*Truck and Towing thread........ask your questions here.*

I thought he lived at a trailer storage facility. :-)

Ha! We all call my back yard the "Trailer Depot". I have six trailer in the yard, two utility trailers, a 14' & 18', my boat 21' Sea Pro (not in the picture on the other side of my camper) my 5er, my parents 5er, it's a 28' Laredo, and my dad's oyster boat. We live next to my parents so my dad and I went and in half and built the pole barn for the campers and my boat. It's a yard full!

On the subject of truck headlights. Has anyone found something to take off the discoloration?

On the subject of truck headlights. Has anyone found something to take off the discoloration?
Ebay... To buy new ones. o_O

Seriously though, Some of the polishing compounds at the auto stores will take the haze out, but I haven't found anything to remove the yellow.

j

I'd be interested in knowing how well the LED lights (about the 6000K) do in Rain or foggy conditions?

Denise,
If it's the hazing that you are talking about then I have used some of the products from Wal Mart for polishing the headlights and they worked well.

If it's a yellowing you're referring to then probable best option is to replace as the yellowing is usually from the breakdown of the plastic.

Yeah, right!! For your DW, eh????? :rolleyes:

Yes, I well understand her not 'noticing' - sounds like me, just not on our radar!! Just like everything outside with the vehicles is DH's responsibility, especially the MH, the inside is all mine - unless something doesn't work, then it's "Honnnneeyy, this needs fixin'!! :D

Yeah, right!! For your DW, eh????? :rolleyes:

Yes, I well understand her not 'noticing' - sounds like me, just not on our radar!! Just like everything outside with the vehicles is DH's responsibility, especially the MH, the inside is all mine - unless something doesn't work, then it's "Honnnneeyy, this needs fixin'!! :D

North of Mouse, yes for the DW. After all it is HER truck. I just get to drive it when a trailer is attached, ok and once in awhile beside that. And yes this way she can put all the tools, etc that she used to keep under the cap of her old truck.

North of Mouse, yes for the DW. After all it is HER truck. I just get to drive it when a trailer is attached, ok and once in awhile beside that. And yes this way she can put all the tools, etc that she used to keep under the cap of her old truck.

Oops - my sorry! :duck: That's what I get for assuming it was 'your' truck!! :)

Well have the truck plugged in now that the weather is more like the planet Hoth. Guess winter is finally here. Not totally sure the truck needs to be plugged in but if it makes it easier to start I am all for it. It only gets run maybe once a week or every two weeks this time of year. :santa:

Nothing new here (plus it's on every post of mine), but here is my 2011 Tahoe and 2014 Flagstaff Microlite 25BHS. Not a "car" person who does all sorts of mods and tweaking, but did install after market transmission cooler for the towing...

image.jpeg

Well have the truck plugged in now that the weather is more like the planet Hoth. Guess winter is finally here. Not totally sure the truck needs to be plugged in but if it makes it easier to start I am all for it. It only gets run maybe once a week or every two weeks this time of year. :santa:

It would start without plugging in, but if you have ever seen how thick the oil is when its that cold you would plug it in anyway. Plus the bonus for you is no long warm ups for the beastie. I have not plugged the new truck in yet, it has the instant heat option and I had to find the plug. I will start doing it going forward though. Plan to post pictures of the new truck after I finally have her all set up.

Well have the truck plugged in now that the weather is more like the planet Hoth. Not totally sure the truck needs to be plugged in but if it makes it easier to start I am all for it.
The book on my 6.7 says "The block heater system is most effective when outdoor temperatures reach 0 degrees F (-18C)"

I usually plug mine in when it gets to 10 or so. It REALLY helps warm them up faster. If you follow the glow plug instructions, all of my diesels (since 2001) have always started in the -teens without the block heater.

j

Oh I know, but on the 6.0 and a 20F morning there was a lot to be said with having some form of heat from start up. The new truck has the rapid heat system and it works well so far, plus with remote start I can start her while I am still getting ready to head out the door.

Well stopped at a RV show today, just looking around. Saw one we really liked, The Heartland Bighorn 3750. It is a new floor plan for this year. Front living room, and then kitchen, bath and rear bedroom. 2nd door accesses the bathroom. Wish it was more in our price range, but for now something to dream about. :tink:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter