Just me personally, but 15% isn't enough of a discount for me to take such large risks with high amount gift cards from smaller 3rd party websites. And as comment #155 on the on the linked dis board who had to fight to get the money back said, "
Even though I ended up with the savings, it was not worth the time and angst and I do not think I would use that site again."

A much easier way to get 15 - 20% savings is to get as many family members as authorized users on your Amex card. If you could brothers, sisters, aunts, uncles, parents and get 10 or more authorized users, you can easily rack up the Amex offers savings.
Agreed. There is too much risk in buying a gift card from a reseller when you don't plan to use it right away. Even when you transfer the card, it is not protected since it can be tracked. If whoever had the original card claims it was stolen, or if it was actually stolen, the brand can freeze the original card and freeze the funds on the card that it was transferred to.

Agreed. There is too much risk in buying a gift card from a reseller when you don't plan to use it right away. Even when you transfer the card, it is not protected since it can be tracked. If whoever had the original card claims it was stolen, or if it was actually stolen, the brand can freeze the original card and freeze the funds on the card that it was transferred to.
If you plan to use it right away is there much risk associated with it?

Do all these resellers only use cards sold to them from individuals or do they also have the ability to buy discounted cards directly from the companies? Wondering because it seems odd that they are able to offer the cards at constant amounts unless they have a way to buy direct.

Any one know where to sell an iTunes/App Store gift card? or any good use for it? looks like all I could use it for is games or iTunes which I dont use

If you plan to use it right away is there much risk associated with it?

Do all these resellers only use cards sold to them from individuals or do they also have the ability to buy discounted cards directly from the companies? Wondering because it seems odd that they are able to offer the cards at constant amounts unless they have a way to buy direct.

There is always risk. If you use it to secure a resort reservation, you may get an email or during checkout see a higher amount. I think it depends on how it is used. On post #5 Consolidating your Disney Gift Cards I included links to reports given by highly reputable fellow DISers:

Fair Warning
  • Some have reported gc’s were not activated when purchased and had to go back to the store to resolve. Receipt may be required.
  • You should never combine Disney gift cards purchased from 3rd party sites with gift cards purchased from a regular store. If the gift card purchased from a 3rd party site has a chargeback (Raise.com), you could end up losing all your funds from any gift cards you combined it with. Post #64
  • Also reported when buying gc’s through “discounted websites” Disney requested proof of purchase prior to adding funds back onto the cards. You can read more about that: here
In terms of where these resellers get their cards - anywhere.

Added Offers - 5/22/20

There are a few offers for Fandango Gift Cards, remember do your math based on cc earnings, fuel points etc. to secure the best deal!

FandangoNOW: Save 30% On All Gift Cards With No Promo Code.
Expires 5/25/20. Link

Best Buy: Buy $25 FandangoNOW Gift Cards For $20 Plus earn BB Rewards
Limit 3. Expiry date unknown. Link

Kroger Online: Buy $25 FandangoNOW Gift Cards For $20 Plus earn 4x Fuel
Limit 3. Expires today 5/22/20. Direct Link

Best Buy: Buy Fox Nation Gift Card (12 Month Subscription) & Get $10 Best Buy Gift Card Free
Limit 1. Expiry date unknown. GC Galore Link or Direct Link

Raise: Spend $100+ On Gift Cards & Get $10 Off $100+ Gift Cards Next Week from May 27-June 1, 2020.
More information can be found HERE

Ongoing List Of Current Cash App Boosts – Grocery Stores, Home Depot, Walmart, DoorDash & More - GC Galore :thumbsup2

I'll be back on Tuesday! I hope you enjoy your weekend with family and friends... at a distance. ;)

And take time to honor the men and women who died while serving in the U.S. military. Semper Fi!!!

Hi. It sounds like from the first pages that Kroger doesn’t code as grocery stores, for the 5% 2nd qtr Chase Freedom category?

can you use Walmart GC to purchase discounted Disney tickets on the Sams travel site? We’re looking to compare Sams travel site with UT and Get Away Today for DL tickets, never having bought discounted DL tickets before. We’re thinking we’ll book an offsite motel thru Ultimate Rewards today for Dec.

Are Walmart/Sams GCARDS the last survivor for being able to use GC buy Disney GC?

Thank you for any help!

I guess to answer one of my questions, chase freedom lists included grocery stores, and Kroger made the cut. So free to buy GC’s for 5% UR.

Hi. It sounds like from the first pages that Kroger doesn’t code as grocery stores, for the 5% 2nd qtr Chase Freedom category?

can you use Walmart GC to purchase discounted Disney tickets on the Sams travel site? We’re looking to compare Sams travel site with UT and Get Away Today for DL tickets, never having bought discounted DL tickets before. We’re thinking we’ll book an offsite motel thru Ultimate Rewards today for Dec.

Are Walmart/Sams GCARDS the last survivor for being able to use GC buy Disney GC?

Thank you for any help!
The last time that I checked (many months back), you couldn't use GCs on the travel site. You could try going through the process of purchasing online without actually completing the order to see the payment options now. Maybe it has changed.

The last time that I checked (many months back), you couldn't use GCs on the travel site. You could try going through the process of purchasing online without actually completing the order to see the payment options now. Maybe it has changed.
Thanks. Yes- we should try to test it before buying a bunch of Walmart GCs, which I’m sure we’d use anyhow.

Thanks. Yes- we should try to test it before buying a bunch of Walmart GCs, which I’m sure we’d use anyhow.
So, I was curious and just tried. The only option it gave for payment was credit card. Maybe there is a way to do it in the club, but I don't have a local one so I can't check that. The pricing on Sam's was interesting. I tried a random 4-night stay in August and compared their pricing to Disney's. The values were $10 less and one of the deluxes was $30 less. I also saw a few rates that were more on Sam's than on Disney's site. Weird.

Thank you for any help!
I guess to answer one of my questions, chase freedom lists included grocery stores, and Kroger made the cut. So free to buy GC’s for 5% UR.

If you buy gift cards from Kroger online, it will not code as grocery store purchases with any credit card used. Kroger online uses Blackhawk Network. This information is correct and confirmed.

If you buy them at the store, you are good to go.

So, I was curious and just tried. The only option it gave for payment was credit card. Maybe there is a way to do it in the club, but I don't have a local one so I can't check that. The pricing on Sam's was interesting. I tried a random 4-night stay in August and compared their pricing to Disney's. The values were $10 less and one of the deluxes was $30 less. I also saw a few rates that were more on Sam's than on Disney's site. Weird.
Thanks for checking! I only tried buying APs on Sams. Never checked hotel rates. We booked our Sept pop century on orbitz with a 15% first time app code that’s usually avail. and it was quite a bit cheaper than disney... something like $130/night booked early Covid.

we’re mostly shopping ultimate rewards for our Dec DL hotel today. Get away today had a couple of free 4th night hotels but otherwise we wanted to just use points. Not sure the best way to buy tickets yet but it seemed like UT was cheaper than get away and typically Sams was slightly cheaper than UT for WDW.

If you buy gift cards from Kroger online, it will not code as grocery store purchases with any credit card used. Kroger online uses Blackhawk Network. This information is correct and confirmed.

If you buy them at the store, you are good to go.
Thanks for clarifying

Did a quick comparison and UT was cheapest for DL tickets, then Sams, then Get Away Today. We checked our prospective DL hotel rate at Sams, and it was more expensive than other 3rd party sites. I think I could also check with a friend who has a Corp discount to see how it stacks up.

was hoping to triple dip on the DL ticket purchase via the 4x Kroger pts for gift cards, using chase freedom 5% for Walmart GC, then using it at Sams travel site for DL tickets. But maybe I could use the Walmart GC to buy 4% off Sams Disney GC for use on on site dining or something.

Added Offers - 5/26/20

Discount District
Kroger: Many Bonus Fuel Points Digital Coupons: Barnes & Noble, Happy, Lowe’s, IHOP, Google Play, Starbucks, Olive Garden, Bed Bath & Beyond, Sephora, Darden, DoorDash.
Targeted. Excludes $10 gift cards. Most offers expire 5/31/20. Link
Also note, Kroger extended March fuel points until the end of May. No information of another extension has been posted. Michigan's Stay at Home has been extended to June 12th.

Kroger Online: Buy $300 Lowe’s Gift Card For $285 (5% discount).
  • Limit 3. Offer valid May 27, 2020 to June 2, 2020. Link
Kroger Online DP: Online is processed by Blackhawk Network, so they don’t code as grocery store purchases.

Office Depot/Office Max: $10 Instant Discount When Buying $100+ Visa Gift Cards.
Limit 1 per customer. Expires 5/30/20. Link

Safeway/Albertsons: Buy $100+ Visa Gift Cards & Get $10 Off
This offer works on variable load Visa gift cards.
Limit 1 per household. Expires 6/6/20. Digital Coupon
Safeway DP: @SuzanneSLO posted a comprehensive list for Safeway/Alberstsons/Vons Point system on Post #390

Speedway: June 2020 Perk – Earn 40 Points Per Dollar On 3rd Party Gift Cards
There is a great deal of information/examples to explore with this offer, I encourage you to go here. as well as check your offer on the Speedway App. Offer valid June 1-30, 2020.

Staples: Buy $100 Lowe’s Gift Cards For $90 SOLD OUT! :eek:
Limit 3. Expires 5/30/20 or while supplies last. Link
There’s a Staples Amex Offer if you’ve not already maxed that out.

Stater Bros: Buy $50+ Happy Gift Cards + $10 Groceries & Get $10 Off Grocery Basket
Limit One coupon per transaction per day while supplies last. Offer Valid 5/27-6/02/20 Link

Tanger Outlets: Spend $75 & Get $10 Tanger Outlets Gift Card Free.
It looks like this offer is available at all Tanger Outlets locations that are allowed to be open at the moment.
Present receipts dated May 15-24, 2020 at Tanger Shopper Services to get free $10 gift card.
Limit 1 per household age 16+. Expires 5/31/20 Link

Target: Buy $50+ Prepaid Phone Gift Cards & Get $5 Off:
AT&T, Boost Mobile, BOSS Revolution, Cricket Wireless, H2O Wireless, Net10 Wireless, SafeLink Wireless, Simple Mobile, T-Mobile, TocaTel, Total Wireless, Tracfone, Verizon, Virgin Mobile.
Kroger offered 15% discount but not everyone has that store in their state and Target is offering a much larger selection.
Redcard holders get an additional 5% off. Expires 5/30/20. Link

Warehouses
Sam’s Club: Buy 3x $15 Panda Express Gift Cards For $35.98.
These went out of stock a couple of weeks ago, but at some point since then they’ve come back in stock so keep checking as Sam's have been replenishing their inventory as well as substitutions. You can also earn 5% cashback by paying with a Discover It card this quarter. No limit. Expiry date unknown. Link

Credit Card Offers
Office Depot/OfficeMax Chase Offer: Get 10% Back On Up To $80 Of Spend.
Targeted offer has been extended. Expires 6/07/20. Link

Transportation & Traveling with Points
AA SimplyMiles: Buy AARP Membership & Get 1,000 American Airlines AAdvantage Miles
Limit 1. Expires 6/30/20. Link
Also, AARP offers something similar to Swagbucks, do this/that to earn points.
They also offer Daily Deals for discounted gift cards. You have to be lightning fast as they only sell 100 gc during the promotion. Again, I do not post an offer when you can do better elsewhere.

United Visa Rewards / MPX App: Earn 12x Miles At Sears On Up To $200 Spend (Gift Cards Should Work). Expires 6/01/20. Link

MISC.
Fluz:
Now Allows Payout Via Venmo - Link

T-Mobile Tuesdays 5/26/20: Free Impossible Whopper, 30% Off Crocs, $8 Off at Overstock and Gas Savings Link

497209 READS
Chase, Amex & Citi Enhance Card Benefits:
How To Maximize For Gift Cards - Link

Amex Delta Cards, Big Targeted Offers with NO Lifetime Language - Link

497214 EATS
Complete List Of Restaurant Gift Card/Promo Card Deals - Link

Last edited:
Not sure if you're aware, Panera Bread is directly across the street from Disneyland Resort. We bought their gc during 4x fuel pts, using Discover 5%. It was never crowded during lunch or dinner time and the prices were more budget friendly.
Thanks! We have one gc for happy bites I think that has Panera. We could consider another.
Ended up booking HoJo last night but was going to book Grand Legacy because only .4 miles away (nearly across the st.). But the same price point at GL vs HoJo was for double beds, vs king at HoJo. GL was free cancelation too. Starting to regret already:).

We’re probably buying tickets this week. Was initially thinking that there might be a sale for returning after COVID... but I sort of doubt it. Might actually be perceived as encouraging guests to come back when there’s supposed to be controlled number of guests early on. Plus they can probably get enough guests to buy in without a discount for Dec. Do you think it’s worth PH when we have 4 days with prob MaxPass? So PH would allow the 2 days of finishing at DL for the 2 extra hours from 10-midnight, and ability to hop for FPs for $100 extra total.

I got the Amex offer for $15 credit when you spend $100 on Happy cards.

Anyway, I noticed they have a new seasonal Happy Fathers Day card, which includes Lowes. Last I heard, buying third party gift cards at Lowes using a Happy card is YMMV, but not completely prohibited (yet).

Since Happy Guy went away, this may be the closest we'll get for a while.

I got the Amex offer for $15 credit when you spend $100 on Happy cards.

Anyway, I noticed they have a new seasonal Happy Fathers Day card, which includes Lowes. Last I heard, buying third party gift cards at Lowes using a Happy card is YMMV, but not completely prohibited (yet).

Since Happy Guy went away, this may be the closest we'll get for a while.
Thanks for posting about the new card! I still haven't used my offer.

Credit Card Offers

Happy Gift Cards Amex Offer: Spend $100 & Get $15 Back / 1,500 Membership Rewards
  • There are two versions of a Happy gift card Amex Offer:
    • Spend $100+ at HappyCards.com & get $15 back, or
    • Spend $100+ at HappyCards.com & get 1,500 Membership Rewards
    • Expires 7/05/20 Link

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter