Is anyone planting a vegetable garden this summer? I so want to learn how to do this. We have rabbits and feral cats in our neighborhood so fencing is imperative. Our next door neighbor had this beautiful 3yr old yellow lab that got in a fight with one of the cats. With all the biting and scratches the lab received he was taken to vet a few days later only to be put down. Unfortunately the cat had some kind of virus and our neighbor three doors down refuses to stop feeding them.

We were able to trap the mother and her 6 kittens and are trying to trap the other cats. Believe me you, Macomb Animal Control (MAC) would not help. They told us WE had to trap the cats, bring then to the center to get spayed/neutered, vaccinated and tagged on the ear. From there WE had to pick them back up and release them where we found them.
Due to the extended Stay at Home, MAC will only provide this service on Wednesday in the AM. Which means your responsible for their welfare until they go to MAC. Food & Water :sad2:

Last edited:
Is anyone planting a vegetable garden this summer? I so want to learn how to do this. We have rabbits and feral cats in our neighborhood so fencing is imperative. Our next door neighbor had this beautiful 3yr old yellow lab that got in a fight with one of the cats. With all the biting and scratches the lab received he was taken to vet a few days later only to be put down. Unfortunately the cat had some kind of virus and our neighbor three doors down refuses to stop feeding them.

We were able to trap the mother and her 6 kittens and are trying to trap the other cats. Believe me you, Macomb Animal Control (MAC) would not help. They told us WE had to trap the cats, bring then to the center to get spayed/neutered, vaccinated and tagged on the ear. From there WE had to pick them back up and release them where we found them.
Due to the extended Stay at Home, MAC will only provide this service on Wednesday in the AM. Which means your responsible for their welfare until they go to MAC. Food & Water :sad2:
Seems like most communities these days have a cat rescue group that does trap/neuter/release. Is there a community Facebook page you can check for this? You might be able to find some help other than animal control. The local vets office may know of a group as well. Good luck!

Whoa. I am no help but its pretty unusual for viruses to jump species easily so I wonder what that was. I am all for spaying and neutering. Do the ferals get in the gardens? We have a few strays around we feed plus our own cat. None have ever bothered mils garden.

Seems like most communities these days have a cat rescue group that does trap/neuter/release. Is there a community Facebook page you can check for this? You might be able to find some help other than animal control. The local vets office may know of a group as well. Good luck!

Yes, our neighbor who feeds them took the kittens to foster homes. Hopefully they can train them back to being domesticated. As for the adults no one wants them.

Whoa. I am no help but its pretty unusual for viruses to jump species easily so I wonder what that was. I am all for spaying and neutering. Do the ferals get in the gardens? We have a few strays around we feed plus our own cat. None have ever bothered mils garden.

They were nesting in the back of our property line so we took the responsibility of trapping the adults. Once they get their ear tagged and everything else I could really give a hoot where they roam. They seem to enjoy being around our home, front/back and often leave "presents" including fur balls. :scared: We are totally allergic to cats so it's no fun.

It very well could have been rabies and that's why the vet put down the lab. Our neighbor was extremely upset when she came over and it felt awkward to ask more questions. I don't know if they even tested the lab to see what it was.

We used our friends trap but have since purchased our own which we received yesterday.
Again if they have the tag, we'll release them but if not we'll take them to MAC to have them vaccinated which is important to us and that service costs us nothing. Plus we'll feel safer with all the small children and animals in our neighborhood.

This hurts. I love going on treasure hunts in these stores. And 2 of the stores closing are near me. :(

All of them near me are closing but there were also more than I knew about. I have bought stuff there but it was more of a store of last resort when tj max or homegoods that are in the same strip mall didn't have what I wanted. The few times I went in there was rarely more than 2 other people looking. It doesn't surprise me that they are closing so many stores or that what I'm guessing is all near me are.

After so much trouble.. gift card deal from
************.com/product/1050-disney-gift-card/ came today and it successfully was added to my account. It was a pain in the butt they only took apple/google/zelle payments. And zelle denied my payment so i had to call the bank..
It made me scared that it was a scam but it worked
I saw those payment options and wondered why they don't use Paypal or Venmo. I decided not to get a new payment app, since we aren't going this year.

We just built a container garden that is about 4 feet high and holds 12 buckets (so we don't have to bend over to garden). Turned out great! We planted zucchini, squash, romaine, spinach, tomato, potato, some herbs and a few other things I can't remember right now (it's raining or I would go out and look, lol). Getting big! Here is the design we based ours on: https://homesteadlifestyle.com/diy-plastic-bucket-raised-garden-bed/

Yes, we have a vegetable garden. We just finished planting last week. My DH built a tall fence all around the garden due to deer. We have rabbits sometimes too. It’s always something. He sad that there was a crow that flew in already and pulled up a couple of our bean plants.

I saw those payment options and wondered why they don't use Paypal or Venmo. I decided not to get a new payment app, since we aren't going this year.
I was going to use zelle cause its part of my chase app.. but just went with google pay. It was really strange almost to the point i was scared to pay them. I took the chance :)

We just built a container garden that is about 4 feet high and holds 12 buckets (so we don't have to bend over to garden). Turned out great! We planted zucchini, squash, romaine, spinach, tomato, potato, some herbs and a few other things I can't remember right now (it's raining or I would go out and look, lol). Getting big! Here is the design we based ours on: https://homesteadlifestyle.com/diy-plastic-bucket-raised-garden-bed/

So happy to see how you planted your garden. I really like this idea and I'll share it with my hubby. Looks like it would take less soil than the idea he has. We have a trampoline our son no longer uses where he wants to put these planters.

Added Offer - 6/01/20
Discount District
CVS: Buy $50 Select Gift Cards & Get $10 ExtraBucks Rewards
Limit 1 per household with card. Expires 6/06/20. Direct link to weekly ad.

Dollar General: Buy 2x Select Gift Cards & Get $5 Off
The best deal here will be to buy two $15 Netflix gift cards as the $5 discount makes that a 16.67% discount. All the other brand (other than Domino’s) require that you spend at least $25 per card which makes those a 10% discount.
Excludes $10 gift cards. Expires 6/06/20. Link

Meijer: Earn $5 Reward For Every $50 Spent On Gift Cards.
Limit 10. Expires 6/20/20. GC Galore

Rite Aid: Buy $25 Select Gift Cards & Get $5 BonusCash
  • Buy $25 gift cards for the following brands & get $5 BonusCash
    • StubHub
    • Sling TV
  • Buy $25 gift cards for the following brand & get $5 BonusCash
    • PlayStation Store
Limit 2 offers per customer per deal. Expires 6/06/20. Direct link to weekly ad.

Safeway/Albertsons: Earn 10x Reward Points On Bath & Body Works Gift Cards. Unlimited use. Expires 6/20/20. Link

Tanger Outlets: Spend $75 & Get $10 Tanger Outlets Gift Card Free. Expires 6/07/20. Link

Target: Buy $100 iTunes Gift Card & Get $15 Target Gift Card Free. Limit one per transaction. Expires 6/06/20. Link

Walgreens App: Apple Card $50 Signup Bonus When You Spend $50 At Walgreen’s
No direct link, check the Walgreen’s app to see if you can get this to pop up for you.

Apple is offering some people a $50 bonus when signing up for Apple Card and spending $50 at Walgreen’s in the first 30 days. Expires 6/30/20. Link

Credit Card Offers
Chase, Amex & Citi Enhance Card Benefits: How To Maximize For Gift Cards. June’s 3x/5x earnings at grocery stores on Chase cards are now live. Link

FedEx AmEx Offer: Business card holders, Get 10% Back, Up To $1,000. No direct link, check your AmEx Offers to see if you were targeted. Expires 11/30/2020. Link

Amex Membership Rewards: Redeem Points For Home Depot Gift Cards At 20% Discount.
YMMV. Limit unknown. Expiry date unknown. Link

Starbucks Amex Offer: Get 10-15% With A Limit Of $5 Back. Expires 7/10/20. Link

Discover Adds Home Depot To Their Q2 2020 Rotating Categories - Link
Discover: Spend $50+ At Walmart.com & Get $5 Statement Credit. Targeted. Expires 6/30/20. Link

Rakuten Visa: 4x/6x Points At Grocery Stores, Restaurants, Mobile Wallets With No Limit.
Not sure if all Rakuten Visa cardholders got one of these offers or if it’s targeted with some people getting no offer at all; check your emails. Expires 6/30/20. Link

MISC
AARP Rewards:
List of Gift Card Deals For June 2020. Limit 3 Discounted & 3 Points Redemptions Per Month. Link

eGifter: Buy $90 GameStop Gift Card & Get $10 GameStop Gift Card Free With Promo Code GAMES620. Limit 5. Expires 6/05/20 or while supplies last. Link

Fluz App: $500 Best Buy Gift Cards Available With 1% Cashback. Link

GiftCardMall: For every $25 worth of Select Gift Cards purchased, GET $5 MORE!
Applebee’s, Chipotle, Grubhub
Happy Student, Game Stop, Barnes & Noble
TJMax/Marshalls/HomeGoods: Various Offers
And more.... Expires 6/04/20 or while supplies last. Direct Link

Gyft: Buy $50 Lowe’s Gift Cards For $45 With Promo Code PROJECTS.
Unfortunately Gyft no longer codes as 5x/5% on Chase Ink Plus/Ink Cash gift cards when checking out with PayPal.
Limit 5. Expires 6/17/20. Direct Link

MyGiftCardsPlus/Swagbucks: Earn 10-20% Cashback On Select Gift Cards:
  • 20% Cashback
    • Cabela’s
    • Domino’s
    • GameStop
    • Aeropostale
    • Regal Cinemas
  • 15% Cashback
    • Under Armour
  • 10% Cashback
    • Home Depot
    • Brinker
    • Hard Rock Cafe
Many of these will sell out quickly, so jump on any offers you’re interested in ASAP. Direct Link

Verizon Up App: Free $3-$5 Gift Card Each Month To Visa, Amazon, Home Depot, CVS & More.
No direct link, check your Verizon Up app to see if you were targeted. Link

498351 EATS
Complete List Of Restaurant Gift Card/Promo Card Deals (May 31, 2020) - Link

498356 READS
PSA: Stimulus Checks Are Now Being Sent Out As Debit Cards, Do Not Discard - Link

Giant, Stop&Shop, Martin’s: Extend Fuel Points Extra 30 Days. [YMMV] - Link

Pier 1 Imports Update: Liquidation Has Been Approved – Pier 1 Imports Seeking To Close All Stores - Link

Sabon: Still Have Sabon Gift Cards From An Old Amex Express Checkout Offer? They’re Filing For Bankruptcy. - Link

Last edited:
So happy to see how you planted your garden. I really like this idea and I'll share it with my hubby. Looks like it would take less soil than the idea he has. We have a trampoline our son no longer uses where he wants to put these planters.
View attachment 498325
Those boxes look amazing -- my SIL has something similar. I have had a small veggie garden patch since dd was a baby, so 17 years. I'd probably stop the veggies and put in a wildflower garden (the prep really bothers my back -- I do it all by hand) but dd loves it so I persevere! If you are just starting out I'd probably try something small to be sure that you enjoy it, then expand over the next few years. I have grown many things -- broccoli, cauliflower, green and yellow beans, red and green peppers, peas and always tomatoes, cucumbers and carrots (we plant the carrots from seed). It is really fun watching everything grow. I have seen rabbits on our front lawn from time to time but they have never touched my garden in the back. The only issue I have had is slugs and there are natural methods you can use to get rid of them. My sister bought me a "Natural Gardening" book one year and it is full of helpful suggestions (I do not use insecticides or pesticides). Not sure where you are located but you might want to research what grows best in your region.

Any questions let me know!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts