V.I.Passholder Nights in MK and EP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah maybe we should just hang out on the GF beach and watch the fireworks. ::yes::::yes::::yes:::laughing::laughing:

That is always a lovely option! I have changed plans last minute and enjoyed my time watching the fireworks from the Grand. Maybe play it by ear and see how the day is going.

So quick question on the VIPassholder, I have my AP that qualifies for VIP, but my friends don't, does that mean Disney will have them leave, but only let me stay? Kinda feel like they should have added Silver to the List if so.

Additionally, by “qualifies” do you mean you have the type of pass that got the invitation, or you actually signed up? The events required registration (which has already filled and closed).

I’m curious to know how they were checking that people were actually registered. If they didn’t ask for the email confirmation what did they do? Check a list? Scan your band?

I’m curious to know how they were checking that people were actually registered. If they didn’t ask for the email confirmation what did they do? Check a list? Scan your band?
Yes they were asking for people's names and ID's I believe to confirm they were registered in the system.

Mostly showing confirmation and AP card, but there were reports of them checking a list by name, if confirmation not available to present. For those checking in for event at main entrance to park, CMs were doing check-in after security, but before tapstiles.

Last edited:
For those attending the EP V.I.Passholder events, you may want to print off the schedule that's attached to the second email. They did not have any printed hand-out to guests listing what was open at the MK event, though the CMs had a printed schedule. Being offered the opportunity to take a picture just did not cut it, when if you wanted to see it on your phone, you could just open up the second email.

My son and I (age 3) drove in from Jacksonville and stayed at Pop specifically for this event. I’m super disappointed, and truly feel like I just attended EMH. We arfived to the park at 5 and used 2 of our 3 fast passes - Enchanted Tales with Belle, Peter Pan and rode standby for Under the Sea and IASW. We ate at Casey’s then used our final FP at Jungle Cruise. After, we went to tortuga to grab wristbands. Process seemed VERY unorganized! One cast asked my last name, typed it into her iPad and checked my ID before sending ting me over to a second cast with wristbands. I could have easily walked right up to the second cast member for a band.

This was about 8:30 at this point. We moved into Tomorrowland for Buzz, Speedway, Peoplemover (longest I have EVER waited for this ride!) and Double teacups all before the event started.

Within the event time we hit
Dumbo
Barnstormer
Winnie the Pooh
Princess’s Fairy Tale Hall (Cindy/Elena)
IASW (again...)
Photopass on Main Street
Mickey at town Square (worst photopass photos I’ve ever had)

Honestly we got more accomplished using Fastpass than we did during the event. Wait times were still pretty long for the major attractions. Astro Orbiter stayed long all night. Not my favorite but my son and I had fun and that’s all that matters.

For those attending the EP V.I.Passholder events, you may want to print off the schedule that's attached to the second email. They did not have any printed hand-out to guests listing what was open at the MK event, though the CMs had a printed schedule. Being offered the opportunity to take a picture just did not cut it, when if you wanted to see it on your phone, you could just open up the second email.
We received a printed list of what attractions were available. My bet is they ran out quickly.

I was offered a hand out of what was open, and was asked for my email confirmation, FWIW.

I was offered a hand out of what was open, and was asked for my email confirmation, FWIW.

We received a printed list of what attractions were available. My bet is they ran out quickly.
Nothing was handed out when checking in at main entrance at about 7:20, and was told inside park by two CMs, about 30 minutes later, that there was no print-out available. Add this to the list for poor planning and disorganization.

They didn't hand out the flyer showing what was open at the front entrance for some reason. While on the transit authority during the fireworks I looked down and saw them handing them out at the Stich check in so I went over there. They had a ton of them there.

To chime in on the what did they want to see to check you in question, they never asked to see my confirmation they just wanted to see the ID and pass holder card of the person in the group that registered.

We were hoping to see Tim from the Tim Tracker there, bummer we missed him, we love watching his resort tour videos when thinking about which resort to try next

The paper was at the front entrance next to the regular maps, I entered around 7pm and the racks were full

I wouldn’t make any special trips for this honestly. To us it was like a crowed EMH. We did After Hours the night prior and that was much better.We left this event early...to many without wrist bands hanging around past 11 making park feel crowded. Longer lines, etc. We have done DVC moonlight magic events and those were much more manageable than this.

I was going to come here and complain like everyone else, but then decided to take a positive spin on things.

During Sunday night's event we got to ride Space Mountain with the lights on. Not all the lights but because People Mover was not running during the event the crews were working on it. Because of that all the track lights were on and that caused the whole inside of Space Mountain to be lit up enough to see most of everything. That was very cool and my favorite part of the evening. You could see the whole track, you could see the turns and what was above and below you. It was a completely different experience and something I have never done before and who knows if I will ever get to again.

So yeah, it was crowded and not what we were expecting, but we got to ride Space Mountain and see it in a way we have never before.

So... thumbs up I guess.

So many people are saying they wouldn't plan a whole trip around this event. We did plan an entire trip around this and now I'm wondering if we should cancel all together and not go. My Fiance was excited about the event and I'm worried he's going to be let down.

I think a major problem with the MK event was the fact that it started at 10 PM. When the park closed to non-event guests at 10 PM, there was no announcement or direction given to those other guests that there was a private event.

It should be better for the TSL event, which is scheduled before Park opening.

Let's hope that the MK event was somewhat of a learning experience for Disney.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter