Useless Facts/Chit Chat Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey marybrat - I grew up in WNY. Sahlen's hot dogs - the best. Is Shelly still in existance?
Here in Eastern PA we go to Yocco's for chili dogs and pierogis. Owned by Lee Iacocca's family, so you know where he eats when he's in town.

Hey ftwildernessguy. Gee, what made you leave WNY? I can't think of any reason to leave here. :lmao:

Ahh, Sahlen's hotdogs. Nothing like 'em. Webber's horseradish mustard is a must too. A tall glass of Aunt Rosie's loganberry to wash it all down. I'm not sure what Shelly is.

I say cara mel.... put jimmies on my icecream...

and eat Taylor ham for breakfast.

Forget all them. Why are there no Bojangle's past mid-SC?:confused3

If I'm not mistaken, that Cajun Food, spicy chickened, dirty riced, fast food place that is just like back home on the bayou was actually started in North Carolina. I guess not everyone knows that it's got a lot of flavor, ya'll. (Have you seen the Delhomme/Smith commercial 'Show me the chicken'?)

Speaking of ya'll do you think Paula Dean, ya'll, really says ya'll that often in real life, ya'll? (After you've fried, ya'll, that chicken, dip it in this butter dippin sauce, ya'll). I say ya'll myself, but she exceeds her daily ya'll limit by a lot. Ya'll.

Cara mel.

If I'm not mistaken, that Cajun Food, spicy chickened, dirty riced, fast food place that is just like back home on the bayou was actually started in North Carolina. I guess not everyone knows that it's got a lot of flavor, ya'll. (Have you seen the Delhomme/Smith commercial 'Show me the chicken'?)

Speaking of ya'll do you think Paula Dean, ya'll, really says ya'll that often in real life, ya'll? (After you've fried, ya'll, that chicken, dip it in this butter dippin sauce, ya'll). I say ya'll myself, but she exceeds her daily ya'll limit by a lot. Ya'll.

Cara mel.

There is no way she says ya'll that many times in real life!! I think it's either an act for the show to make her sound even more southern than she is, or else it's a nervous habit when the cameras come on. (Like some people say "um" a lot when they're publicly speaking).

Hey ftwildernessguy. Gee, what made you leave WNY? I can't think of any reason to leave here. :lmao:

Ahh, Sahlen's hotdogs. Nothing like 'em. Webber's horseradish mustard is a must too. A tall glass of Aunt Rosie's loganberry to wash it all down. I'm not sure what Shelly is.

Can't speak for ftwildernessguy, but my family moved here from Charleston, SC because it was 3 1/2 hours closer to WDW!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Can't speak for ftwildernessguy, but my family moved here from Charleston, SC because it was 3 1/2 hours closer to WDW!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That's why we moved from Minnesota to Florida! :D

I'm on a slow migration South. Made it to Allentown Pa so far.

Shelly hotdogs were pretty famous in the 60's. A. Shelangowski and sons meat packing. Guess they are gone, but they made a mean dog.

I heard Jim's opened up in Easton, if not, take a ride to Toby's!

Study: Alligators Dangerous No Matter How Drunk You Are
May 10, 2006 | Issue 42•19

BATON ROUGE, LA—In a breakthrough study that contradicts decades of understanding about the nature of alligator–drunkard relations, Louisiana State University researchers have concluded that people's drunkenness does not impair the ancient reptiles' ability to inflict enormous physical harm.
Alligators exhibit the potential to inflict serious harm, regardless of the blood-alcohol levels of their victims.
"Our data strongly indicates that human intoxication does not transform an alligator into a docile creature that enjoys wrestling," said professor Ryder McCrory, chair of the Wildlife Taunting Department of LSU's prestigious Center For Bullying And Hazing Studies. "Despite its slow-witted demeanor and tendency to bask motionlessly in the hot sun, it's a mistake to believe that an alligator will passively tolerate a half nelson, no matter how much Southern Comfort is fueling it."

McCrory said the study yielded statistics that speak for themselves.

"In 10 out of 10 documented cases of violent alligator–drunkard encounters, the reptile was not influenced by the fact that the victim was 'just kidding' or 'just having some fun,'" McCrory said.

To an alligator, McCrory explained, a human forearm, even drunkenly dangled between the creature's casually opened jaws, still appears to be prey.

In field experiments, members of the control group performed no better-—and often far worse—than their sober counterparts in defending themselves against a 300-pound, seven-foot bull alligator. Even when armed with an empty tequila bottle.

"At best, the bottles bounced harmlessly off the alligator's snout," said LSU research assistant Tracy Sawyer.

When placed in water, the drunken volunteers fared even worse, and the alligator markedly better, Sawyer said.

In addition, the alligators far outperformed their inebriated human counterparts in the following areas: lunging, biting, crushing, dismembering, and swallowing.

Enlarge Image
Drunkard Jim Boudreaux taunts the alligator he called "a total *****" in front of friends.
According to the study, an alligator's characteristic grin should not be interpreted as a lighthearted reaction to the outrageous nerve of an alcohol-addled human. "Don't let an alligator's easygoing appearance fool you," Sawyer said. "These creatures have no empathy for drunken pranksters looking for fun. They are not black bears."

McCrory recommended that alligator wrestling be undertaken solely by professionals, specifically roadside-attraction proprietors. For drunkards interested in proving their mettle with alligators, the researchers proposed these guidelines:

Instead of baiting an alligator, seek another form of drunken recreation, such as attending a strip club, burning a pile of tires, or painting one's buttocks with a funny face and videotaping it.

Sick or infant deer are considered a far safer match for most inebriated humans; kicking a raccoon or squirrel already dying by the side of the road is also recommended.

Experts suggest that those who become aggressive after consuming alcohol would be safer channeling that energy into more constructive behavior, such as calling an ex-lover.

And McCrory warned drunkards who "absolutely must assault an alligator while inebriated" to first make sure it is not a John Deere Gator cargo utility vehicle. This oversight "is a common occurrence," he said.

Note to self- do not wander into the FW canals after the LeCellier Torontopolitons. I might try to make friends with the cute little gator and lose an arm!

Kettle Corn, when well made, is fantastic.

carMEL is a delicious sweet treat. CARmel is the city on the Central coast of CA (where DH and I honeymooned)

I just want to say how sorry I feel for all of you who have to live in the east and eat White Castle. Here in the west we have In-N-Out, the most delicious hamburger ever created, you don't know what you're missing!

Hey, I have a random food question, can someone tell me about Cici's pizza buffet? I see the commercials for it on cable all the time, and the nearest one is like 800 miles from me?

I almost hope it is bad so I can stop feeling like I'm missing out.

Cici's pizza is well, crapiola..... any buffet for $4.29 cannot be good....

Now for In-N-Out, you have a point there..... if they were next door to each other, I'd have a hard time picking one.. The good thing, is that they aren't, so when in SoCal, eat the In-N-Out, when in NJ, it's castles...... lol

you aren't missing out on much...although they do serve a pretty good spinach alfredo pizza....nothing really special...just cheap and fast if you are in a hurry to take a load of kids to the movies!!! i e DO A CHEAP BIRTHDAY KIDDIE BASH!

Hey, I have a random food question, can someone tell me about Cici's pizza buffet? I see the commercials for it on cable all the time, and the nearest one is like 800 miles from me?

I almost hope it is bad so I can stop feeling like I'm missing out.

Like others have said, you are not missing much. If you want a cheap meal that the kids like (not you), then I would go, otherwise, I would stay away. Cici's does do cheap parties and they do sponsor the local schools by having a school night out for many of the elementary schools. For all the sales they get that particular night, they give 10% back to that school. I don't go there unless I have to! ;)

Yuck........sweeet popcorn....

sweet popcorn and sweet tea ........there outa be a law against both...

You must be from the north. Sweet tea is a staple in the south. I am not including Florida, where I live, because native Floriidans like me are few and far between!;) When I lived in AL, if you asked for unsweet tea, they looked at you like you came from Mars.

However, I do feel your pain with the sweet popcorn...

just for the record, where is Colson? We looked for him July 4th weekend, and now he's MIA.

I saw someone at the Fort that looked like him, but he had on Gators Crocs, and I know he's a frustrated Miami fan. Hope he's ok.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter