Useless Facts/Chit Chat Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just went and looked at the first Useless Chit Chat thread and it took 6 days for it to reach post 100.

You're a crazy... but kind hearted bunch.;) Even the grumpy guys out there..and you know who you are! In any case, if you wouldn't mind keeping my Bob in mind..or if in your prayers if you are so inclined, I'd really appreciate it.

We are so inclined pixiedust: ,,,:thumbsup2 . Make sure to post an update when you can .

Oh man, it's one of the oldest restaurants/bars in Disney!! It's in the original Disney Village area (or as we still call it, Lake Buena Vista), it's across from the Rainforest Cafe. It sits on the water, and has a rather large wrap-a-round bar that has great views of the lake and pretty much all of the Disney Village.

Oh yeah, Chris!!! I forget about that place! And yes - we still call it either Lake Buena Vista or the Disney Village.

I remember when there was a hamburger joint where Ghiradelli's now sits.

You're getting close to "Reilly Time", aren't you!!!

I'm scared being all by myself, I will not obey the voices, I will not obey the voices!

Okay everybody, listen up,,it has been brought to my attention by voice #1 that we are paying WAY to much time entertaining ourselves with voice #2 and #3 ,,I have been told that Voice #2 tends to be a bad influence and Voice #3 has us leaning toward not caring bout anything less it's Fort related. Voice #1 feels like it has the most seniorty and we should take it's considerations first and seriously in all matters. That being said , voice #1 would like for all of us to start with a pitcher of Kungaloosh and try to drown out voices #2 and #3 . Okay , if everybody is ready , voice #1 says "Let's get started !" ...Mr :goofy: (MHOOBY)

Okay everybody, listen up,,it has been brought to my attention by voice #1 that we are paying WAY to much time entertaining ourselves with voice #2 and #3 ,,I have been told that Voice #2 tends to be a bad influence and Voice #3 has us leaning toward not caring bout anything less it's Fort related. Voice #1 feels like it has the most seniorty and we should take it's considerations first and seriously in all matters. That being said , voice #1 would like for all of us to start with a pitcher of Kungaloosh and try to drown out voices #2 and #3 . Okay , if everybody is ready , voice #1 says "Let's get started !" ...Mr :goofy: (MHOOBY)

I was just informed that Voice # 2 has a cousin that would like to meet us.

I could go along with voice #1. I just need to learn to make this Kungaloosh stuff first. Good thing i'm making my weekly trip into town today.

I don't *hate* my new dog, but there are times when I wonder what the heck I was thinking !! She is an almost 5 month old miniature schnauzer who has the WORST gas ever !! She can clear a room, no kidding. She also still has accidents in the house every now and then. Grrrr. I keep telling myself she's just a puppy and this stage will pass. I feel like we have a BABY in the house again :headache:

Someone got my boys a book called "Walter the Farting Dog" (with boys there's nothing funnier than a dog with gas problems :confused3 ) and it is about a dog who has the same problem as your puppy...it ends up being useful in the end!

I go and have a busy week and the first useless thread gets locked and the 2nd I don't post on until it is over 100!!!! Man!

Frank, I don't know about listening to this voice #1 stuff! I miss WAY too much! I think #2 has the right idea.

Phyllis, my goodness! I have already prayed for Bob. And for you. I know you want to be strong in the face of your family, but dear, if you need to have a good cry, don't hold it in! Just get it out~ you'll feel so much better. Then trust! God is the greatest physician!

This is for you: It is the Chinese symbol for crisis. From danger, comes opportunity. A wise person will always find the opportunity in a crisis situation. I already know you are very wise. I have witnessed it in many posts. Although, when faced with danger, a little reminder never hurts.

language-1.jpg

Oh....it's back!

Maybe it was just me all along. Maybe I just had one of those lapse of mind "moments"

Carry on......

Oh yeah, Chris!!! I forget about that place! And yes - we still call it either Lake Buena Vista or the Disney Village.

I remember when there was a hamburger joint where Ghiradelli's now sits.

You're getting close to "Reilly Time", aren't you!!!

Hey Debbie, yea, when I was talking to my parents yesterday, we actually referred to it as Lake Buena Vista quite a few times during the conversation. I guess it's just because how we grew up with it, so it's stuck. Although if we're on the "other" side, where the Virgin Megastore and all that is, we do refer to that as "Downtown Disney".

I remember as a kid, right near where Ghiradellis is now, there used to be a HUGE playset for kids to play in. You could climb up in it, and there were tunnels and slides and everything. That was there pretty much my entire youth.

They tore it down probably 10 years ago, and they put a tower in it's place, that when you looked into the tower, you looked at a mirror. And up at the top was a huge kaleidoscope, so the whole mirror was like one big kaleidoscope. It was pretty cool, but I'm not surprised they tore it down, after you see it a couple times it kind of loses the novelty...lol.

And yep, we're definitely close to Reilly time, her official due date is April 20th, so it could be anytime now ;)

It was on the front porch, but it's a start.;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter