if they brought it back. If they could find a space for it, I think it would be a great thing to do just before VAH.

We went to 2 VAH events last year, and rides weren't really the focus for us. However, I can still make a few observations about the VAH impact on wait times.

- One night we rode Space Mountain x 4, and Pirates x 1, despite sitting down to eat twice, stopping for multiple Magic Shots/photo ops, grabbing a spot to watch Maleficent, interacting with the train station villains, and bathroom breaks. Keep in mind, those 2 rides are arguably the most popular at VAH.

- Lots of people here were posting ride totals in the teens, and not just for less popular rides. 7DMT, PP's Flight, BTMRR... etc were often included in ride totals. By comparison, during my first regular Magic Kingdom After Hours, we rode 14 rides. If people can achieve similar or higher ride totals during VAH, I would deduce that wait times aren't much different than at a regular Magic Kingdom After Hours.

I would too, but I don't think that's going to happen. I doesn't happen at the regular after hours events, and they have the same ticket cap. I think it happened at the first and last Villains event because it was such a limited run of something we had no way of knowing would return.

Just wanted to note that we don’t know the ticket count for either event, or if they are the same. I personally think the ticket cap is probably much higher for Villains After Hours them Disney After Hours.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter