"UPDATE"Trees have been sent ! 3rd annual,DVC Christmas Tree, Sharing alittle Magic !

Hi again,

Just wanted to comment on how helpful Bell Services was at the BWVs!! The tree and ornament boxes were right where Laura said that they would be. We ended up picking it up earlier than expected, and taking the tree back to the Wilderness Lodge before bringing it back to the BWVs for our split stay there. The Bell Services guy that Laura mentioned wasn't there on the day that I picked up the tree, but the other guys knew exactly where they were and brought them out to our car.

Happy New Year!!

Laura,

Thank you so much. We were the first to use the BCV tree this year and had no problems at all. You thought of everything. The kids had a great time decorating the tree and it was so feastive to have it in our room. The lights for the balcony were a delightful bonus.

Thank you so much. I hope you and your family had a very Merry Christmas :flower: .

Gailyn :wave:

Popovich said:
Thank you so much. I hope you and your family had a very Merry Christmas :flower: .

Gailyn :wave:

:flower: THanks! We had a lovely Christmas. I cant beleive we are heading back to school tomorrow!

Unfortunately... the christmas tree swap didn't go so well for us (but it has a happy ending, so bear with me!).

We checked into BCV on Christmas Eve, and I was so excited to get downstairs to get the tree. I told the kids I'd be right back, went downstairs to Bell Services... who couldn't find the tree. Luckily a CM was walking by who said "oh, it's behind the front desk... what's your name and I'll get it for you." I told him, and he checked and came back and said that they had a tree back there but it didn't have my name on it and wasn't scheduled to be picked up till Jan 1st. I had a sinking feeling, but went back upstairs, logged into the DIS and saw that it should be the tree my name is on. I wrote down all the names and dates, and went back downstairs and spoke to a VERY UN-friendly CM behind the front desk who gave me a very hard time - telling me I've made a mistake and the box is not for me. I practically had to BEG her to just check one more time, and she says "Fine, I'll bring the box out here and SHOW you." :rolleyes:

So she brings the box out - and my name was missing :guilty: BeckyV had it from Dec. 17-24 but my name wasn't there - it was scheduled to go to LIFERBABE on Jan 1. I was sooooo disappointed - there was the tree! But not for me. So I left the front desk and went to tell DH - he could see how upset I was. I stupidly had told the kids earlier in the week that we had a tree waiting for us at WDW because they were so worried Santa wouldn't bring presents if there wasn't a tree to put them under. The kids and I decided to go to the pool while DH went to pick up some food at Publix.

Well, a couple of hours later... doesn't he knock on the door of our villa with a Christmas tree box next to him!!! :love: He searched everywhere and finally found 1 store with 1 christmas tree left. It was a 6 footer, and a pain in the butt to get home, lol, but it really made Christmas. We hid the tree from the kids, and my DD wrote Santa a note before she went to bed telling him that we didn't have a tree, but to please leave the presents at the foot of her bed. Poor thing was sooo worried Santa wouldn't leave the presents, she even gave him a few extra powdered donuts on his plate, lol. DH and I set up the tree after the kids fell asleep, and put their presents around it.

The next morning they both came running in (they're 3 and 5) yelling "Mom!! Dad!! Santa brought a tree!! Come see!!" It was so cute that they didn't care about the presents (for a few minutes anyways) and were just so happy to see a tree, lol!

So... it all worked out in the end! I hope everyone else has better luck! (It sounds like they did)

I'm sorry the DVC tree didn't work out for you, jenny2. I'm so glad you did manage to have the great surprise for your kids.

Bobbi :flower:

I am sorry jenny2, i checked my notes and you were on the list, i just got back, when the tree getsshipped back to me i will see what went wrong. Again i am very sorry. If you are going down this christmas please pm me and i will make sure you are on the list and get the tree.

Once again i believe we had a smooth tree sharing success.

Looking forward to christmas 2006 the 4th annual DVC Christmas Tree, Sharing a little magic ! I will start taking names in july !

I am sorry that happend to you jenny, but what a great DH you have!!! ((((Hugs))))))

I have gotten back all three orniment boxes and 2 trees so far. I expect the last tree today or tomorrow.

THanks everyone for the letters and trinkets. :flower: :dog:

I would love to donate them again next year, if you need them, I cant imagine needing 5 trees :rotfl2:

I learned a lot about how NOT to do it and how TO do it this year! So next year should run smoother for everyone.

A big thanks to WDWSTAR for organizing all of this! I will look for your post in July!

OKW tree #2 is retrieved and will be stored here in sunny FL until next year :)
wdwstar pm'd you :)

Laurabearz, thanks for donating such a great tree. Our 3 DDs (11, 6 & 4) were really surprised and had a great time setting up and decorating the tree. You made our trip that much more special. Thank you

wdwstar said:
I am sorry jenny2, i checked my notes and you were on the list, i just got back, when the tree getsshipped back to me i will see what went wrong. Again i am very sorry. If you are going down this christmas please pm me and i will make sure you are on the list and get the tree.

Oh it's OK wdwstar! It all worked out in the end :sunny: Thanks so much for all the time you spent putting this together! How was your cruise?!

Jimmac said:
Laurabearz, thanks for donating such a great tree. Our 3 DDs (11, 6 & 4) were really surprised and had a great time setting up and decorating the tree. You made our trip that much more special. Thank you
I am so happy to hear that!! Thanks. :jumping1:

laurabearz, I also wanted to let you know how much we all enjoyed having the tree. Thank you so much, it was so very generous of you to share this magic!

Wow, this sounds really cool!! What a great operation - looks like only a few people didn't get trees. I'd be interested in doing this for this year! I'll have to be on the lookout for the tree sign up posts. :)

It was a lot of fun! I have the three trees I donated last all ready to go for this year, although this year we are not heading to WDW at Christmas (opted for MNSSHP instead!)

Just waiting for the new list to emerge! lol

Just curious, I'm not a DVC member, but I'm renting DVC pts. Would I still be eligible to participate in this? Thanks!

Yes, as long as your renting points or renting a ressies thru a DVC Member.
I will start the list in July. This way with members still booking and waiting to book for the 7 month to open up, it gives everyone a fair chance to get on the list. Plus once i add your name,dates,resort to the list and if there are any chances i may not be able to guarantee a tree will be available for your new dates or different resort.

Laurabearz i am so sorry you wont be joining us this year in wdw for christmas. Its early here for me :coffee: , but where are you going ? :scratchin MNSSHP? are you going on a cruise ?

wdwstar said:
Yes, as long as your renting points or renting a ressies thru a DVC Member.

Oh, that's nice, I was hoping it would work out for this person!

Bobbi :)

wdwstar said:
Laurabearz i am so sorry you wont be joining us this year in wdw for christmas. Its early here for me :coffee: , but where are you going ? :scratchin MNSSHP? are you going on a cruise ?

Let see... DL in May with the family, Girls trip to the world in June, family road trip to HHI in July, Family trip to WDW In Oct and yesterday I booked a Cat 2 for Oct 2007 on the Magic!!! WOOT Sadly we could not work Christmas in this year! LOL But I have TREES!!!

Plus we have decided, since we froze our buns off this past December... We like out trips warmer! LOL

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter