V.I.Passholder Nights in MK and EP

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just received the survey. Questions that stood out were
Do you know your ap benefits (list of ap benefits)
Are you likely to upgrade or downgrade next year
Do you receive ap communications and through which way
Specific to the event:
How crowded was it
Attraction variety
Dining variety
Merchandise variety
Do you feel more, less or same amount appreciated as an ap
There were sections where you could elaborate so everyone that attended fill out their survey

I just received the survey. Questions that stood out were
Do you know your ap benefits (list of ap benefits)
Are you likely to upgrade or downgrade next year
Do you receive ap communications and through which way
Specific to the event:
How crowded was it
Attraction variety
Dining variety
Merchandise variety
Do you feel more, less or same amount appreciated as an ap
There were sections where you could elaborate so everyone that attended fill out their survey

I just filled out my survey. Told them exactly what I reported here -- it was "fine" but not a VIP experience. They needed to do a better job clearing out day guests and checking wristbands.

I completed the survey, as well, noting that this event did not make me feel more valued as a Passholder.

I can't see this working well in Epcot, unless they like half the numbers they allotted for the MK Event. It's one thing when MK offers 20+ attractions. You take the same amount of people and they only have like 6 rides to choose from it'll seem even busier than the MK event did.

I can't see this working well in Epcot, unless they like half the numbers they allotted for the MK Event. It's one thing when MK offers 20+ attractions. You take the same amount of people and they only have like 6 rides to choose from it'll seem even busier than the MK event did.
They're banking on a lot of people being interested in doing food and wine booths

I would like to see Disney bring back special events for Passholders like the after Park Close "Saving Mr. Banks" screening at DHS where,after the screening,there was a Red Carpet in front of the Chinese Theater for Passholders to walk and Mary Poppins,Bert and the Penguins were there for a Meet.

Now that was a VIP experience!:)

I would like to see Disney bring back special events for Passholders like the after Park Close "Saving Mr. Banks" screening at DHS where,after the screening,there was a Red Carpet in front of the Chinese Theater for Passholders to walk and Mary Poppins,Bert and the Penguins were there for a Meet.

Now that was a VIP experience!:)
That sounds so fun!

We had planned a trip to go specifically for this event in October and after reading through reviews we've decided to cancel our trip. Having long lines for rides does not sound very fun when we normally just ride rides with fast passes now. I'm a little sad since I had the perfect dining line up for our quick trip, but we'll be there two weeks later for our wedding so we figured it would be better to save our money instead.

Would be interested but Disney doesn't seem to want to hold any of these events in December and that is usually when I go. No AP event nor a DVC Moonlight Magic in December. You already cancelled the Merry Mixer so what gives Disney?

I'm greatly saddened by the lack of anything but the upcharge (MVMCP) events in December also. It used to be I had a 20-25% chance of hitting one of the DVC Mingles, but then they zapped those and replaced them with MM (okay, wasn't very holidayish, but was decent) only not to have anything in 2018?

I'd even settle for a V I Passholder night in Dec. *sigh*
At least I love my resort.

I'm greatly saddened by the lack of anything but the upcharge (MVMCP) events in December also. It used to be I had a 20-25% chance of hitting one of the DVC Mingles, but then they zapped those and replaced them with MM (okay, wasn't very holidayish, but was decent) only not to have anything in 2018?

I'd even settle for a V I Passholder night in Dec. *sigh*
At least I love my resort.

I'm beginning to think the best Disney will do is add EMH at MK to more than just one night until 11P. I would really enjoy a night at Moonlight Magic at DHS in December with what they had last year and the new Holiday additions. I really enjoyed that park a couple of years ago with the snow and decorations. Probably a pipe dream though.

So many people are saying they wouldn't plan a whole trip around this event. We did plan an entire trip around this and now I'm wondering if we should cancel all together and not go. My Fiance was excited about the event and I'm worried he's going to be let down.

We did too. I was shocked I saw the email right away and responded in time to score tickets. As I've read and talked to folks who attended, especially the Epcot event, I realize this isn't a special event at all. I'm cancelling our trip. It's not worth it.

They do a good job clearing out the crowds for Halloween and Christmas parties. I don't get why they aren't doing it for this. Disney rarely gets things right the first time. It takes tweaking and adjusting. I think this type of event (FREE!!) will eventually be a great thing, just not yet.

We did too. I was shocked I saw the email right away and responded in time to score tickets. As I've read and talked to folks who attended, especially the Epcot event, I realize this isn't a special event at all. I'm cancelling our trip. It's not worth it.

They do a good job clearing out the crowds for Halloween and Christmas parties. I don't get why they aren't doing it for this. Disney rarely gets things right the first time. It takes tweaking and adjusting. I think this type of event (FREE!!) will eventually be a great thing, just not yet.

There has not been an Epcot event yet. First one is 9/6.

I'm beginning to think the best Disney will do is add EMH at MK to more than just one night until 11P. I would really enjoy a night at Moonlight Magic at DHS in December with what they had last year and the new Holiday additions. I really enjoyed that park a couple of years ago with the snow and decorations. Probably a pipe dream though.
A DHS evening would be nice if they kept the holiday laser show going all night.

We're fast approaching the 90 day out window that CL guests can make their FP+ bookings and have yet to see any news about them adding more MM nights (although the wording on the page indicates they had every intent to). I'm wondering if/why they scrapped the idea.

Just sitting here waiting for the email to outline some more details about the Epcot event. Wondering how much I value hitting the F&W booths. But I'll at least tap in because I need another Epcot entrance to get that cutting board. :rotfl2:

Side note -- I really hope that entrance to this event still counts as an entry into Epcot. If not, I'll be inquiring at GS for my cutting board. Determined to get it.

Last edited:
Just sitting here waiting for the email to outline some more details about the Epcot event. Wondering how much I value hitting the F&W booths. But I'll at least tap in because I need another Epcot entrance to get that cutting board. :rotfl2:

Side note -- I really hope that entrance to this event still counts as an entry into Epcot. If not, I'll be inquiring at GS for my cutting board. Determined to get it.

I totally forgot that an email is coming about it. lol

Now I am impatient all over again!!!!

Also, will the Friendship boats still be running to Epcot? I'll be traveling from DHS after Fantasmic. I had planned to walk, but it'll be a long day and would like the option to ride the boat. Worst case scenario, I can get off at the YC/BC stop, since I know it'll be running there.

I'm worried about transportation too. Our AP night will be our one night at Poly and will need to monorail. I hope it is still running :scratchin

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter