Useless Facts/Chit Chat Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gatordad

<font color=blue>Hates WDW<br><marquee behavior=al
Being that our thread for white castles got locked up, I figured I'd start the nonsense thread. This way, we can chat about things that are "off-topic" while not hijacking another thread about bus loops, golf carts, trading posts etc........ Let's see if we can get this baby up to 5000 posts.

Works for me! You never did tell me how many tix to look for while I am trying to find ours! We are going whether we have tix or not. Tailgating is fun whether you win or lose.:thumbsup2

Hey there, tossed the kids out to the backyard kiddie pool to get them off my computer :mad: so here I am.

I have a question that really isn't worthy of it's own thread, if I may ask here.

The last time I was at WDW was some 15 years ago, back when I was young and free. DH and the DS's haven't ever been. Of course I'm the planner mom, and since I've been before and all... but that was before AK was open, and before Fast Pass too.

Am I going to be completely horrified and shocked when we show up next summer? Or am I gonna go "okay, same same, we're good"? It seems like I've read alot of stuff that would indicate that it is much much more crowded. Although, uh, when I went before I was usually in some degree of intoxication so perhaps I just didn't notice. (When you're 25 and single, Epcot calls to you.... come, buy my beer, then go to Morocco and buy some new earrings) I'm sure there weren't nearly as many hotels on-site, and it was entirely possible to get a sit-down dinner with a phone call after you'd arrived at the park. Since that's all changed, I wonder what else has changed, too.

For those of you that have been going to WDW for a long time, what's been the biggest change that you've noticed?

Will I make this thread close too if I mention White Castle and Krystal in the same sentence again? :laughing:

For those of you that have been going to WDW for a long time, what's been the biggest change that you've noticed?

The biggest thing I have noticed is that most of the menus around the restaurants are going to the same type of food. I know it is a cost cutting measure, but I really liked to be able to go to a variety of restaurants with different flavors. They seemed to have late really dumbed down the kids menus at the table service restaurants as well. That is my opinion and I am sure someone will disagree, but I have been going since 1973, so I think I have a good base of knowledge to go by...;)

I gotta tell you that I think White castles are NASTY.
But as an American I support your right to do the wrong thing.

If you are really Jonesing for some sliders Gatordad, I could manifold a dozen of them for the trip down in December ? your call.

Other than the nasty little coney (with the best chili cheese fries that ever blocked an artery) down the street from the station I work at, we dont have anything unique.

We would however like a Sonic up here, where do we sign up for that ?

Scott

Ummm, Sonic good. We have two, I'll trade one out for a White Castle. Fair enough?

I remember fondly the first time I went to a White Castle. There is none anywhere close to where I live, but gosh there was one on the way to the airport (2 hours from our house). Just a suggestion- do not eat White Castle and then get on an airplane. :crazy2:

We also don't have a Krispy Kreme. I'd trade one of the Sonics out for that, and throw in a bonus Hardees.

I was so proud of myself. My first locked thread. :cool1: :banana: :banana:
Oh and if the OP goes right OT does it matter then?:confused3

Speaking of bringing foods south, my DH used to bring down chili from this great hot dog stand in Elizabeth, NJ. We used to have to drive there and pick it up by the quart. We'd freeze it and bring it down to his dad. The hot dog place always looked at us like we were crazy.:rotfl2:

Thanks for the offer of the Castles.... but I'll survive. I had them back in June when I went to NJ. I don't think I was in the rental car more than 20 minutes before I pulled into the one on Elmora Ave in Elizabeth......

Hey, where's the chili place in Elizabeth?

Did you know they knocked down the Newark Hot dogs place on Rt 1 in Edison?

Hey there, tossed the kids out to the backyard kiddie pool to get them off my computer :mad: so here I am.

Probably the single biggest change I've noticed in the time since I began is the sticker shock :eek: . That, and I cast a MUCH bigger shadow on the ground than I did when we went on our honeymoon. Anyone else notice that particular change? Maybe I need to check my eyes again.

On a more relevant note, there are many more interesting rides, and a few favorites have retired to make room. Crowds can be bigger, but there are more parks for more people.

Hey, where's the chili place in Elizabeth?
Funny you should ask, it was on Elmora Ave in Elizabeth, small world! It was George's Hot Dog stand. My FIL had been going there since it was a cart. It's been closed though.:sad2: My DH tries every hot dog place in search of the chili.:rotfl2: He's actually heard that another place has the recipe so he is going to try to find it. :rotfl2: He has to drop me off at the airport on Sunday so I think he and our DD will be driving around Elizabeth in search of hot dogs and chili.:lmao: :lmao:

He's off to look at Golf Carts this morning. Apparently my Dsis knew of a local place. Who knew they sold golf carts in NJ?? Anyway, not sure if I want new or refurbed and spruced up. Saw a GEM on line the other day and it was sooo cute. Reminded me of a VW bug.:thumbsup2

White Castle saved my DH life when he was a bachelor back in the 50's.Ten for a dollar kept him from starving.

Vic Gerard in Farmingdale (near Englishtown/Manalapan) sells cars. I think his store is on 547 If I remember correctly.

Ever go to Max's down in long branch, or the windmill? Or if you are up north, there's hot dog johnnies in Butzville, or Toby's Cup in Phillipsburg.....

Since were just discussing unless things, I was wondering if you are going to the Ft for lets say 14 days and you split up your reservation so you can have dining for 7 days of it, can you use the dining anytime for the 14 days or does it have to be used the first let say 7 days, does anyone know ? And of course the last 7 days we would eat 'white castle'..lol..:rotfl:

Since were just discussing unless things, I was wondering if you are going to the Ft for lets say 14 days and you split up your reservation so you can have dining for 7 days of it, can you use the dining anytime for the 14 days or does it have to be used the first let say 7 days, does anyone know ? And of course the last 7 days we would eat 'white castle'..lol..:rotfl:

I believe you can use any left over dining options thru the eighth day (this is your checkout day of the first reservation) They arent good after that....White Castles it is!

HEY! stop hijacking my nonsense with useful questions....... those are reserved for the other threads

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!