**Villains After Hours - Magic Kingdom** FAQ & Discussion Thread

Hi
I am just checking some information please.
So I have a ticket for March 18th 2020. VAH (Villains After Hours).

1). Time: 10:00pm to 1:00 Am,,, but I can enter at 7:00 Pm right?

2). I can book 3 FP+ on My Disney Experience 60 days ahead of time for 7:00 Pm. to 10:00 Pm. timeframe right?

3). These 3 Fp+ would be on my Disney Villians After Hours Ticket not a regular ticket I have in my account ,,right?.

4). Will I receive a wristband upon entry into MK (Magic Kingdom) OR is everything loaded on my Magic Band?

Thanks
Mel

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/en_CA/events-tours/magic-kingdom/disney-villains-after-hours/

Last edited:
Hi
I am just checking some information please.
So I have a ticket for March 18th 2020. VAH (Villains After Hours).

1). Time: 10:00pm to 1:00 Am,,, but I can enter at 7:00 Pm right?

2). I can book 3 FP+ on My Disney Experience 60 days ahead of time for 7:00 Pm. to 10:00 Pm. timeframe right?

3). These 3 Fp+ would be on my Disney Villians After Hours Ticket not a regular ticket I have in my account ,,right?.

4). Will I receive a wristband upon entry into MK (Magic Kingdom) OR is everything loaded on my Magic Band?

Thanks
Mel

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/en_CA/events-tours/magic-kingdom/disney-villains-after-hours/
Yes, you can enter at 7pm.
From what I’ve been reading if you have a day ticket and are going to the park the day of your VAH, you only get the 3 fp total. This is the part I could be slightly wrong on, but from what I’ve gathered, in order to get 3 fp under the VAH it had to be booked under a separate MDE account for you.
You will receive a wristband at the entrance, they usually have a person holding an after hours and that’s where you can check in and get the wristband.

I know lines and wait times are subjective. That said in general how do lines at VAH compare to MNSSHP? My in-laws are going on our next trip with us - early May 2020.

They HATE waiting in line at WDW: despite going almost every year for the last 30+ years, they swear there were many trips where they didn’t wait longer than 5 minutes for anything. They went to a MNSSHP with us a few years back and were not pleased with the lines. I still intermittently hear complaints about having to wait in line at that MNSSHP.

They are saying they want to do VAH with us. To give them a frame of reference, in general, more or less crowded than MNSSHP/MVMCP? Or what crowd level expectation seems good to set with them?

I’m also not wholly sure they understand the actual party doesn’t start until 10pm - how quickly do the lines drop off once non VAH guests are cleared/cut off from riding?

Thanks in advance!

I went to MNSSHP in Oct 2018 and the final VAH event this past August 2019, and there was really no comparison in terms of wait times. VAH was way better, even if they trended much higher than regular DAH events. But again, we don't have enough data to say what crowds will be like at next year's VAH. We only have one summer's worth of data to go by, the first year for a very popular theme (Villains) with a limited amount of dates. Some were packed and some weren't. Next year we'll have way more dates for it, and simultaneous regular DAH, so who knows what impact that will have.

Yes, you can enter at 7pm.
From what I’ve been reading if you have a day ticket and are going to the park the day of your VAH, you only get the 3 fp total. This is the part I could be slightly wrong on, but from what I’ve gathered, in order to get 3 fp under the VAH it had to be booked under a separate MDE account for you.
You will receive a wristband at the entrance, they usually have a person holding an after hours and that’s where you can check in and get the wristband.

Thanks for the help.
Mel

Are the shops open during VAH as well? Read through the whole thread and I see there is special merch available so I assume all shops are open as well? Thanks.

Are the shops open during VAH as well? Read through the whole thread and I see there is special merch available so I assume all shops are open as well? Thanks.

I don’t remember if all the shops were open, but the Emporium definitely was. Keep in mind that the event merch is available in specific shops, not everywhere.

I don’t remember if all the shops were open, but the Emporium definitely was. Keep in mind that the event merch is available in specific shops, not everywhere.
We purchased event merchandise in Star Traders and Momento Mori as well.

We purchased event merchandise in Star Traders and Momento Mori as well.

Yeah, I do remember seeing it in Momento Mori, but I didn’t pay it too much attention because I was one of the crazies at the party who waited like an hour to get in for first crack at the Haunted Mansion 50th anniversary merch. :crazy2:

Is there any reason to believe that with this latest group of offerings, that regular DAH will be less crowded than VAH, unless the villains theme or the calendar brings in lots of extra people? I've read through most of the thread above about crowds, and it's not clear to me why Disney would set a lower limit for DAH than they would for VAH. Isn't it possible that they set a low limit for DAH initially but now have raised that cap for all such events?

I’m sad they are ending it this early this year. I’m going at the same time I did last year, but am 8 days too late. :( Holding slim hope they might extend.

What is the most efficient method of transportation for VAH events? We are staying at BC and I keep reading horror stories about the bus service to/from the Magic Kingdom. Would it be best to park at the TTC?

What is the most efficient method of transportation for VAH events? We are staying at BC and I keep reading horror stories about the bus service to/from the Magic Kingdom. Would it be best to park at the TTC?

I personally would rather bus from BC vs driving. We’ve stayed at YC several times over the last few years and we’ve never had a particularly negative bus experience to/from MK, although I read about them all the time so I know it happens. Sometimes the bus back after After Hours events will have non-traditional sharing, like all of the Epcot resorts combined (but sometimes it might be normal routes). Sometimes that’s not that fun if you happen to be last.

We do take Minnie Vans on occasion when they are convenient or we’re looking to save a few minutes. They (usually) end service at 12:30am and availability gets a little spotty as the night gets late so they aren’t always a good option for the return trip.

Uber/Lyft/Taxi to CR and walking would be another option.

This is a photo of the VAH pamphlet from last year. It shows all shops selling event merch.IMG_20200103_210443.jpg

Well, I love Halloween and it's not for 300 days, so I'm thinking about going 2/14. Does anyone have any guesses when that night will sell out? I'm putting together the trip this week or next didn't know if I needed to buy tickets first.

Well, I love Halloween and it's not for 300 days, so I'm thinking about going 2/14. Does anyone have any guesses when that night will sell out? I'm putting together the trip this week or next didn't know if I needed to buy tickets first.
With it being Valentine's Day, I would err on the side of caution, and buy now. It's true that Villains After Hours didn't have many sell-outs last year, but the Magic Kingdom is a popular place on the holidays.

The speciality snacks seem like not as good as last year? Still, fingers crossed, maybe on the night (12/6) I might be in the mood...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter